Portia's training diary 2012

Today was legs

Squats 65/6 65/6 65/6 65/6

DB Lunges 25/6 25/6

Stiff legged Deadlifts 70/6 70/6 70/6

I can go up again on everything which is great!

Mass Machine Cardio distance 6.88 better than yesterday, I was sweating heart rate up to 170bpm at one point, I love my heart rate monitor

Bit gutted my computer is still broke showing no signs of life at all , may have to go library later to download the email skip sent with the total package on.

Got some pics to post from my birthday and a training vid for skip to critique have to get them posted ASAP.

Awesome workout today you showed great strength in the exercises performed today, i have a feeling we will get a great deal on a laptop very soon.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was chest & Triceps

Hammer strength chect press 45/6 45/6 45/6

Incline Db press 32.5/6 32.5/6 32.5/6

Dips 6

Triceps ext incline 25/6 25/6

Cable Pushdown 50/6

I

Mass Machine Cardio distance 7.00 better than yesterday I love my heart rate monitor

Was a great workout lifted really well must record some more vids for skip to look at take my training to a higher level , was a great session with mattpb.

I made sure I had certainty and confidence when I lifted and it showed today.

Today was back, traps and abs

It was a great workout I have been reading Skips journals included in the total package , they have been a great read and really makes you think you can push more, I attacked the weights with certainty and confidence and pushed hard today.

Ball Crunches 3x15

Ball leg Raises 3x15

Assisted pull ups 3x6 these felt better as I attacked them

Cable rows 85/6 85/6 much better after skips advice

Bent over rows 35/6 35/6 I seemed to power through these

Shrugs 60/6 60/6

No mass machine cardio did some incline walking to get a feel for the cardio program I had wrote for my sister

http://i48.tinypic.com/b7kkux.jpg

Usual pre-workout meal , oats, protein and banana.

(looks green as we have been using a pumpkin seed protein powder)

http://i47.tinypic.com/oan9ch.jpg

Typical days lunches tofu, sweet potato, and salad full of veggies!

Today was Abs & Shoulders

Cable Crunches 50/15 50/15

Weighted Leg raises 15/15 15/15

Seated DB Press 30/6 30/6 really happy I got 6 out on my own was tough to get them up at first

Hs Press 55/6 55/6

Side Laterals 17.5/6 17.5/6

Rear Delts 60/6 65/6

Mass Machine Cardio distance 7.04, I struggled to breath near the end maybe the last 5 minutes, like my lungs weren’t expanding to take in the air. Maybe I had my Heart Rate Monitor on too tight lol!!

Tomorrow is legs I plan on recording my squats and stiff legged deadlifts tomorrow for Skips expert coaching, want to take my training to the next level, I want more quality muscle mass!

I have now gone to 8 meals a day from tomorrow as I have noticed the past week or so I eat post workout (7.00-7.30am) then at 9.30am then 11.30am but before that 11.30am meal I have noticed that I seem to be getting the shakes almost ravenous , as soon as I eat I am fine but I don’t want to fight it(in the past I would and it would lead to me eating something unplanned and not the best thing) so will be adding an extra meal so all meals are around 250 cals which gives me around 2000 calories per day.

After watching Skips video on is the weight on the scales important? Decided to stop weighing myself every week, I prefer to go off clothes and how I feel. I don’t need the scale to throw a number at me and make me feel disappointed, I’d much rather see progress in my body by using the mirror!!

Today was Legs

Squats 70/6 70/6 70/6 70/6

I forgot my camera to record these I attacked them with certainty and confidence

DB Lunges 25/6 25/6

Stiff legged Deadlifts 75/6 75/6 75/6

It was a great leg workout with Mattpb I will take my camera next week for Skips expert coaching on these.

Mass Machine Cardio distance 7.05, had to use the upright life cycles tonight the recumbent were busy!!that never happens!!

Today was Chest andTriceps

Hammer strength press 50/6 50/5 50/6

Incline Db Press 35/4 35/5 35/5

Dips 6

Tri extension (Incline) 30/5 30/5

Cable Pushdown 52.5/4

No mass machine cardio did some incline walking, was an excellent workout recorded my triceps pushdown; I had gone up on my weight I got 4 and went for the fifth but no luck! Got to keep on pushing will post later on today, my legs are pretty sore from yesterday.

Watched part one of the goal setting video, really made me think I feel like I have been drifting for a few weeks after finishing my PT course, planning on going back and retaking it next month as I want knowledge knowledge knowledge!!

Also downloaded most of Skips total package started listening to the mindset and actions of a champion!

After watching the first goal setting video Matt had wrote down some questions skips was asking Ronnie, so I started to answer them at work I wrote down quite a bit and some immediate plans to achieve them .

