Synny's training journal

Yeah, and having a manual transmission in a car is the pits after leg day too. I had such a hard time getting the clutch in to change gears (luckily I learned how to go the right rpms and it would just pop into gear - but still the parking lot was so painful to maneuver around).

Gotta love that noodle feeling. I have Legs today. I am wanting to go and do cardio this morning outside as it is cool and sunny out and perfect for a bike ride. But I haven't gone heavy on legs for awhile now, so I am saving it up for this afternoon.

Love the quad shot! Awesome! and 410 on the Leg Press! and that was your last exercise (usually by then my Legs are so fatigued from the Hack Squat!), so congrats! 5 45's on each side is next! Maybe you could start off with the Leg Press with fresh Legs and see if possible!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww Gaia I have missed your kind encouraging words!! I am lucky my trainer is allowing 2 a days cause he really wants me cutting.... I never really learned how to drive a manual lol been a automatic girl. Love the noodle feeling in my legs as long as it brings results which it seems to be. I don't get to do all the cardio I want cause everyone is afraid of me overtraining. Trust me when I overtrain I hit a brick wall and it doesn't feel good. Right now I feel amped full of energy on the inside but my brain is keeping me at a slower pace than my body wants to go. Me thinks me have a smart brain lol

I forgot to mention that over the weekend I was at farmer's market telling one of the lady's my goal and how far I had come when a gentleman overheard my conversation about packing on muscle. He was like well you should do a raw vegan diet with juicing, this made me giddy inside, and then preceded to tell me I should check into the vegan bodybuilding site. I told him I was vegan and that I was on this site already. I can't go raw cause it is getting cool here and it is almost hot soup and cider season for me and I can't juice because I can't afford a juicer at the moment .

Ok 4:30 really isn't a fun time to get up and head to the gym..... But at least I can take a nap before work and feel a lil rested anyway. So far I am liking the 2 a days and I just might have to keep it going. Just cycle 4 weeks on 1 week off and on my 1 week off go low weight higher rep or just take the week off completely

AM cardio: upright stationary bike lvl 7 random program 20 min

Calves

Standing calf raise: 5 sets 90 lbs 20 reps

Seated calf raise: 5 sets 70 lbs 20 reps

45 degree donkey calf raise: 5 sets 60 lbs 20 reps

Hanging leg raises: 5 sets 20 reps (did for good measure)

Cravings are hitting me super hard today. I see cookies, chips, cake, peanut butter cups, ice cream all around me when I open the fridge, freezer and pantry to get stuff out to make lunch or my client's snacks..... Even as I sit at the table I am being teased and tormented with M&Ms!!!!! I would make popcorn but only way I know how to make it is with oil cause there is no air popper here and I hate the idea of trying to pop it in the microwave. Ready to faceplant hard but doing my best not to binge or give into temptation :/

That has been my downfall lately. My family has been going on a pizza binge for the past two nights, and making bread on the weekends. Argh! So hard when the tastebuds are screaming at you to eat it, and your tummy keeps grumbling and cheering the mouth on to bite into just one little bite. . . But since I haven't lost any weight, my brain answers with an authoritative NO!

It is when you have lost 2 or 4 lbs, and the brain wavers just a little = let the faceplanting begin! complete with the EB buttery spread coming out of the frig! So weak willled this past weekend. But I am strong today. At this moment at least. . . LOL. Hang in there! See it as trash for your body, which it is. Need some nice almonds in your pocket sandwich baggy to nibble on instead. . .

Ok last night I had to push myself through my workout cause well my workout buddy was running late.... Was so hungry I cut cardio short

PM cardio: treadmill manual program 3.0 incline 7.5% 20 min

Biceps and abs

Ez bar curl: 30 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 10 reps

DB Hammer curl: 17.5 15 reps, 22.5 12 reps, 3 sets 27.5 lbs 10 reps (yes I love the inbetween weights)

Bisolator: 60 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 10 reps

Incline crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Bosu crossover crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

Ok didn't have a nap cause I went to yoga and needless to say after yoga my stomach was making some loud noises... I had some red lentil "soup" (wasn't soup but was soupy) and ended up having 2 waffles on top of that. My stomach stopped making noises and didn't feel the need to dive into the chocolate, candy, chips, cookies, poptarts or anything else to tide me over till lunch. As much as I love my 2 a days I am looking forward to tomorrow's total rest day!!!! No getting up early, no going to the gym, just me my meals and resting Halfway through last exercise all the other ones snuck up on me and wow did my shoulders come alive!! Been rubbing them ever since and I will be hiring my sister to massage them tomorrow on my rest day. Will buy her lunch on payday as payment. Kinda thinking I might go track down a baseball outside in the toy chest and rub it along my shoulder blades! Yeah I am feeling pretty tight back there....I feel like a total mess today with cramps, tight muscles and unending hunger :/

