Denise's New Rules for Lifting

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Tarz
Elephant

Re: Denise's New Rules for Lifting

#16 Postby Tarz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Yep, much respect in continuing to train and lift despite being unwell.

Hope you get better soon SeaSiren! :D
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.

buffsummers
Rabbit

#17 Postby buffsummers » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm

SeaSiren wrote:Thank you for the support! RA for 20yrs?! Wow, that's really tough. It's suprising how many people I have come across that have RA (not to be confused with osteo which is common). RA only affects 1% of the US population. Lupus unfortunately is pretty common as "the next step" with our compromised immune systems unfortunately. Worse so many die from cancer and infections brought on by the immune surpressing drugs given (the one's I'm refusing). Sending prayers for her!

She was diagnosed as a young teen but had been experiencing symptoms for some years before. Next month she's having surgery on her elbow. Thank you! She's a pretty tough cookie and obviously you are too. Good luck in your training!

Rabbit

#18 Postby STICKY » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Consider looking into taking Astaxanthin for your RA and Immune System. It's an amazing Anti-Oxidant (if not the best).

I use the BioAstin brand. :)

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#19 Postby C.O. » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Still sticky with your new rules of lifting? Making progress? I just saw that recommendation for anti-oxidant from Sticky, sounds like it could be helpful. I'm going to let my friend with RA know about it as well.

-Dylan

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”