Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm 
Elephant

Ok well this morning's workout has officially hit me. My legs feel like powerful tree trunks and are a bit achy. I am so ready for bed!!

PM cardio: 20 min manual program resistance 30 elliptical

Chest
DB Bench press: 35 lbs 15 reps, 45 lbs 12 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps
DB Incline press:30 lbs 15 reps, 35 lbs 12 reps, 40 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps (last rep was super hard. Trainer and workout buddy pushing me through it)
DB fly: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps
Push ups: 20 reps, 3 sets 15 reps
Leg lifts: 3 sets 20 reps
Plank with hikes: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Starting to think about postponing the idea of competing... I dunno maybe it is my doubts getting to me. I am having a blast with the 2 a day sessions and feeling super powerful and don't want it to end. I hate the idea of cutting calories and being cranky when I am enjoying what I am doing now. Will see how I feel at the beginning of the year and will reevaluate my plans and goals then.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:48 am 
Elephant

Ok so I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Was all nice and warm under the covers only to be cold when I climbed out of bed. Hello fall I wasn't ready for you. Anyway luckily no one bothered me today while I was training or I probably would of gone off. I woke up hungry and well I don't eat breakfast until after my morning workout. I got tired of the pukey feeling I was getting. Beginning to wish I had a better job so that I can afford a wider variety of foods to eat. Getting kinda tired of the same thing day in and day out. Heaven knows a food budget of $40 a week doesn't go very far and with the drought we had my garden didn't thrive well at all to help cut back on a few costs..... I dread the idea of working a second job right now cause it will kill my time for training :/

AM cardio: 15 min weight loss program elliptical

Calves and abs
Standing calf raise:105 lbs 20 reps, 110 lbs 20 reps, 105 lbs 20 reps, 120 lbs 20 reps, 135 lbs 20 reps (forgot to move the pin on 3rd set so just counted it as an extra set)
Seated calf raise: 80 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 20 reps, 100 lbs 20 reps
Donkey calf raise: 2 sets 75 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 20 reps
Bosu crossover: 3 sets 30 reps
Frog crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm 
Elephant

Paid for my ticket for a boxing match Saturday night to see a friend fight. She is awesome and well I haven't seen her in a couple months so will be exciting to see how we both have changed in each others eyes. So I really should of avoided all cardio today since I spent 2 hrs mowing, edging and clean up but silly me I did more than I should have lol.

PM cardio: 20 min elliptical manual program, treadmill 20 min speed 2.8 6% incline

Biceps
EZ bar cable curl:50 lbs 15 reps, 60 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps 60 lbs 10 reps
Alternating bicep curl: 22.5 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 27.5 lbs 10 reps, 30 lbs 8 reps
Hammer curl: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps
Preacher Bench: 40 lbs 15 reps, 50 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 70 lbs 10 reps (workout buddy was spotting me and pushing me to go harder. ROM wasn't full range but will be working up to that)

I know this is bad but I grabbed 4 oreos, threw the creme filling out and ate the cookies after mowing lol. No fruit in the house and I needed a carb pick me up cause was starting to feel low. Yeah the filling would have cured the problem better but was to sweet and not what my body wanted.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:54 am 
Elephant

Didn't want to crawl out of bed again today... I swear at 11:48 last night I thought it was 4:30 so I jumped up out of bed let the dog out of her kennel and was on my way to let her out when the clock said the time and I was like dammit! LOL my internal clock must be a bit messed up. My workout buddy won't let me use the word sore anymore... I have to say I feel powerful lol. Gotta love him he is probably one of my biggest cheerleaders and of course competition.

AM cardio: elliptical manual program resistance 25 for 30 min, treadmill level @ 3 mph, 50 min yoga

Shoulders
Hammer strength shoulder press (machine weight not included): 10 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps
Arnold press: 15 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps
Rear delt rope pulls: 50 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps
Side delt raise burnout: 3 sets 15 lbs 10 lbs5 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets5 lbs 10 lbs 15 lbs 5 reps (started at 15 worked down to 5 then back up to 15 for 1 set)

Kinda ready for my rest day but I know that once it gets here I will feel the need to go to the gym and I will have to fight that urge the entire day.