AM cardio: upright bike lvl 7 random program 20 min and 55 min yoga

Shoulders

Dumbbell shoulder press: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps

Side delt raise: 10 lbs 15 reps, 12.5 lbs 12 reps, 15 lbs 10 reps, 17.5 lbs 8 reps (started losing form on rep 9 so I left it at

Rear delt fly machine: 60 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 80 lbs 10 reps

Arnold Press: 4 sets 20 lbs 15 reps

Swiss ball crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

So today trainer decided to surprise me with taking pics and posted 1 on Facebook.... Hunger pains were bad so I upped my calories. Tomorrow is rest day yay!!!!!

Legs

TKE: 3 sets 20 reps

Body weight squat: 3 sets 20 reps

Reverse lunge: 22 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 15 reps

Deadlift: 135 lbs 8 reps, 185 lbs 6 reps, 205 lbs 4 reps (was what I was lifting in the pic)

Dumbbell walking lunge: 25 lbs 10 reps each leg, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps each leg

Deep squats: 22 lbs 15 reps, 45 lbs 15 reps, 65 lbs 15 reps

DL.thumb.jpg.84b3d282eb8781b3057a28e5d65e0b8a.jpg

Is it bad that my rest day is turning into a refeed day????? I laid down to warm up with my pups and snoozed well woke up from nap and felt like I had never had breakfast!! So turning my rest day into a refeed and will take it easy so I don't burn to many calories so that my body can use said calories to repair cause ouch it needs it

Ok finally some time to input Friday's workout!! Which btw I am still feeling

AM cardio elliptical lvl 5 random program 20 min, elliptical program 30 min manual, 55 min yoga

Triceps

Tricep pressdown: 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps, 110 lbs 10 reps

Overhead dumbbell press: 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps

Kickbacks: 12.5 lbs 10 reps, 15 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 10 reps

Bench dips: 4 sets 20 reps

Incline crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Bosu crossover: 3 sets 20 reps

Friday evening went to see the new Resident Evil movie and snuck in my own popcorn, water and poptarts (yes unfrosted poptarts cause they so yummy!!!!) No cardio after my workout cause of the movie

Back

Band row:3 sets 20

Back extensions: 3 sets 20

Close grip bent over rows: 55 lbs 15 reps, 85 lbs 12 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps

Pull ups: 12 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps, 12 reps

Band lat pulls: 4 sets 15

Dumbbell shrugs: 45 lbs 15 reps, 55 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 70 lbs 10 reps

Underhand rear delt band pulls: 4 sets 20 reps

So yesterday I got to train my workout buddy so I gave his calves a good thrashing. By the time we hit the second exercise his calves looked so much bigger and he was like why can't they always look like this. Well give me time my friend I will get them bigger!!!!!

Cardio: 30 min elliptical manual

Calves and abs

Seated calf raise: 70 lbs 20 reps, 80 lbs 20 reps, 90 lbs 20 reps, 100 lbs 20 reps

Standing calf raise: 105 lbs 20 reps, 105 lbs 20 reps, 110 lbs 20 reps, 120 lbs 20 reps

Standing 1 leg calf raise: 4 sets 20 reps each leg (like to focus and go slow with these. Turning my toes in and out on these)

Swiss ball crunch: 9 lbs 30 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 30 reps

Reverse crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Rotary torso twist: 70 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 75 20 reps

Today is total cardio day for me. Will be spotting my buddy today then we will go do low intensity cardio. Going to try to relax on my only day off this week. Probably won't eat much cause well when I am home I forget to eat lol. Surprisingly my dogs let me sleep in till almost 7!!! Liked that a lot. I think my body was exhausted cause I was in bed by 10p I do believe

Ok so last night my knee felt a lil tweeked so I put a tiger balm patch on cause well this morning was quads and knew that I wasn't going to go entirely easy on myself. I do plan on icing my knee today and resting as much as possible cause Wednesday is glutes and hams... Knee still feels a tweeked but once I started lifting it actually helped it a bit. I didn't push my knee past its ROM so that helped. Trainer at the gym (not my trainer) was being a nosey lil idiot about my water jug....

Cardio: 20 min lvl 6 weight loss program elliptical

Quads

Leg extension: 2 sets 75 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 105 lbs 10 reps

Squat: 95 15 lbs, 2 sets 115 lbs 15 reps, 135 lbs 10 reps, 155 lbs 10 reps, 185 lbs 10 reps

Leg press: 180 lbs 15 reps, 270 lbs 15 reps, 360 lbs 15 reps, 410 lbs 10 reps, 430 lbs 10 reps, 450 lbs 10 reps (that one was for you Gaia!!!!)

