10 Foods to Make Your Belly Flat

Crash

black holes make your belly flat. They are rare, but if you can find one and you digest it, it will suck your guts right in

How do you stop it sucking the rest of you in though so you don't disappear in the Black Hole.

You send the black hole out through a wormhole after it has sucked enough fat away

black holes make your belly flat. They are rare, but if you can find one and you digest it, it will suck your guts right in

How do you stop it sucking the rest of you in though so you don't disappear in the Black Hole.

You send the black hole out through a wormhole after it has sucked enough fat away

Does the human come out of the experience OK though, other than losing all their belly fat? It seems a lot of trouble and very risky just to lose some weight......

OK, I know all of you have been waiting with baited breath for this ...I have finally found the article I read about the 10 foods previously listed. The reasons that these 10 foods were listed in First magazine's Feb. 20, 2006th edition are....(Alex please tell me if this is ).....

1. Grapes - Snacking on them boosts insulin sensitivity, reducing blood sugar swings by 42% and reducing cravings, according to USDA research. The credit goes to dozens of phytochemicals, including phenolics, cyanidin and kaempferol. These compounds activate the brain's satiety center, so less food is needed to feel full.

2. Spinach - Each 1 cup serving contains 6x more lutein than romaine lettuce, 5x more glutathione than watermelon, plus almost 250 mg of calcium. And studies at the University of TN in Knoxville suggest that these nutrients can speed the loss of belly fat by 81%. For the biggest nutrient boost, eat spinach raw or lightly steamed (instead ofboiled).

3. Strawberries - The soluble fiber and natural sugars in these treats chase away cravings for less healthy snacks. And the pelargonidin, ellagic acid and other phytochemicals keep metabolic rate high, speeding calorie burn by 12%. Get organic or wash commercially grown berries thoroughly before eating (this removes the herbicides and pesticides that trigger fatigue and stubborn weight gain).

4. Tomatoes - They're nature's #1 source of lycopene, an antioxidant that stalls the absorption of dietary fat. And each juicy tomato contains just 33 calories.

5. Whole Grains - In a surprising Harvard study, people who ate 3 servings of whole grains daily were 30% less likely to battle excess belly fat than those who indulged in carbs made with white flour. "Fiber and nutrient rich whole grains are more filling and keep insulin production stable, plus they prevent cravings."

6. Olive Oil - Eating as little as 2 Tbs olive oil cuts daily craving and overeating by 22%. Olive oil contains healthy fats and polyphenols. This combo improves the body's ability to use glucose, keeping blood sugar steady and fat burning at its peak.

7. Blueberries - Eating blueberries can fend off snack attacks for 4 hrs, plus help women lose 5% of the body weight in 6 months, researchers at Brooke Army Medical Center in Fort Sam Houston, TX report. The credit goes to blood sugar stabilizing antioxidants. USDA studies reveal that blueberries are packed with them -- just 1/2 cup boosts blood levels by 100%.

8. Almonds - Women who munch on almonds when hunger strikes have a 22% lower risk of diabetes, plus they effortlessly lose up to 11 lbs every year, according to research at Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital. The benefit comes from almonds' plant fats, fiber, magnesium and vitamin E. These nutrients work to keep muscle and brain cells insulin-sensitive so blood sugar stays on an en even keel and appetite stays under control.

9. Bell Peppers - A heaping cup of purople, orange, red and/or yellow peppers contains just 40 calories, yet USDA research shows these crunchy snacks are one of nature's top sources of carotenoids, lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin and zeaxanthin. These phytonutrients work together to keep metabolic rate high. Plus a serving of peppers can suppress cravings in just 20 minutes.

10. Broccoli - Women with the highest intake of broccoli not only have a significantly lower risk of cancer and heart disease, but they're also able to shed up to 1 lb weekly without counting calories, say researchers at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. The credit goes to dozens of different health protecting compounds, but the most impressive of the lot is sulforaphane, a phytonutrient that revs the function of metabolically active enzymes inside body cells.

So there you have it.

Edited by Crash

Does the human come out of the experience OK though, other than losing all their belly fat? It seems a lot of trouble and very risky just to lose some weight......

Well yeah, I mean if you want to be pedantic about it, technically the person would be 'dead'. No pain no gain though!

Well yeah, I mean if you want to be pedantic about it, technically the person would be 'dead'. No pain no gain though!

Extreme measures indeed........

Anyhow, the 10 foods listed won't hurt or kill you like Richard's and Will's creative suggestions .

Use them instead of and/or incorporate them into your every day eating habits. For example: instead of lettuce, use raw spinach in your salads, etc......

