Best comedies of all time!

Baby Hercules

What are your favorite comedies to watch, the ones that make you snort when you laugh and do a spit take with your beer regardless of how many times you've seen 'em? What are the movies you'd recommend to any age, any generation, and be sure they'd crack a grin?

Mine:

Animal House 1978

Come on, you KNOW you wish college was at least a little bit like this. I went to a few frat parties in my day but they were never this fun or debauched. Okay, they were close but I never got to don a toga, consarnit! Extremely young Keven Bacon and Karen Allen debuted in this movie; Kevin got clobbered. Filming was done in only 28 days in my state at the University of Oregon in Eugene. John Belushi's wife appeared in several toga party scenes. And I know the secret to why Larry Kroger's fat brothers named him Pinto....

Blues Brothers 1980

Ah, yes, the reason everyone recognizes the Peter Gunn theme music. This was the last movie in history to have the city of Chicago's permission to film on site. They really did plow through the buildings you recognize on screen. They actually attained speeds in excess of 110 miles per hour on Wacker Drive in the downtown area, they didn't speed that film up. And all those super famous stars you see singing? Yep, filmed live and in person, including Dan Akroyd and John Belushi, who went one to get a record deal. Good times. I dare you not to dance.

Ghostbusters 1984

Hands down, the best one-liners of all time: "Listen: Do you smell something?" The role of Winston was originally written for Eddie Murphy. An even more ferocious version of the Librarian Puppet was going to be used, but was rejected and recycled to be used in another successful Columbia Pictures film released one year after this one: Fright Night. John Candy was the original Louis Tulley but he quit due to artistic differences. "Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!"

Baby Herc