Vegan Curious

Cown

I'm back to lifting heavier animals and items at work and I seem to be doing ok...30kg dog yesterday (deadweight during sedation) and a 25kg dog today, and I carried both of them between rooms and was even able to lower them to the floor without much problem. Still though, I feel the pain in my leg when I start really pushing it...I'm starting to get concerned that the possibility of surgery isn't so ridiculous...

On the plus side, my shoulder feels tender after lifting consistently for about a half hour, but it gets back to normal shortly after. I'm still doing my prescribed physio for my leg nearly daily, and my own shoulder movements...seems to be going well. Some of the gym staff enjoy taunting my use of a 5lb weight because they know how I usually lift...jerks lol

Diet could be better, but could be a lot worse. I'm maintaining at 125lb for the time being...my ideal maintenance weight is 120lb, I figure competition weight (should I ever get to compete) would be 115lb. I expect once I get back to workouts I'll drop down no problem.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the physiotherapist tomorrow morning...kinda excited in a nervous way!

Also, it's one of my bosses' birthdays this week and we have a staff meeting, so [with the help of a friend] I baked a reece's peices peanut butter chocolate cake...

688061286_Photo0539(480x640).jpg.c3822875e53e86ad77d1b6cc78f039ca.jpg

Nothing quite like a physio session to leave you painful and limping for the rest of the day...

The therapist seems quite happy with what I'm able to do, and given such he's adding more on to my 'homework'. Despite not walking quite right when I left, I did feel much more optimistic compared to the last session I had. I'm not looking forward to doing these exercises, but at least I'm still moving forward!

Still sore from monday's session...quite hesitant to try these new exercises again

If I don't convince myself today, I know I'll get to them tomorrow because going to the gym on lunch forces me to...but maybe some heat treatment will encourage better movement today, making for a better tomorrow. (What choice is there, but optimisim? lol)

I probably didn't do my exercises as much as I should have this week, but pacing myself felt like the right thing to do this time. I did all of them last night, including some for my shoulder with the resistance band, and it felt pretty good.

One exercise in particular I was initially having to assist my leg with the work..lying on my back with legs bent, I would slide my foot out until my leg was flat on the ground, bring it back to starting position, then pick my foot up and bring my knee towards my body. The therapist had me use a towel behind my knee so that my arms could reduce the stress on my leg, but last night I was able to semi-comfortably do it without the towel. I was pretty happy with that.

I was a little sore when I finished everything, but nothing compared to how I was on monday after seeing the therapist.

I think I may start doing some standard shoulder/arm work this week and see how it goes...I rarely feel pain in my shoulder anymore. It still cracks a bit during use, but I'm hoping that strengthening it back up will help with that. Definitely not going to go crazy though.

This past week, however, I was able to use a 10lb weight for lateral raises! Sad part was, I was a little sore the next day haha

While most mondays do kinda suck, this one is especially awesome!

I went to the gym to do physio and decided to test my shoulder a bit. I did not one, but THREE sets of lateral raises (with a 10lb weight, but still), a set of 20 bicep curls on each side (again with 10lb), AND three sets of pushups (one set of 10, 2 of 15). I can't even explain how excited and happy I was. Happier than I've been in months. It's crazy, but I'd already forgotten how good it feels to do some type of exercise.

Today rocks!

Just read through your journal for the first time. Some excellent progress I can tell from the photos! I really loved when you wrote that your body is adequate but that you are not going to settle for adequate any longer.

Yum and that cake looked really good too.

-Dylan

Just read through your journal for the first time. Some excellent progress I can tell from the photos! I really loved when you wrote that your body is adequate but that you are not going to settle for adequate any longer.

Yum and that cake looked really good too.

-Dylan

Thanks for taking the time to read through And thanks for reminding me of my own statement lol I've kinda gotten away from that mentality the last little while. Never too late to get back on track, though.

Bit of [what I hope to be] a minor set back this week...and I totally blame it on my cat. My male loves his cardboard box, and also loves noisely pawing at the edges at 5am when I half wake up but still have time to sleep...He'll only stop when I hit the end of the bed. I went to do this thursday morning, but I was laying on my side and had to crunch upwards...my leg didn't appreciate this. It's felt painful like it used to for the last few days. I did physio yesterday but cut the each set in half. I haven't done weights for my shoulder since monday, either. I was sore on tuesday, but in a good way, and my muscles were noticeably tired so I rested tuesday and wednesday.. then after lifting heavy dogs on my own, it was tired again for the latter part of the week. It feels good today, and I'm thinking of push ups...I'm just a little afraid to push my luck.

