Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm 
Elephant

Just a quick update... gained 10 lbs (not worried)and only 1% was from body fat but he thinks it has to do with meals eaten, thinks same about weight too. Gained an inch in my arms, inch in my thighs, half inch in my chest, an inch in my shoulders and quarter inch in my forearms. All in all I think I have rocked the past month!!! Going back to a super clean high protein diet, not happy about it but oh well bite the bullet and get to work cutting some fat off.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am 
Elephant

Monday Sept 3

Cardio: 35 min lvl 5 weigh loss program elliptical, 10 min treadmill 10% incline at 3.0

Chest and shoulders
Pushups: 3 sets 20 reps
Crunches: 3 sets 20 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 25 lbs 20 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps
Decline pushups: 4 sets 15 reps
Incline dumbbell fly: 20 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 12 reps
Arnold press: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 30 lbs 9 reps
Front to side raises: 3 sets 8 lbs 10 reps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 pm 
Elephant

how can you tell exact what you gained? the composition i mean...?

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:06 pm 
Elephant

My trainer does my measurements for me. As for body fat he has a device you hold but he says he doesn't put much merit into it. I am starting to notice changes in how my clothes are fitting especially my jeans

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:40 am 
Elephant

Started 2 a day low intensity cardio sessions... me no likey cardio. However today I can't do 2 cause I have plans and won't have time to do that and make it to my date on time lol. Might do another session of cardio after yoga or just settle for 1 today not really sure what I am going to do till I do it lol. Today I am going to call and reserve a spot at the local health food store for a kombucha making class!! I love the stuff so much I think it would be cheaper to make it myself than buying a bottle for $4.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am 
Elephant

So last night I went to the last movie night at the coffeehouse I buy my coffee from...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!! Enjoyed myself a lot. Managed to drink 2 gallons of water yesterday and pushed hard during legs training.

Cardio: 45 min interval program elliptical

Legs
TKE: 4 sets 20 reps each leg
Step ups: 15 reps each leg. 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps each leg
Weighted box squats:85 lbs 15 reps, 105 lbs 15 reps, 135 lbs 12 reps, 155 lbs 10 reps, 185 lbs 10 reps (PB!!! training buddy hates that I make squatting look so easy)
Weighted walking lunge: 4 sets 35 lb DBs 10 reps each leg
3 way calf raise: 30 reps, 3 sets 45 reps

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 am 
Elephant

I am not a cardio queen I dread it with a passion to be honest but I am hitting double cardio sessions and back on a clean diet. My stomach isn't a happy camper and even with all the water it is still very hungry but my options at work are cake, chips, cookies or pop tarts.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:01 pm 
Elephant

For some odd reason I felt the urge to take a pic of my quads while laying in bed... they are filling out

Attachments:
quads.jpg
quads.jpg [ 41.38 KiB | Viewed 1268 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:11 pm 
Elephant

looking awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 am 
Elephant

My mornings are now starting at 4:30 4 days a week.... Gotta love my idea of 2 a day training lol!!! Changed my diet around and everything but still has to be approved by trainer tonight for round 2.

Cardio: 15 min lvl 7 random program stationary bike

Quads
Leg extension: 60 lbs 20 reps, 75 lbs 15 reps, 75 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps
Hack squat: 50 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps, 120 lbs 10 reps
Dumbbell squat (Heels up): 5 sets 30 lbs 15 reps
Leg press: 90 lbs 20 reps, 180 lbs 15 reps, 270 lbs 12 reps, 360 lbs 10 reps, 410 lbs 10 reps

BTW it sucks that the cardio equipment is upstairs and weights downstairs and I refuse to use an elevator... my legs felt like jello going down the stairs after cardio.

Evening cardio: 30 min alpine program treadmill

Chest
Dumbbell bench press: 30 lbs 20 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps, 35 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 40 lbs 10 reps
Dumbbell incline press: 25 lbs 20 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps, 35 lbs 12 reps, 40 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps
Band chest fly: 4 sets 20 reps
Pushups: 4 sets 20 reps
Plank with hike: 3 sets 30 reps
Heel touch: 3 sets 40 reps
Ball crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Last edited by Synny667 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 am 
Elephant

Yeah, and having a manual transmission in a car is the pits after leg day too. I had such a hard time getting the clutch in to change gears (luckily I learned how to go the right rpms and it would just pop into gear - but still the parking lot was so painful to maneuver around).

Gotta love that noodle feeling. I have Legs today. I am wanting to go and do cardio this morning outside as it is cool and sunny out and perfect for a bike ride. But I haven't gone heavy on legs for awhile now, so I am saving it up for this afternoon.

Love the quad shot! Awesome! and 410 on the Leg Press! and that was your last exercise (usually by then my Legs are so fatigued from the Hack Squat!), so congrats! 5 45's on each side is next! Maybe you could start off with the Leg Press with fresh Legs and see if possible!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 am 
Elephant

Aww Gaia I have missed your kind encouraging words!! I am lucky my trainer is allowing 2 a days cause he really wants me cutting.... I never really learned how to drive a manual lol been a automatic girl. Love the noodle feeling in my legs as long as it brings results which it seems to be. I don't get to do all the cardio I want cause everyone is afraid of me overtraining. Trust me when I overtrain I hit a brick wall and it doesn't feel good. Right now I feel amped full of energy on the inside but my brain is keeping me at a slower pace than my body wants to go. Me thinks me have a smart brain lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:03 am 
Elephant

I forgot to mention that over the weekend I was at farmer's market telling one of the lady's my goal and how far I had come when a gentleman overheard my conversation about packing on muscle. He was like well you should do a raw vegan diet with juicing, this made me giddy inside, and then preceded to tell me I should check into the vegan bodybuilding site. I told him I was vegan and that I was on this site already. I can't go raw cause it is getting cool here and it is almost hot soup and cider season for me and I can't juice because I can't afford a juicer at the moment :(.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:26 am 
Elephant

Ok 4:30 really isn't a fun time to get up and head to the gym..... But at least I can take a nap before work and feel a lil rested anyway. So far I am liking the 2 a days and I just might have to keep it going. Just cycle 4 weeks on 1 week off and on my 1 week off go low weight higher rep or just take the week off completely

AM cardio: upright stationary bike lvl 7 random program 20 min

Calves
Standing calf raise: 5 sets 90 lbs 20 reps
Seated calf raise: 5 sets 70 lbs 20 reps
45 degree donkey calf raise: 5 sets 60 lbs 20 reps
Hanging leg raises: 5 sets 20 reps (did for good measure)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am 
Elephant

Cravings are hitting me super hard today. I see cookies, chips, cake, peanut butter cups, ice cream all around me when I open the fridge, freezer and pantry to get stuff out to make lunch or my client's snacks..... Even as I sit at the table I am being teased and tormented with M&Ms!!!!! I would make popcorn but only way I know how to make it is with oil cause there is no air popper here and I hate the idea of trying to pop it in the microwave. Ready to faceplant hard but doing my best not to binge or give into temptation :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 99  Next