Iron Deficiency Anemia

Marcina

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, so I apologize.

The only difference with my situation is that I have a chronic illness that causes internal bleeding (endometriosis). I also have digestive problems, and my current method of pain management has, on more than one occasion, caused my stomach to become inflamed enough to bleed as well.

I've been taking iron pills for 3 years and I still feel run down, have a hard time healing/fighting infections, and struggle with other signs of anemia. It's a never-ending battle. I eat beans as often as I can, get vitamin C, eat spinach.. nothing is working. I sleep for 12 hours a day and still feel wiped and I'm having a hard time with my job because of this. I'm so beyond frustrated. I haven't had a period in a year due to hormone therapy so I'm not even losing blood that way. Does anybody have any advice on how I can get my energy back and be healthy again??

Canned beans or soaked beans?

Vitamin D is more efficient for Iron absorption. Have you tried searching the internet "endometriosis vitamin D deficiency"?

I prefer raw leafy greens over cooked ones. Have you thought about growing your own leafy greens?

Have you thought about taking a magnesium supplement?

You should check out the 80/10/10 diet (fruit as the primary staple along with lots of leafy green vegetables). It may help your problems.

I personally know a lot of people that have had issues on 811, myself included when I attempted it. Heres a reference of people that followed either the 30BAD version and/or 811 by DG:

http://30bananasadaysucks.com/2012/04/request-for-data-in-support-of-the-claim-that-30bad-advice-is-not-working/

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, so I apologize.

The only difference with my situation is that I have a chronic illness that causes internal bleeding (endometriosis). I also have digestive problems, and my current method of pain management has, on more than one occasion, caused my stomach to become inflamed enough to bleed as well.

I've been taking iron pills for 3 years and I still feel run down, have a hard time healing/fighting infections, and struggle with other signs of anemia. It's a never-ending battle. I eat beans as often as I can, get vitamin C, eat spinach.. nothing is working. I sleep for 12 hours a day and still feel wiped and I'm having a hard time with my job because of this. I'm so beyond frustrated. I haven't had a period in a year due to hormone therapy so I'm not even losing blood that way. Does anybody have any advice on how I can get my energy back and be healthy again??

Hey Marcina, sorry about your health troubles, but it is nice to see you back

Have you thought about taking a magnesium supplement?

I know we are totally different people, in different situations, but I was massively magnesium deficient and it was affecting my iron uptake. No matter how much you take of something, if things aren't in place to help it absorb, you won't get much of it. Research the things iron needs to absorb and start there. Magnesium is one of them and it causes energy depletion, too, in other ways. Don't worry, you'll figure it out. Everything will work out fine, you'll be yourself again. Keep us posted.

Baby Herc