Thanks to a few work dinners and a client who likes to make us cheesecake, my diet has been horrid this week..but today I've been somewhat better..lol Aside from pancakes for breakfast I had rice cakes, oats with peanut butter, and chicken fingers, corn, and an obscene amount of green beans for dinner. I'm headed to the movies soon and I probably won't even want anything there because I'm still so full of beans. If it wears off, I have some almonds in my bag

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

My leg seems to be worsening, and I think my pushups might be a reason why...quite depressing. I love push ups.

Haven't used any weights on my shoulders since last monday but I've still been doing my cuff exercises, things feel ok.

My new favourite food is oatmeal and peanut butter...so delicious. Add a side of egg whites and that's just a fantastic breakfast.

The weekend was alright..open house at an animal rehab clinic, and went to see The Campaign with Will Farrel...I definitely recommend it to everyone. You won't be disappointed.

I feel pretty guilty lately for not doing physio as much as I should...but frankly I'm scared to. I know I should do it, though, it's the only thing that [in the end] makes my leg feel any better.

Turns out I should have just stuck with the guilty feeling of avoiding my exercises. I did them yesterday (along with 3 sets of 15 push ups and 3 sets of lateral raises with 10lb DB [that felt awesome]) and this morning, and I'm barely walking now...Although that's not entirely accurate..I can walk just fine and no one knows any different because limping doesn't lessen the pain, so why bother walking funny? I've pretty much been lying down since I got home this afternoon since sitting also hurts...This is the worst I've been since I gave in months ago and went to the hospital to have it looked at. Not really sure what to do now..lol

I bought The Avengers today though, so between that and the Olympia in another hour I'm keeping somewhat occupied.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend! Someone needs to go just smash it at the gym for me

Activity is still pretty limited, but I'm feeling a little better. I think I'm going to try reverting back to my original, though very limited, physio exercises and see if that helps at all. If not, I only have just over a week till my next appt.

Fortunately, I'm doing a bit better as far as diet..Cravings are minimal and I'm not even really tempted by the deliciously bad stuff in the store lol I'd like the scale to reflect this, but I'll take what I can get lol

There are some push ups to be done today Even if my leg isn't strong, my shoulder is [getting there].

Anyone else psyched for the Olympia?! Video coverage starts in just over 90 minutes!!

Kai got robbed, made even worse by Phil's blatant cheating (continually stepping forward over the line and in front of Kai).

Rant over hehe. Hope you had a good weekend and your week is off to a good start

haha Kai looked unreal, no question, and when he was doing his routine I thought he had it, but when they stood side by side...Phil had him beat. I was very disappointed that Nicole Wilkins lost the figure category, though..

Pushups and lateral raises (15 x 3, 10 x 3) today...I struggled to get through the push ups, but my shoulder wasn't even tired after. YAY! I think maybe next week I'll start doing light, but normal-style workouts...using low weights and high reps. I need to lean out anyway. SUPER excited at the thought of this!

Forget starting next week...I started yesterday

Although I was beyond excited to get back to it, my fun was kinda ruined by the fact that I had to pay so much attention to my shoulder. I had to stop a little earlier than I would have liked...but I suppose all things considered, I did really well. Bi's and tri's are a bit sore right now, otherwise I don't feel any discomfort. Yay!

DB Bicep curls w/ 10lb - 20 x 2

Lateral raises w/ 10lb - 12 x 3

Tricep cable pull downs 20lb - 20 x 2

(Attempted) Bent over BB rows...I got through 7 and it didn't feel good so I stopped.

Pushups - 10 x 2, I got to 7 in a third set and again didn't feel good, so I stopped.

My shoulder felt pretty sore, but in an overused kinda way, not injured rotator cuff way lol, for about an hour after, then I was totally back to normal.

I'm going to hold off on trying weights again until...tuesday. That's only because I'm going to my parents' tomorrow and won't be around the gym.

Hope the shoulder gets better and starts feeling strong and ready for proper training again soon.

Nice to see some good ol bodybuilding discussion going on here too. I don't follow it much these days but did tune it for a bit to watch some of the prejudging and then saw the announcement of top 10 the next day.

Have a fun time with your family. All the best.