New Member Before "start pictures"

Hey all, My name is cam and I have been vegan for 9 months now and am starting to get into strength and building exercises. I was really unhealthy and overweight up until I was about 16 years old, stopped eating so much and dropped a lot of weight but was still unhealthy. I became vegan because of ethical reasons and now have realized the full health benefits i can gain.I Feel better than ever right now and ready to kick it! lol

So some advice and criticism would help a lot!

Thanks everyone !

Keep up the good fight!

IMG_2378.jpg.335dd17c1ec58eedc2ac2c45fc2d6242.jpg

Taken on 10/08/12.

IMG_2379.jpg.244eb7b0dd3a7b6f8746de6f5d7f32bf.jpg

Taken 10/08/12

Hi Cam,

You can find lots of good advice and recommendations on the forum. If you have questions, just throw them out.

I always suggest doing your own research too before you believe what someone says. My preference is to go with research rather than any one person's claims or experience.

Looks like you have a solid frame to start with so bodybuilding should be good for you. I think you will see some great results.. just keep at it.

Welcome!

Thanks for the help.

I have not really started a training program, i joined the gym last week and have been only 4 times so far. I used various machines and exercises that targeted similar muscle groups and then the next time changed muscle groups. Like monday arms and chest, wednesday core and legs, Friday back and chest.

But starting soon i am going to set out a plan to follow.

How often (if ever) do you have an 'off day' where you go to the gym but cant get motivated or the exercises just don't feel right?

Also i will post next progress pics in a month or two.

Cheeeeers

I find I never really have an 'off day' at first I did due to impatience with results. But since seeing the progress I've made I'm excited to gym everyday and even on a plateau I'm still happy. My usual splits are, and back and bis, chest and tris, shoulders, legs. What are you hoping to achieve? Big strength or aesthetically pleasing looks?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When I worked out in a regular gym I had occasional 'off' days. On those days I was too tired and unmotivated to be effective at major lifts so I would just stick to the more 'useless' exercises like dumbell curls and tricep extensions.. they don't accomplish too much but at least I could do them.

I do crossfit now and have not had an off day since I started there. I hate missing a day. Different things work for different people so if you are feeling unmotivated.. don't give up... just try something different.

btw I like your quote.

Thanks guys, yeah ill try my plan and your plan and follow the best for a few months then change it up.

Im not sure, i guess fit and healthy and strong, so somewhere between aesthetics and power lol.

thanks stcalico its from a bright eyes song.

So a fortnight after joining the gym and I am pleased so far, can feel my muscles are much firmer and growing.

But as used to be bigger I have some excess skin and fat, and i also have a large scar across my abdomen, so i think my core and stomach will be the real challenge to make look decent.

I have quit drinking alcohol but now have weened onto soda which is certainly not very good either lol

Will post progress soon.

thanks