Vote Mass Machine Nutrition for Bodybuilding.com's

2012 New Brand of the Year"!

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/small_newbrand.jpg

Click Here NOW to VOTE and get a 10% Discount.

http://www.skiplacour.com/mmnonbbcom_org.jpg

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition

right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

THERE ARE NO LIMITS ONLY THE ONES WE PUT ON OURSELVES

Shoulders & Abs

Cable Crunches 25/10 30/10 52.5 /12 52.5/12

Weighted Leg raises 15/12 15/12

Seated Db Press 32.5/4 27.5/6 27.5/6

I trained solo today and I could not get the 32.5’s over my head , a guy offered to spot me I got 4 was happy with that but then he disappeared so had to drop the weight!

Military Press 40/10 40/10 40/10

Again had to drop the weight as it’s a struggle on my own

Side laterals 17.5/6 17.5/6

Rear Delts 70/6 70/6

Mass Machine Cardio distance 7.08 best one in weeks!!

I struggled to get in the groove this morning I woke up not wanting to go, I made the mistake of not getting up at 4.30am on Saturday and Sunday it really messed me up felt more tired and extremely less productive, I struggled to maintain concentration for more than a few minutes while trying to study and I had the best argument with myself all weekend about having a treat, I fought it though never gave in, but weird how I was having this argument trying to justify having something unplanned. My routine is upside down now as Matt is working 2-10pm not 7-3pm like he was, so he’s coming home from work at midnight trying not to wake me and I am getting up at 4.30am for the gym/work and trying not to wake him lol!

Think I need to burn some boats , and create that demand for myself to get moving, sending an email about the PT apprenticeship program need to get on this once confirmation we can stay in Canada happens, also could I get a job more in line with Matt’s hours ? Enabling me to do the apprenticeship thing in the days??

Legs

Squats 75/6 75/6 75/6 75/6

DB Lunges 25/8 25/8

Stiff legged deadlifts 80/6 80/6 80/6

Mass machine cardio X trainer distance 3.42 fancied a change!!

My squats are getting better and my legs are hurting already 2 hours after the workout, probably my last workout with Mattpb for a while as he is now on Pm shifts , will take schedules week off after next weeks training.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wpjskj.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/142yfdg.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/slkvtv.jpg

Some homemade Vegan lettuce tacos that matt he also made mango avocado salsa which was delic, and an almond milk Matcha Latte

Chest & Triceps

Hammer Strength chest press 55/5 55/4 55/3

Incline DB Press 30/8 30/8 30/8

Dips 6 I had to do one at a time as Matt was not with me

Incline Tri extension 20/10 20/10

Cable pushdown 52.5/6

Mass machine cardio X trainer distance 3.31 bit down on yesterdays distance

I trained with much more focus today listened to Mindset of a champ while doing my weights, had to drop some weights as matt was not with me but made sure I overloaded the muscle intended. Read my work out on the train to the gym to make sure I knew what I wanted from the workout. Like the look of my body at the minute I feel muscly !!

Finding it a real struggle to concentrate at work to be honest just don’t want to be there, all I can think of ideas for my website and fitness career.

Abs,Back & Traps

Ball crunches 3x15

Ball Leg Raises 3x15

Pull Ups (smith machine)3x6

Cable Rows 95/6 95/6

Bent Over rows 40/6 40/6

Shrugs 70/6 70/6

Mass machine cardio X trainer distance 3.39

I had more emotion and intensity today at the gym, finished mindset of a champion Number 2, give that 10%more that’s what stuck in my head give a little bit more!! You always have it in you!!

Will start on Number 3 tomorrow I have been taking notes when I listen each time to give me something to look back on.

Calves, Biceps and forearms

Calf Press (Leg Press) 230/8 230/8 230/8

Calf raises seated 190/8 190/8

Barbell Curls 40/5 40/5

focused on these but need a bit more control

Curl Bar curls 35/6 35/6

Barbell wrist curls 50/8 50/8

DB wrist Curls 25/8 25/8

Mass machine cardio X trainer distance 3.49 best one of the week!!

Trained with more intensity and emotion today really spent the time before each set thinking what do I want out of it? Listened to Mindset of a champion eat like a champion.

Since the challenge ended I have not outlined my nutritional habits so took a minute to write it down:

Eat 8 meals a day 5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19

Eat the same thing every day

Planned meal every two weeks is different for evening meal still based on what I eat just different vegetables with a source of protein.

Planned meal out at the end of the month this is at a restaurant and afterwards vegan ice cream and a vegan muffin.