Last edited by Synny667 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:46 am 
Elephant

Not a Rest day, but think of it as more of a Recovery Day. Mending all those newly formed muscles, and babying them into becoming fuller and bigger! Tell your restlessness to go into doing that, instead of it getting your body all riled up. Mind - Body connection. Hey, maybe you could do yoga though? or is it too much for your body to stretch actively?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 am 
Elephant

I will look through the dvr yoga and see if I can find one gentle enough but I do try to avoid any activity because I start skipping rest days. Saturday and sunday are my active rest days. I decided that Thursday will be my gaming day when I will just chill at home and play an online game to keep me relaxed and my mind off the gym. I do love sleeping in on rest day :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm 
Elephant

Now that the weather has decided to turn cold here in Michigan, I am finding that my nice bed is so warm and that I do not like to get out of it lately. Just like you in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 pm 
Elephant

I an also getting up at 4:30 every morning too...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:28 pm 
Elephant

So..... didn't even make it that far into my workout tonight with my trainer when my knee got VERY angry with me and sidelined me. One of the trainers is a chiropractic student and checked it out... good thing tomorrow is rest day. My trainer had me do triceps instead and no cardio tonight. This is frustrating but I listened to my body and when it said enough I told my trainer to much, racked the weight and walked around and told him no more. He is hoping that with resting tomorrow but moving it will help it heal faster. Willing to take a week or 2 off of low body to let my knee heal as long as I can at least walk on the treadmill. I wish I hadn't pushed myself this morning in yoga but I thought I had it.

Triceps
Band pressdown: 4 sets 20 reps
Skullcrusher: 30 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 15 reps
Kickbacks: 4 sets 10 lbs 15 reps
Bench dips: 4 sets 15 reps

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 am 
Elephant

From my training to be PT, they talked alot about joint stabilization (I swear that the book is geared toward the geriatric club, with a huge chapter on chronic illness and diseases! that depressed me right out - so my heart is with you, as I couldn't never be able to do your job at all - at least in my moment now - next year could be a different story). When your knee gets better, the one exercise that I have taken on is the deep squats on the BOSU ball - body weight only. I could feel all the muscles in my legs, knees, and butt, working to keep me upright on that thing. And it was all the little muscles - my prime movers Quads and Hamstrings were just there for the ride! And I was sore for the next 3 days (DOMS? haven't had that in months!). Yoga's warrior pose would be good too - but that is just forward and backward, Bosu makes it 360.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 am 
Elephant

I honestly wish I could deep squat but I can only hit parallel or just a hair under before I get into trouble. The chiro student said it was my ACL and Meniscus that were angry. The TKE I do is supposed to help strengthen them. Can't go see a doctor cause I don't have insurance and can't afford to pay out of pocket. But if it gets worse I will figure out a way to afford it....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:56 am 
Elephant

I think I am going to invest in a heart rate monitor (one that has a chest strap) to monitor what and where my spikes are so I can start basing my meals around them. Thinking I might go ahead and do some yoga at work to maybe help my knee feel better. I have on a supportive brace that has 2 cushions on both sides of the knee and some flexible bars too. Will continue to ice my knee and take some aleve.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am 
Elephant

Ok fell into old habit of eating crap when depressed... Lapse of judgement moving on and not going to beat myself up.

So I am adding back in my green monster twice a day again cause I feel I am missing them and how they make me feel. Won't care to much about calories since it is fruits and vegetables. Gonna be fun pack my blender around lol!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 pm 
Elephant

Ok back on my green monsters and cravings have decreased. Had a lil slip up and had a slice of cake.... Which I can say is by far better all I was shoveling in with my cravings and stress. Glad to have them back twice a day cause hoping my cravings will go away altogether and can break my nasty food addiction. Knee felt good until last set of walking lunges. Prone curls didn't bother me so I went ahead and did them :)

AM cardio: 40 min elliptical, 55 min gentle yoga

Legs
Leg extension: 3 sets 45 lbs 20 reps
Body weight squats: 3 sets 20 reps
Weighted squats: 45 lbs 20 reps, 65 lbs 15 reps, 85 lbs 12 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps
Deadlift: 4 sets 135 lbs 8 reps
Walking lunges: 4 sets 20 reps
Prone leg curl: 3 sets 80 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:08 pm 
Elephant

love the avatar! hot!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 99  Next