Good Beer Reviews

Baby Hercules

This has got to be the most misnamed beer in history. Loser Pale Ale is simply delicious. http://www.elysianbrewing.com/beer/loser.html I'm not usually a woman for hops but the combo they have goin' on in this bottle is two inches away from addictive. It's sweet without being cloying, smooth without being mild, thick without being chunky. 7% will improve your mood in twenty minutes. Recommended as a gateway ale for stout and porter lovers. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/700/44568

Baby Herc

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like I need to try this Loser ale. This weekend I had the best beer I've had this summer so far, and possibly the best beer I've had in 2012, and possibly the best beer I've ever had in NY. Kentucky Bourbon Ale. Its by Alltech brewing company. Actually at a vegan friendly bar that serves vegan food and hosts vegan events there sometimes, called Pine Box Rock Shop. I've been there a few times before but this is a new release. If you like the sweet taste of bourbon you will love this beer. Its like having a shot dropped in your beer. Ooh and its 7% as well.

-Dylan

Yes I have noticed, but I don't let it get me down. No examination needed. When we live just as long and healthy as the straightedge folks and knowing the wonders and flavors of craft beers, we'll have the last laugh, and all the laughs prior as well, things are much funnier when inebriated.

Oops, I just haven't been posting. Thinking about recent stuff ... the Sam Adams Homebrew winners were pretty good, particularly a Dark Night in Munich. Went through a bunch of He'brew, including a 13 and a 15, both delicious but deadly. The Victory Summer Love was ok, not great. Sweetwater Happy Ending was tasty this year.

Oh, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. Yikes. Strong, delicious, but very bold. A sipping beer.

yes, blabbate, great to see herc and I aren't alone here. I've had the hoptimum and the victory summer, not a fan of either. Probably have a similar palate as you. I want to try the sweetwater happy ending. They name sounds intriguing.

Yes I have noticed, but I don't let it get me down. No examination needed. When we live just as long and healthy as the straightedge folks and knowing the wonders and flavors of craft beers, we'll have the last laugh, and all the laughs prior as well, things are much funnier when inebriated.

Hmm...good point. (glug, glug)

Baby Herc

yes, blabbate, great to see herc and I aren't alone here. I've had the hoptimum and the victory summer, not a fan of either. Probably have a similar palate as you. I want to try the sweetwater happy ending. They name sounds intriguing.

I really liked the Hoptimum, but it was just too strong to drink much of. I can do a half of one, or nurse one over an hour or two. Tough for parties, though.

This weekend was the Jailhouse Summer Wheat, Breckenridge SummerBright Ale, Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest, and Unibroue La Fin Du Monde.

The Jailhouse was pretty good. Light and refreshing, not too sweet. Summery, but not citrusy. The SummerBright was fine, nothing special. The Harvest was tasty, but not as much of a saison taste as I expected. More of an IPA feel.

And the Fin Du Monde, of course, was delicious. As it always is.

Yup the fin du monde is a great beer. I just picked up a sample pack from Unibroue that included fin du monde, maudite, trois pistoles, and don de dieu. I haven't tried the other 3 yet.

I'm a huge fan of the Maudite and Trois Pistoles. The Ephemere is also really crisp and refreshing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha I love speaking English with a french accent or when french people speak english it cracks me up.

Got to try a beer card Yards (brewery) and the type was saison. Was a good beer, clean, flavorful. Its a local Philly brewery. Had it out of the bottle at a really great restaurant in Philly called Talulula's Garden. Vegan options were limited but yal know how to work around that scenario. I'd like to try it on tap if I ever get the chance.

Alchemist Celia Saison is a new, good quality, GLUTEN-FREE beer. They even carry it at Trader Joes. It's not super cheap but its worth trying. Especially if you are into cutting out or down on gluten in your life.

-Dylan

Haha thanks BH that video was good! Oh I tried a Captain Lawrence brown bird ale, it was very tasty. It was my first time trying any from that brewery. Looks like they have a whole line up of styles too. I'm going to pick up some liquid gold soon.

Oh, crap, Night Owl Pumpkin Ale is out, already. I thought I was going to have some time off. (sigh) http://seattlest.com/2011/10/04/heres_to_beer_night_owl_pumpkin_ale.php

Yes, it's vegan. http://www.barnivore.com/products/3380-night-owl-pumpkin-ale#

And you can cook with it, too. Damnit. http://ladiesocb.com/food-2/cooking-with-beer/night-owl-pumpkin-ale-bread/

Baby Herc