Hi from Malaysia!

JaseLee

Hi everyone!

My name is Jase and I'm from Malaysia - a lovely multiracial country in Asia.

I've been a vegetarian since childhood because I born in a vege family. I'm proud of being a vegetarian!!

I just started workouts at gym with my friends last two month and I've tried hard to workout at least three times a week. My goal now is to lose more fat to shape my body and hope to get some advice from here.

l'm looking forward meet other vegans who have same interest with me in this forum. Really excited to chat with and learn from you all!

This model is my fitness goal, I wish to have this kind of body soon.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2powoxw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jase welcome to the group. quick question is that your real picture because if it is you already look as fit as the model you are trying to look like? Lots of before and after pictures here on the forum. Check through the journal section for more motivation.

-Dylan

C.O. : I used that model picture just for the sake of inspiration and motivation for me. It urged me to workout harder.

Baby Hercules : Haha, I love all the tropical fruits and foods here, remember to try all of it when you have the chance to visit Malaysia.

Just send me a ticket, I'm packed and ready. What's a fruit that you love that we probably can't get here in the US very well?

Baby Herc

Welcome if you really do.

Well, the fruit I love the most is Durian, I love the unusual flavor and odor of Durian very well. But I know most Americans hate that smell, have you tried before?

http://i50.tinypic.com/fmjo6c.jpg

Another favorite fruit that probably can't get in US would be Mangosteen. It really taste good and special, you should really try the Mangosteen here, I love it too!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2cesmt2.jpg

That's our King (Durian) and Queen (Mangosteen) fruit here.

Jase, those look so tempting. I love tasting new things. We have an Asian import market here in Portland, Oregon, that has fresh Durian. I liked the smell despite how everyone warned me about it. How do you prepare it? Or do you just eat both fruits raw most of the time?

Yes, We just eat it fresh and raw.

There are nothing to worry about basically, except that you have to drink more water after you eat Durian, just in case you get sick.

There are nothing to worry about basically, except that you have to drink more water after you eat Durian, just in case you get sick.

?! I wasn't aware of that. I was just warned that the aroma could be a put off, no one said anything about getting sick. Hmmm. Durian may be off my list, now. Too, bad, because it sure does have a lot of goodies in it, especially a bizarre high concentration of protein and vitamin C: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2088/2

Baby Herc

?! I wasn't aware of that. I was just warned that the aroma could be a put off, no one said anything about getting sick.

Well, I never heard that before - aroma could be a put off.

You will get sick only if you eat too much Durian, so it's better to drink more water, this is just my advice.

Sad to heard that, Durian is really a nutritional fruit, maybe you should try another fruits then.

• 1 year later...

The Durians and Mangosteens here are so expensive it is prohibitive (Hawaii) We are planting some...You are lkucky to egt them Durians ar BIG with runners adn bikers and athletes very big...some people are addicted to Durians its primarily the sulpher and hydrogen that give the bit of taste but most dont notice it Glad to see you have it as it is an endurance fruit adn MORe than enough protein for gains... lucky you live wher eit is abundant The King of Malaysia broght me to malaysia in 1985 for a month (he was the Sultan of jahore then) and he was into windsurfing) and we took his top military leaders adn went for 2 days to visit with the Sultan of brunei who was the richest man in the world then. His palace has 1783 (right 1783) giant rooms and when everyone went in to the football field sized dining hall (all the rooms have marble floors andillars and gold inlaid floor and gold plated appliances.. I went walking fown the hallways looking for the kitchen in the Palace to find a way to make a salad!!. Seriously I have been a raw foods vegan for 48 years and traveling is a challenge at times.

the kitchen staff was in a kitchen that also was pure white marble with gold inlaid walls adn fllors They let me go into the warehouse sized coolers adn made a giant salad for me while I answred theirmuestions. (W was a windsurfing photojournalist and the King was having a regatta in Brunei with the Sultan. The cost of Durians and Mangosteens there was NOTHING. In Brunei free health care adn free education for ALL the citizens... A friend jsut went to Brunei to set up an annual conference of fruitarian athletes adn runners and he is addicted to Durians too. You are lucky to egt them at affordable prices.!!! The imported one shere are all frozen and expensive.

• 2 months later...