New to veganism and building the body

DanTheMan

Hi, My name is Dan (in case that wasnt obvious) ^_^

I have been on and off from RAW foods and particularly breaking this with breads and cheese but truth be told gluten kills me and cheese just bungs my sinuses everytime. I train in the gym with weights but my main sport is karate. The reason i have come here is to get some tips or to learn how to build the body, but again i would like to stress that my main problem is i do feel fatigued. I used to train very hard last year but i was eating meats and what not and my fitness was spot on. Now that i have made the transistion i am in detox all the time and feel like crashing. So i would love to know how to keep the energy levels up and the calories to go that extra mile

My strength and muscle definition i am very happy with, like i say I just hit walls with my level of fitness now....again i am making a transition detoxing the body and would like to level out soon haha.

Thank you everyone glad to of landed here

May the force be with you

Hi Dan.. not sure how long ago you made the switch. I know when I first switched it took about 3 weeks to 'detox' until I no longer felt exhausted. That feeling went away eventually. I don't know why .. I suspect it just needed time, but I also made sure I was getting omega 3's, iodine and vitamin D as per some of the recommendations I read.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions.

Hi stcalico

Thank you fro the reply. Well to be honest i was only eating bread and cheese last week he he.I do still eat brown rice and porridge oats occasionally. The detox is lasting a while i guess because i keep breaking it. I do have kelp and flax seed supplements which help with omega oils and iodine.

I wonder if you stay fit and health are nuts and seeds essential for calories and proteins? And how do you make sure you are getting enough proteins? Which foods do you recommend for protein supplementation?

Thank you

I don't know too much about 'raw' diet and I am not a big subscriber to the 'protein myth' so I'll let someone else answer your questions on that. Personally I just make sure to include a couple good sources of protein each day (beans, lentils quinoa, nuts, milks or meat sub), but other than that I don't measure or anything. I have an occasional protein bar or shake when I feel like I'm screwing up on my protein intake ... lol.

I do know that Sunwarrior has a protein powder that some on the raw diet use and apparently it tastes quite good. Seeds and nuts are great sources of calories and protein - I'm pretty sure you'll need to keep them in the mix if you are doing raw.

Good luck.