Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:13 am 
VBB Moderator

So we got stomped again tonight but not only did we not have a real keeper we also were short on players and had to play the entire game with no subs which in indoor is one hell of a cardio workout. We played pretty tough too 0-0 at the half which never happens in indoor either. Second half we ran out of gas a little and they beat us 4-1. Should have been 4-2 I put one that crossed the goal line then the keeper knocked it out and the ref called it no goal but we would have still lost so not a huge deal. So now that team is 4-0 for the season and we are 1-3. Abs showing after the game shower so that's a plus, thanks for not showing up teammates you're helping me get in better shape.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:24 pm 
VBB Moderator

So I concurred Mt. Washington in NH this weekend. Was about 5 hours or so up and 5 hours or so down. Could have probably done it faster with a more athletic group but I had an amazing time. There were 12 of us and I think I was 1 of 3 that wasn't complaining about everything hurting and walking funny after it was over. Kinda feels good to be in better shape that most of the group :)

Back to reality, I'll give myself a day to rest and work arms tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 pm 
VBB Moderator

Well I busted my big toe up playing soccer and kicking the heel of the goal keeper on the other team so cardio has been limited. However I did do the elliptical Sunday. Did arms and abs yesterday. Hopefully I am able to play soccer wednesday without interfering with my toe's healing process.

Been making chia seed pudding a bunch lately. Check out the recipe section I posted it there. Its super easy to make.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm 
VBB Moderator

Well I busted my big toe up playing soccer and kicking the heel of the goal keeper on the other team so cardio has been limited. However I did do the elliptical Sunday. Did arms and abs yesterday. Hopefully I am able to play soccer wednesday without interfering with my toe's healing process.

Been making chia seed pudding a bunch lately. Check out the recipe section I posted it there. Its super easy to make.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:54 am 
VBB Moderator

Dang soccer was disappointing tonight. I played well, scored 2 goals and 1 assist but we lost 3-4. I thought we had tied it up 3-3. Well they changed the playoff structure to include more teams so we are still in. 6th place at the end of the regular season, I think we may surprise someone in playoffs and pull an upset. We REALLY need an actual goal keeper for next season....
Big toe I smashed last week held up tonight but is really sore still especially after running on it and kicking balls all night.
Tomorrow arms shoulders and abs!

Also I tried this aloe and wheat grass drink by Alo brand and it was super delicious. I didn't think I liked either of those things but apparently together I do.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:28 pm 
VBB Moderator

Just saw the thread that forum members are working together to see how quickly we can do 1 million push-ups collectively so I dropped and gave em 101.

I have decided I want to improve my soccer skills and after some self analyzing I have decided that my strengths are passing and defending, and my weaknesses are shooting power and dribbling (which was a strength not too long ago). So I am going to focus on strengthening my legs which will help my shooting power and hopefully my first step quickness when dribbling.
I want to get back into playing at a little higher level of a league. I have decided my goal is to take a team to win a championship in this low level coed indoor league before switching leagues. I feel like I am most often one of the best players on the field in this league and create many opportunities for myself and others. However my shooting power and accuracy have been awful lately. Last game was an exception I had 2 goals and an assist but we still lost 3-4. I had plenty of opportunities to put a 3rd goal in the net and tie up the game.
This wednesday we start playoffs. We enter the playoffs in 7th place and have a double header if we win the first match vs the 10th place team we play the 2nd place team the same night about an hour later. Our teams biggest weakness is goal keeper. If my friend and our last seasons keeper comes to sub we have a shot at winning both games. If not I still at least want to close out the season with a win in the first round and making the 2nd place team have to work hard to beat us in the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hit the gym for arms, chest, shoulders and back with @IamNickJackson last night, solid workout. Then at at Champ in Williamsburg, tasty vegan eats there. First time I've ever had a tofu scramble, veg bacon, veg sausage, and a side salad come along with my french toast.
Robert and I hit Hanna food in Bushwick late night. He had been there several times and never had gotten anything from their deli! I couldn't believe it, that's the only reason to go there is their vegetarian sandwiches, the rest of the store is a little too over priced for me but good quality stuff in there.
Soccer playoffs tonight. Wish us luck, we will need it...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 pm 
VBB Moderator

