Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: but now I'll never surrender
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm 
Rabbit

I really was not on top of my game today... After yesterday's training and about 5 hours of really bad quality sleep I was a mess in the gym today... I was lacking energy and even concentration....

Anyway I did it :
1 hour BODYCOMBAT
1 hour BODYPUMP ( with a bit less weight than other times)

as for eating:

calories 1070
carbs 148
protein 103
fat 14

and all pretty much from pea protein, bananas, berries and soy milk...+ some greens

could be better!

...still a bit bloated, I think it was the soy isolate protein yesterday... :/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:37 pm 
Rabbit

1 h. bodycombat
1 h. bodypump

1102 calories
141 carbs
112 protein
13 fat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:20 am 
Rabbit

I've been kinda lazy during the week:

sunday: bodycombat, bodypump, cx works
minday: bodycombat , bodypump
tuesday: OFF
wednesday: bodycombat, bodypump
thursday: OFF
friday: bodycombat, bodypump

today.... I have a workshop that has nothing to do with this, a raw vegan dessert workshop and I'm freaking out because for sure I will eat and I won't be able to go to the gym... so I'm thinking about not going... tho I have paid it :S Stupi9d, I know...

As far as dieting goes, the summary of last week:

- I was quite disciplined
- calories kept below 1200 (except yesterday, 1300)
-macros more or less ok (except yesterday: too much fat!... I was craving and had some PB, which was not in the plan, wich made at the end of the day about 40 gr. of fat instead of the 12 I wanted)

I had less energy to work out, I had vravings, I didn't enjoy my breakfast that much, I was (and still am) really bloated BUT... I lost weigt (47.6 today =104.9 lbs)... so I'm happy!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:35 pm 
Rabbit

I passed on the raw vegan workshop so I could go to the gym:
1h. bodypump
1 h. bodycombat

calories 1500
carbs 120
protein 115
fat 59

:/ too much....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 pm 
Rabbit

Yesterday I attended 5 classes:
1h. bodycombat
20 min abs training
1 h bodypump
20 min cross training
20 min abs training (2nd session)

I did the cross training for the first time, it was really exhausting! before starting I asked my trainer, (since he knew U had attended the other classes before) if it would be too much and he told me that it wouldn't...so even though at some point I thought i couldn't... I just sucked it up and kept doing :) The result was not great (didn't get to complete the fifth round) but I'm proud I did what I did and I will get better! :) my trainer also said he was proud of me <3 <3 <3... so all i9n all a great Monday! I'm sooo happy i'm having vacation now...

Nutritionwise it was a bit much, almost 1500 calories, 120 carbs// 128 protein// and WAY too much fat.... :// (I'll have to ban the PB!!! and ...normally I don't have chocolate at hand...but yesterday I did...)

As for today:

1h. bodycombat
1 h. bodypump
20 min abs training

about 1300 calories 111 carbs, 122 protein, 39 fat

After such an exhausting day yesterday I was really fit today, not exhausted in the least and at the top of my game the whole time! so different from last week!!! maybe the calorie increase, maybe the motivation (my favorite trainer is back from vacation), maybe being off of work... I guess a bit of everything... oh! and maybe the vega recovery accelerator is helping too!

The worse thing last week and this week are the cravings...chocolate! and bananas.... If I don't have chocolate i want bananas, but so many carbs at night is really not a good idea.... :(

I took my "before" pic ;) in a few weeks I'll take a new one and...maybe post it....I'm a bit self-counscious....but if I see any progress I will...maybe in 4 weeks...or 6 :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:28 pm 
Rabbit

Nutrition:
calories about 1200
carbs about 125
protein about 118
fat about 29

Training:

1 h. bodyattack ( cardio)
1 h. bodypump (lifting)
20 min abs training

CRAVINGS! I'm trying to "eat clean" but I have the worst chocolate cravings ever!!! ...and I gave in... I had 12 grams of dark chocolate included in my pre-workout meal and some chocolate soy snack... At least macros are still Ok-ish... but I can't get shredded eating chocolate I guess... Everywhere I get information about losing fat they insist that you "eat clean"...