• 4 weeks later...

i'm going to make a top 5 list-

1.broccoli(flushes out excess estrogens)

2.pineapple(enzymes that can help break down food, help bloating, and with inflamation even in the intestines)

3.apples(fiber and enzymes )

4.cantaloupe(naturally contains b-6 which speeds up your metabolisim and gets rid of excess water)

5.lemons (for their cleansing properties)

6- ok ok i know i said 5 but i don't know if this counts as a food- water, as it is the best cleanser for your whole body

• 3 weeks later...

How far has anyone tried out the following that was posted?

1. Grapes - Snacking on them boosts insulin sensitivity, reducing blood sugar swings by 42% and reducing cravings, according to USDA research. The credit goes to dozens of phytochemicals, including phenolics, cyanidin and kaempferol. These compounds activate the brain's satiety center, so less food is needed to feel full.

2. Spinach - Each 1 cup serving contains 6x more lutein than romaine lettuce, 5x more glutathione than watermelon, plus almost 250 mg of calcium. And studies at the University of TN in Knoxville suggest that these nutrients can speed the loss of belly fat by 81%. For the biggest nutrient boost, eat spinach raw or lightly steamed (instead ofboiled).

3. Strawberries - The soluble fiber and natural sugars in these treats chase away cravings for less healthy snacks. And the pelargonidin, ellagic acid and other phytochemicals keep metabolic rate high, speeding calorie burn by 12%. Get organic or wash commercially grown berries thoroughly before eating (this removes the herbicides and pesticides that trigger fatigue and stubborn weight gain).

4. Tomatoes - They're nature's #1 source of lycopene, an antioxidant that stalls the absorption of dietary fat. And each juicy tomato contains just 33 calories.

5. Whole Grains - In a surprising Harvard study, people who ate 3 servings of whole grains daily were 30% less likely to battle excess belly fat than those who indulged in carbs made with white flour. "Fiber and nutrient rich whole grains are more filling and keep insulin production stable, plus they prevent cravings."

6. Olive Oil - Eating as little as 2 Tbs olive oil cuts daily craving and overeating by 22%. Olive oil contains healthy fats and polyphenols. This combo improves the body's ability to use glucose, keeping blood sugar steady and fat burning at its peak.

7. Blueberries - Eating blueberries can fend off snack attacks for 4 hrs, plus help women lose 5% of the body weight in 6 months, researchers at Brooke Army Medical Center in Fort Sam Houston, TX report. The credit goes to blood sugar stabilizing antioxidants. USDA studies reveal that blueberries are packed with them -- just 1/2 cup boosts blood levels by 100%.

8. Almonds - Women who munch on almonds when hunger strikes have a 22% lower risk of diabetes, plus they effortlessly lose up to 11 lbs every year, according to research at Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital. The benefit comes from almonds' plant fats, fiber, magnesium and vitamin E. These nutrients work to keep muscle and brain cells insulin-sensitive so blood sugar stays on an en even keel and appetite stays under control.

9. Bell Peppers - A heaping cup of purople, orange, red and/or yellow peppers contains just 40 calories, yet USDA research shows these crunchy snacks are one of nature's top sources of carotenoids, lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin and zeaxanthin. These phytonutrients work together to keep metabolic rate high. Plus a serving of peppers can suppress cravings in just 20 minutes.

10. Broccoli - Women with the highest intake of broccoli not only have a significantly lower risk of cancer and heart disease, but they're also able to shed up to 1 lb weekly without counting calories, say researchers at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. The credit goes to dozens of different health protecting compounds, but the most impressive of the lot is sulforaphane, a phytonutrient that revs the function of metabolically active enzymes inside body cells.

I'll tell you why these seem to be good. Because I had these things as a part of my natural diet for 20+ years thanks to my mum.

My mom used to always give us grapes (when in fresh season) after dinner/lunch or for late afternoon breakfast when we got home after school.

Always one of the curries during a week when in season. Pureed spinach curry, leafy spinach with lentil curry, leafy spinach with potatoes or tomatoes. I am amazed how she would cook this stuff and here I see +ve benefits

My mom used to always give us strawberries (when in fresh season) after dinner/lunch or for late afternoon breakfast when we got home after school & also fresh strawberry milkshakes.

BASE PART OF EVERY DAMN CURRY (Indian Food).

Fresh made Whole grain tortillas.. most of america lives on white bread.. i cant understand why more restaurants and others dont move towards whole grain bread products

THe only thing I dont remember her using, Mostly used heavily in europe for cooking

Mom used to soak them overnight and give me those in the morning with milk for breakfast. Great anti ox and super vitamin E

DAMN ONCE AGAIN. BINGO.