Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Manatee

Had my ultrasound on wednesday..the technician didn't see anything obviously wrong, the only things popping up were 2 lymph nodes, but they were normal. I go see the doctor this wednesday, and re-visit the physiotherapist right after.
Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Well that's great news !!

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm 
Manatee

Just as the tech said, no abnormalities on my ultrasound...I think I'd prefer that it was muscular and I could now know what's wrong. Next step is an arthrogram to determine if the problem is with the actual hip joint...it'll also determine if I need surgery. The wait for this test is pretty lengthy, so until then I'm to continue with physio and hope that it helps and that I won't need any testing..
I did show moderate improvement with the movement tests today, so there's a glimmer of hope, but the new physio exercises hurt me quite a bit...a lot more than I thought they would considering how well I've been doing. *sigh*
My diet has been derailed for the last few weeks, too, but fortunately I've discovered that excessive amounts of fruit (oddly enough, mostly grapes..) keep me from craving most bad things. I'm doing significantly better with eating since realizing that.

As far as my shoulder goes, it doesn't feel great at the moment, but it's so, so much better than what it was, so I think I'm going to start exercising it tomorrow..That will at least get me in the gym for at least a few minutes, and being there will encourage me to do my physio exercises, and likely just make me happier in general lol
So tentative plan for the next 3 weeks (until next physio appt):
Excessive intake of fruits, shoulder rehab, physio 'homework', and maybe some hot tob/sauna time to encourage fat loss a little bit..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 pm 
Manatee

I'm improving at a fairly good rate, now...I think lol Considering the pain I was in from both joints.
Going into the gym daily to do my physio exercises has made me feel better mentally...takes away my withdrawl I guess haha
My range of motion in both joints is improving quite a bit which is really encouraging. I don't even limp after doing the exercises for my leg anymore.
Today I was quite pleased with my should exercises because I was able to increase from a 2.5lb weight to a 5lb! haha It's so sad, but I'm happy with any step forward, no matter how small!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm 

Really good to hear things are moving along and your ROM is improving.

Hope you are having a great week, all the best from kiwiland MF.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 pm 
Manatee

I'm back to lifting heavier animals and items at work and I seem to be doing ok...30kg dog yesterday (deadweight during sedation) and a 25kg dog today, and I carried both of them between rooms and was even able to lower them to the floor without much problem. Still though, I feel the pain in my leg when I start really pushing it...I'm starting to get concerned that the possibility of surgery isn't so ridiculous...
On the plus side, my shoulder feels tender after lifting consistently for about a half hour, but it gets back to normal shortly after. I'm still doing my prescribed physio for my leg nearly daily, and my own shoulder movements...seems to be going well. Some of the gym staff enjoy taunting my use of a 5lb weight because they know how I usually lift...jerks lol

Diet could be better, but could be a lot worse. I'm maintaining at 125lb for the time being...my ideal maintenance weight is 120lb, I figure competition weight (should I ever get to compete) would be 115lb. I expect once I get back to workouts I'll drop down no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 pm 
Manatee

Used 7.5lb weights for lateral raises today! haha Man, do I ever hate this...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 pm 
Manatee

Seeing the physiotherapist tomorrow morning...kinda excited in a nervous way!

Also, it's one of my bosses' birthdays this week and we have a staff meeting, so [with the help of a friend] I baked a reece's peices peanut butter chocolate cake...

Attachments:
Photo0539 (480x640).jpg
Photo0539 (480x640).jpg [ 176.63 KiB | Viewed 1793 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm 
Manatee

Nothing quite like a physio session to leave you painful and limping for the rest of the day...

The therapist seems quite happy with what I'm able to do, and given such he's adding more on to my 'homework'. Despite not walking quite right when I left, I did feel much more optimistic compared to the last session I had. I'm not looking forward to doing these exercises, but at least I'm still moving forward!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 pm 

WHOA

CAKE

WHOA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:14 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
WHOA

CAKE

WHOA

For the record, it tastes as good as it looks lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 pm 

Cown wrote:
For the record, it tastes as good as it looks lol

I don't doubt that for one minute !!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm 
Manatee

Still sore from monday's session...quite hesitant to try these new exercises again :?
If I don't convince myself today, I know I'll get to them tomorrow because going to the gym on lunch forces me to...but maybe some heat treatment will encourage better movement today, making for a better tomorrow. (What choice is there, but optimisim? lol)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 am 
Manatee

I probably didn't do my exercises as much as I should have this week, but pacing myself felt like the right thing to do this time. I did all of them last night, including some for my shoulder with the resistance band, and it felt pretty good.
One exercise in particular I was initially having to assist my leg with the work..lying on my back with legs bent, I would slide my foot out until my leg was flat on the ground, bring it back to starting position, then pick my foot up and bring my knee towards my body. The therapist had me use a towel behind my knee so that my arms could reduce the stress on my leg, but last night I was able to semi-comfortably do it without the towel. I was pretty happy with that.
I was a little sore when I finished everything, but nothing compared to how I was on monday after seeing the therapist.

I think I may start doing some standard shoulder/arm work this week and see how it goes...I rarely feel pain in my shoulder anymore. It still cracks a bit during use, but I'm hoping that strengthening it back up will help with that. Definitely not going to go crazy though.
This past week, however, I was able to use a 10lb weight for lateral raises! :D Sad part was, I was a little sore the next day haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 pm 
Manatee

While most mondays do kinda suck, this one is especially awesome! :D
I went to the gym to do physio and decided to test my shoulder a bit. I did not one, but THREE sets of lateral raises (with a 10lb weight, but still), a set of 20 bicep curls on each side (again with 10lb), AND three sets of pushups (one set of 10, 2 of 15). I can't even explain how excited and happy I was. Happier than I've been in months. It's crazy, but I'd already forgotten how good it feels to do some type of exercise.

Today rocks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next