Well we played really well. First round 8-2 win. 2nd round vs the #2 team that beat us 7-2 earlier in the season we played hard. Even had a player cut her hand severely on a broken sign on the wall, wrapped it up and kept playing, she went to the hospital after the game, haha actually after getting a drink after the game too. We were ahead 4-3 and had a goal that was across the line that didnt get counted that would have put us up 5-3... We ended up losing 5-6. It was a great game though, and even though we lost (haha we tied in my head) it was my favorite game of the season.
Day of rest (kind of besides some lifting at work) and then back to the gym tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 am 
VBB Moderator

Holy crap I discovered fennel, not like Columbus or whoever Columbus stole the credit from discovered America, but self discovery. Its delicious and so easy to cook, so many ways. Its definitely going to be in my rotation now.
Been moving and my gf just got back from Europe today so, between moving, cleaning and carrying her luggage I'm been getting in some solid non-gym workouts. Hitting the gym again tomorrow though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:18 am 
VBB Moderator

Excellent picnic with a sandwich made with edamame-tofu nuggets, heirloom tomatoes, red bell peppers, and pea shoots. Green tomatoes that look like tiny watermelons are so delcious.
Haven't been in the gym but moving has been keeping me working my muscles hard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:54 pm 
Elephant

are u full vegan yet?

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:21 pm 
VBB Moderator

haha I don't need labels or 100% restrictions personally, but I mostly eat vegan. I ate at Artichoke pizza the other day, if you are going to have a "cheat" haha mmm. Not that I haven't had some great vegan pizza plenty of times too.

My GF brought back a harsh cold with her back from Spain and pawned it off on me. That set my workouts back a bit the last week I haven't gotten much in except for push ups at home. Finally getting over it though.
Tonight is the first game of my new soccer season, and we actually have a goal keeper so I'm thrilled perhaps we can make a run at the title this season.

My sister made a quinoa salad while she visited with... yes quinoa, salsa fresca, corn, black beans, tomatoes, and lots of avocado. It was fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:34 pm 
VBB Moderator

Last week's first soccer game was super physical and intense. We came back from 1-3 to end it in a 3-3 tie.
Today was my first serious workout since I've been sick. Spent about an hour in the gym. Felt great. I want a real 6-pack with the sides cut without flexing by January 1st 2013. No need to wait for the new year to get started on resolutions and goals!
Tonight portobello mushrooms. I need a good recipe. I'm going to dig through the recipe section in the forum here and see what I can come up with. I'd like to include coconut rice and incorporate dates somehow too if possible. I'll let yal know how it turns out.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:31 am 
Manatee

How's the motivating going when it comes to gym workouts? When I first started back in the gym, I had the same problem, especially when weather sucked. I work in a vet clinic and have to run my butt off all day and wrestle dogs that outweigh me, so I get the tiredness thing, too. But you know what? The lunch breaks where I'd sneak to the gym for a quick workout, even just a short cardio session (when I was able to do them..), I was not only more productive, but I was happier and even better at my job. On saturdays when I work, I would get to the gym when it opened, hit it hard for an hour, then get myself to work and I would feel awesome the whole day.
All you gotta do is mentally yell at yourself (or out loud...just make sure no one else is around lol) for a week or so to get up and go, and after that you'd pretty much have to yell at yourself not to go lol

I'm super jealous of you playing soccer...I miss it like mad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 am 
VBB Moderator

Hey Cown, I totally know what you mean. When I force myself to exercise when im tired I always feel better later because of it. If you work out on your lunch breaks...then when do you eat lunch??
The last soccer game was really tough. We were super short on players. My toe injury is still bothering me a lot too. We ended 3-4 in a tough loss to a team we could have beaten.
Anyone know anything about toe sprains? Its been 5 weeks so I must have done something semi-serious.
Oh and from my last post about the portobello mushrooms I used the recipe search engine that someone posted here in the forum under the thread for best websites for recipes. I ended up making a marinade that included soy sauce, pomigranite vinagarette, olive oil, and garlic. It was pretty tasty.
Back to the gym tomorrow! Going to get my squats on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next