New and need advice

MuskelKatze

Hello everybody!

I've been reading here a bit for the last week and thought it could be useful and nice to be a member of the forum

I'll tell you a bit about me: I'm a female, 31 y/o , vegan since about a year and vegetarian since about 10 years... I have started exercising pretty recently, started going to the gym about 2 months ago. I used to be an exercise-hater til I got to know "les mills", and now everyday in which I cannot exercise (like the last three days since I'm sick) I go crazy, I really miss it!

I'm really short 5"2 and weigh about 106 lbs... I' desperate to lose some weight and fat! I know I'm not overweight, but I would feel better weighing less, my goal is not too extreme, just 97 lbs (so 4 kg to go!, I normally count in kgs since I'm in Germany).. I have battled all my life against eating disorders... last year , this time of the year I was weighing about 90 lbs...without any sport...but due to starving myself...I was able to have 600 to 700 calories a day and nowadays I tend to have double of that!

Since I'm in the gym, I haven't lost any weight...actually I have put on some!!! It's awful!

I normally go to the gym 5 times a week (but now I'm aiming for 7) and participate in 50 minutes bodycombat, 50 minutes bodypump and some days 20 min cxworks.... I love it and even if that's the case of the weight gain....which really shouldn't be...i wouldn't like to give it up, but finding some other strategies to lose the weight and fat.... I haven't meassured my fat percentage, bought a caliper online but I haven't received it yet...but...I have a belly, that much I can tell without any caliper, LOL

I was calculating my macros and I have tried to follow them for the last days... 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat... I never meassured them before but I think they were about at least 80% carbs... and not the good kind! I'm a sucker for chocolate and (vegan!) cookies!

Does this macros thing work?

So...I'm motivated about dieting with macros (something new!) but I think I really have to rely on fake meats or protein bars since my calorie allowance is 1250.... that doesn't sound like "eating clean" to me.... but well ...as long as it works.... 1250 calories while working out seems not to be much but...calories scare me, it6's already an effort thinking that I'm allowed to have as many...and maybe my head is fucking me up, saying " Ally, you won't lose any with so many calories no matter from what"...

I'm really confused about what diet to follow... and a bit dispaired sice I am putting on weight since I'm going to the gym... I guess I have increased my calories uncounsciously...I just want to lose weight , lose fat, be healthy and feel good!

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Well, I just made a meal-plan:

Breakfast: banana + sun warrior + soy milk

At work: fake meat + sun warrior + soy milk

Pre work-out: 2 bananas

Dinner: Salad with leafy greens, green beans, tofu and hemp oil

Strawberries and 2 soy yogurts

Midnight snack: sun warrior + soy milk

Total calories about 1200

Total Protein: 98

Total Carbs 105

I'm just afraid of my sweet tooth and that I could "cheat" with chocolate... I always love chocolate in the evening...well, I love it no matter the time,

If so:

Calories about 1300

carbs about 108

I haven't calculated the fats yet...

Welcome to the group!

Vegan dark chocolate, high percentages of coco and low sugars, that's the way to go. I too have a serious sweet tooth.

Macros dieting can be very effective. Use the key word search on here to see what forum members have discussed about it.

-Dylan

Welcome to the group!

Vegan dark chocolate, high percentages of coco and low sugars, that's the way to go. I too have a serious sweet tooth.

Macros dieting can be very effective. Use the key word search on here to see what forum members have discussed about it.

-Dylan