hi from berlin

jean emmanuel

hi, i' m a 45 year old male actor from berlin, new to this forum.

i used to be a vegeterian for 22 years and went all the way vegan allmost five years ago, loving every bit of it. i am vegan because of both health and ethical reasons, including climate and environmental considerations...

never being a sports guy at all, i started practicing ashtanga yoga three years ago which lead me to developping a new body consciousness- i wanted more. so, slowly, i started working out a little at home, quickly finding out that i wanted even more- i was hooked. a year ago, i started working out seriousely at a gym, using the help of a trainer who creates my programmes which we change every six to eight weeks... recently, i' ve started to work out on a daily basis, for one and a half hours each day, including maximum strength training (pecs and back) on two of the five weekdays.

i must say that i'm quite satisfied with the results, i've gained approx. 14 kg in one year, starting to build serious muscle all over my body, really enjoying it, feeling very well at it.

however, my trainer not being vegan, he could not really tell me about nutrition, so i've been working on it myself, not allways being sure wether i do the right thing... i've started to eat considerably more than i used to, it seems to work, although i know i could do better.

i do hope to find some great inspirations in here, especially concerning nutrition, supplements (i do take some soy-proteins mixed in coconut water post- workout) etc...

thank you for reading this way-too-long post, really look forward to reading all your comments, posts, etc. and to be discussing and chatting with all you guys!

all the best and keep the faith!

jean.

Tag, Jean!

Congratulations on your new workout addiction! You are among friends.

You're already doing all the right things regarding nutrition: recognizing that an omnivorous trainer may not be the best source for information, seeking out and finding places like Vegan Bodybuilding where you can ask questions, experimenting with new ideas as you go along and seeing if they work for you. And you've acquired the most important tool of all, awareness of your body and the signals it's sending you. This is the quickest and most powerful way to health, as you know, simply because it allows you to know right away whether something is keeping you in balance or throwing you off. With that skill alone, you will do very well no matter which route you take.

Have fun reading through posts and gathering ideas, try out the things that resonate with you, discard the rest for now. Every person's body and mind is different so what feels right will be right for you.

Bis später!

Baby Herc

Hygiene! Yes I'm that cheesy. Hi Jean, welcome to the group. Yoga is an amazing thing I agree.

I visited Berlin last summer, I had quite an adventure there. 1,000 people math department dj parties, dance clubs in caves, the oldest print shop in Berlin, very interesting city to say the least.

-Dylan