Japanese study on water on an empty stomach

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Japanese study on water on an empty stomach

#1 Postby C.O. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Found this and thought it was very interesting. Claims a ridiculous amount of health benefits I think a bit much more than could be possible but the idea still is very interesting.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

-Dylan

WonderWoman
Rabbit

Re: Japanese study on water on an empty stomach

#2 Postby WonderWoman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 am

Interesting method, but I heard that drinking large amounts of water at one time burden the cardiovascular system. Rapid ingestion of 500-1000 ml of liquid moves too fast to extracellular fluid and decreases the osmotic pressure, what burden the cardiovascular system, and then the liquid (per)quickly passes through the congested kidney. I hope there is a bit of sense in what I write :P

In my opinion, drinking water is of course super healthy, but often in small amounts. Ok, sometimes it's fine to clean organism with great amount of water, even drink water all day without food, but doing it for month or as a life habit might be unhealthy.

Haha, and personally, only thought of hot oatmeal is able to snatch me out of bed in the morning. :D

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#3 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 am

This isn't a study, though. It's just a Facebook post about something that's "popular" in Japanese culture. I didn't see any reference to an actual study--did I miss it?
My 2012 Training Log

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 am

It referenced studies, like "studies have shown" but I didn't see a link to the actual research. If I find it I will share.

-Dylan

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”