Weekends only I am allowed a cup of coffee with almond milk in, all through the week plain tea or coffee (i.e Black)

Drink minimum of 4 liters of water a day

Abs & Shoulders

Cable Crunches 55/15 x3

Weighted Leg Raises 15/15 x3

Seated DB Press 30/6 30/6

Military press 30/6 30/6

Side laterals 17.5/6 17.5/6

Rears Delts 17.5/6 17.5/6

Mass machine cardio X trainer distance 3.53

My computer was off most of the weekend did manage to use another to get some pages sorted on my website, need to get some things wrote down to add and some photos.

Managed to get to the library and get some zig ziglar audio and his autobiography and a Wayne dyer book, also requested one once it’s returned.

I studied quite a bit over the weekend need to organize tutoring to get a game plan for study reading and reading but you sometime need that directional push, will also be going back September 22 to retake the course 5 weekends after another well worth my time .

Today was legs

I was thinking on the way shall I use smith machine for squats as Mattpb wasn’t with me, but went with ssquat rack I did great

80/8 80/7 80/7 80/8

DB lunges 27.5 /8 27.5/8

Stiff legged deadlifts 85/6 85/6 85/6

Not sure if I had the step at the right height felt a bit awkward

Mass machine cardio distance 3.29, I trained with intensity, focus and emotion today. Next week is week off from training looking forward to Mass machine routine #4.

Emailed about getting some tutoring for my course so I can nail the exam first time, I write it down every day 5 times I passed my ACSM exam on October 1 2012!!

Also found some practice exam questions online I’m going to check out tonight.

Chest & triceps

Hammer strength bench press 55/5 55/4 55/4

DB press 30/8 30/8 30/8

Triceps extension 40/8 40/8

Cable pushdown 55/5

I did an incline walk then a ten minute run don’t ask me why but I did, and enjoyed it I can tell it’s time for a week off next week!!

Was pretty good workout but found me getting sidetracked a few times had to reel myself back in, and I changed my workout as stuff was busy but I still worked hard.

Found a forum with someone who took the ascm exam and has posted stuff that was on their exam not specifics just subjects which I can focus on read on my lunch but will do some more tonight .

Poor workout today I woke up with a headache and struggled to get motivated to get out of the door!! Headache has continued all day, will put today’s workout down to experience. I was p*ssed at my weights so I ran for 30 minutes to get the aggression out lol but my left bum cheek is hurting now! Back to mass machine cardio after this next week off.

Plans for next week are to go swimming a few days and get plenty of stretching done.

Managed to get some reading done on lunch, going to get Matt to help me with the equations maths is not my greatest subject, but I BUCK UP AND ACT AS THOUGH THEM EQUATIONS ARE THE ONES I LOVE TO LEARN can apply that line to anything!!

Today was much better than yesterday, focused more but felt like crap had out treat meal out last night and today paying for it, bad headache and generally just feeling like I want to go to sleep.

Got to wonder why I put myself through it giving up the sweet treats enjoy going for a meal but the treats afterwards are what kill me the next day.

Calves and biceps

Calf press L/press 240/8 240/8 240/8

Calf raises seated 160/8 160/8 160/8

Barbell curls 40/4 40/4

Curl Bar curls 35/5 35/5

Barbell wrist curls 30/10 30/10

DB wrist curls 25/8 25/8

Did my own form of cardio, off from the gym next week. Back to Mass Machine Cardio when I get back

This week is a scheduled week off from the gym, went swimming yesterday and today for a change really enjoyed it change of pace for me and had ten minutes in the steam room means I have about 45 minutes to sit at the gym and read my PT course notes or read a book before I go to work.

I emailed my family see who want to partake in a 12 week challenge starting 10 September, not necessarily bodybuilding just getting people moving in my family and create that deadline for them to push themselves, my littlest sister she’s 13 she emailed and wants to do it which I am really glad about. I want to set that example for the younger kids and get them excited about being active.

Today was first day back in the gym in a week, could not wait to get there today I was so pumped ! Really good back workout and cardio session and I had a great 15 minute stretch afterwards.

Deadlifts 50/8 50/8 50/8 go to 55 next week

Bent over rows 30/8 30/8 go to 35 next week

Cable rows (V) 90/8 90/8 go to 100 next week

Pull ups (assisted machine) 120/10 120/10 got to 115 next week

Shrugs 50/8 50/8 got to 60lbs next week

Mass Machine cardio – recumbent bike 6.93

Heart rate up to 170 bpm

I have started a 12 week challenge with my family and created a forum to get them to post pictures etc, so will be posting photos here every Sunday. I had a productive weekend got the form for Canada application pretty much completed printed the rest off today, added some photos to my website, went library to study, encouraged family to join the challenge.