Female vegan lifter from Melbourne, Australia

nelliscarlet

Hi everyone,

I just recently made the switch to vegan after being vegetarian for about 2 years. I've been training hard to reverse a 20-kilo weight gain and have been lifting for the last 4 months or so. I guess I became vegan for the same reasons I became vegetarian, a psychological revulsion to animal products brought on by ethical and moral reasoning. I'm really interested in hi-raw diets and gluten free recipes as I'm gluten intolerant and probably fast on my way to having no friends as a result! I'd love to hear from any other GF-vegans and pick up on protein and strength training tips. My trainer is ovo-lacto vegetarian and not too keen on the raw thing, but I feel gross when I eat cooked food. Anyway, here's my before and after pic. Still working on the last 4% of body fat though, would love to get down to 18%!

Nelli

http://i45.tinypic.com/153n3fm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

if you wanna meet some contacts and use great equipment you should maybe adventure there. they also have a boxing ring with classes. if you ever wanna do figure competing there's an excellent trainer there who competes herself called Ellena Reidie/Tsatsos