I'll just say it............poop

SD Dave

Hi everyone. Not sure how to present this topic, but, yes, it's about poop. I won't get too detailed, but you might want to not go on if you gross out easily.

Since I went vegan about 5 months ago, my poop is really rarely solid anymore. I don't know if it's because I'm eating a lot of raw/green and fruit smoothies/rarely eat from a package anymore. I do eat cooked foods - brown rice, black beans, tofu, etc., but most of my fruits and veggies are raw. I drink about 1 - 1 1/2 gallons of water a day. I also add protein powder to my smoothies, which has never given me a problem before. And that's the thing - I feel great, and I'm not really too worried about it, I guess. It's not watery or anything. It just doesn't hold together in formed pieces. Anyone else go through this? Sorry if the topic is inappropriate! I just figured that we all do it................

When I do segments of raw veganism the same thing happens to me. It's just the increased water and fiber content flushing you out. You'll go through vitamins and minerals faster and may want to consider a supplement or two but it's your call. If you're not concerned and experience no symptoms that you want to change, just go with the flow! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

You could print this out and put it on the wall in your bathroom, but only if you live alone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale

Baby Herc

Thanks for the direction and advice so far, guys! And the good joke - go with the flow - I did laugh out loud at that!

Thanks for the article and the videos. That was actually really enlightening. Every time I read something that appears to be non-biased

on diet, I am impressed with how much better a vegan diet is than even a veggie diet, and how it blows away the standard US diet. YAY!

I had never considered the psyllium husks. I'll give that a try. And as for the water, fiber and vitamins, I never thought of that either.

Dave