On the leg press I didn't go all the way down cause my feet were at the bottom of the plate and my knee wasn't allowing full ROM not to mention the heavier it got I kept it between the locks just in case my knee decided it wasn't having anymore of it. I did do a set with my feet in the middle of the plate at 450 lbs and got a little bit better ROM so will be excited to see what my feet at the top of the plate brings!!!

Ok well this morning's workout has officially hit me. My legs feel like powerful tree trunks and are a bit achy. I am so ready for bed!!

PM cardio: 20 min manual program resistance 30 elliptical

Chest

DB Bench press: 35 lbs 15 reps, 45 lbs 12 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps

DB Incline press:30 lbs 15 reps, 35 lbs 12 reps, 40 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps (last rep was super hard. Trainer and workout buddy pushing me through it)

DB fly: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps

Push ups: 20 reps, 3 sets 15 reps

Leg lifts: 3 sets 20 reps

Plank with hikes: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Starting to think about postponing the idea of competing... I dunno maybe it is my doubts getting to me. I am having a blast with the 2 a day sessions and feeling super powerful and don't want it to end. I hate the idea of cutting calories and being cranky when I am enjoying what I am doing now. Will see how I feel at the beginning of the year and will reevaluate my plans and goals then.

Ok so I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Was all nice and warm under the covers only to be cold when I climbed out of bed. Hello fall I wasn't ready for you. Anyway luckily no one bothered me today while I was training or I probably would of gone off. I woke up hungry and well I don't eat breakfast until after my morning workout. I got tired of the pukey feeling I was getting. Beginning to wish I had a better job so that I can afford a wider variety of foods to eat. Getting kinda tired of the same thing day in and day out. Heaven knows a food budget of $40 a week doesn't go very far and with the drought we had my garden didn't thrive well at all to help cut back on a few costs..... I dread the idea of working a second job right now cause it will kill my time for training :/

AM cardio: 15 min weight loss program elliptical

Calves and abs

Standing calf raise:105 lbs 20 reps, 110 lbs 20 reps, 105 lbs 20 reps, 120 lbs 20 reps, 135 lbs 20 reps (forgot to move the pin on 3rd set so just counted it as an extra set)

Seated calf raise: 80 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 20 reps, 100 lbs 20 reps

Donkey calf raise: 2 sets 75 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 20 reps

Bosu crossover: 3 sets 30 reps

Frog crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Paid for my ticket for a boxing match Saturday night to see a friend fight. She is awesome and well I haven't seen her in a couple months so will be exciting to see how we both have changed in each others eyes. So I really should of avoided all cardio today since I spent 2 hrs mowing, edging and clean up but silly me I did more than I should have lol.

PM cardio: 20 min elliptical manual program, treadmill 20 min speed 2.8 6% incline

Biceps

EZ bar cable curl:50 lbs 15 reps, 60 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps 60 lbs 10 reps

Alternating bicep curl: 22.5 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 27.5 lbs 10 reps, 30 lbs 8 reps

Hammer curl: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps

Preacher Bench: 40 lbs 15 reps, 50 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 70 lbs 10 reps (workout buddy was spotting me and pushing me to go harder. ROM wasn't full range but will be working up to that)

I know this is bad but I grabbed 4 oreos, threw the creme filling out and ate the cookies after mowing lol. No fruit in the house and I needed a carb pick me up cause was starting to feel low. Yeah the filling would have cured the problem better but was to sweet and not what my body wanted.

Didn't want to crawl out of bed again today... I swear at 11:48 last night I thought it was 4:30 so I jumped up out of bed let the dog out of her kennel and was on my way to let her out when the clock said the time and I was like dammit! LOL my internal clock must be a bit messed up. My workout buddy won't let me use the word sore anymore... I have to say I feel powerful lol. Gotta love him he is probably one of my biggest cheerleaders and of course competition.

AM cardio: elliptical manual program resistance 25 for 30 min, treadmill level @ 3 mph, 50 min yoga

Shoulders

Hammer strength shoulder press (machine weight not included): 10 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Arnold press: 15 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt rope pulls: 50 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps

Side delt raise burnout: 3 sets 15 lbs 10 lbs5 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets5 lbs 10 lbs 15 lbs 5 reps (started at 15 worked down to 5 then back up to 15 for 1 set)

Kinda ready for my rest day but I know that once it gets here I will feel the need to go to the gym and I will have to fight that urge the entire day.

Edited by Synny667

Not a Rest day, but think of it as more of a Recovery Day. Mending all those newly formed muscles, and babying them into becoming fuller and bigger! Tell your restlessness to go into doing that, instead of it getting your body all riled up. Mind - Body connection. Hey, maybe you could do yoga though? or is it too much for your body to stretch actively?