Now, for dinner I was really tempted to eat a banana...but that's a bad idea at night so.... I'll have to be strong and not give in!... I had a half and 5 strawberries :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:36 am 
Rabbit

whatever I'm doing it's working, haha...maybe I can be permissive enough as to have (like yesterday) a bit of chocolate always taking into account that the macros don't go to crazy! What I'm ding is working but still I was thinking about carb cycling for better results ... It would be high carb thursdays and mondays ( the most exhausting workouts of the week) and low carb the rest....as for no carb, I think I'll say "no, thanks" :P

I'm having a lot of anergy and wirking out hard and good. Yesterday my trainer told me for the second time this week that's he's proud of me <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 pm 
Rabbit

1 h. bodypump (last time BP 82 :_( ...and with a special dedication <3)
1 h. Bodycombat
25 min CX works

1400 calories
120 carbs
122 protein
45 fat

thursdays I allow myself a bit more ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:21 pm 
Rabbit

I wanted to have a rest day and no-carb day but I was bored so I went to the gym: but just 1 h. bodycombat (cardio),and it was really cool... and today I staryed rather low-carbish...but not really (75 carbs)... way too much fat and way too much calories tho...

aprox:

calories 1385
carbs 75
protein 153
fat 54

feeling lonely :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:51 pm 
Rabbit

Fuck, I put on one kilo overnight!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:04 pm 
Rabbit

Hello MuskelKatze :)

I see that you are super determined and with temperament. You train hard! It's cool, but in my opinion you might be too harsh for yourself. Your BMI is perfect, so you don't have to be mad because of small weight moves. It's normal that our weight is sometimes 1kg higher ,sometimes 1kg lower than our usual weight. Well, you have a lot of sport, your muscles are growing, and they weight more than fat, so please don't be upset because of your weight. Weight means nothing. I think you should check your weight just once per a month, I know from autopsy that obsession about weight isn't healthy. It brings mood fluctuations and mood fluctuations are not helpfull when you need to control what you eat and how much to train. I think it's better to measure circuits and do photos once a month or twice than to use weight as an determinant.

+ I strongly believe that positive attitude helps in reaching goals.

I wish you all the best, remember to love yourself, and have fun on your path to being fit and strong!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:37 pm 
Rabbit

Thank you WonderWoman, that's very sweet of you :*

------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I attended to the new releases of les mills: 9:30 cx worx, 10:00 bodypump and 19:30 bodycombat.... It was nice, I would have liked to go to bodyattack too but I want to have energy for the 5 classes tomorrow :P...

As for eating...it's not going well at all....since thet "bump on the road" (putting on weight) seems that my discipline has disappeared and I've been pigging out like crazy :( I hate myself for that... so much! that I sometimes wish I was another person... I like myself in every other aspect, I know I have to change some things (being less shy, more confident, less jealous...I'm working on all that and making progress!)...but the food...I sometimes think I'm a food addict...or emotional eater ... I really want to change that.... I have had a complete bar of chocolate (100 grams) in less than 24 hours :/... fuck!

So... I'm gonna start eating clean, clear cut, radical, mainly raw, unprocessed foods (but maybe also tofu and/or seitan in salads).... and protein powders, I think the sun warrior and vega can be considered raw (at least the package says that) but...unprocessed ????(well, that I don't think so but I'm going to have them anyway)

Maybe it will become somthing as natural for me as veganism...I don't even crave non-vegan things...cos they're not vegan! so maybe some day I won't crave processed foods....I HOPE SO!!!!!

I want to:

-be proud of myself
-be able to post what I eat everyday without having to be ashamed
-make people proud of my achievements in fitness and nutrition (In fitness it is already happening and I couldn't be happier!!!)
-have the feeling that I could tell everybody what I eat and they would be impressed and see me as a role model
-feel that I control food and food doesn't control me

IF I WANT SOMTHING I SHOULD GO FOR IT!!!! why is it so difficult for me to just eat right??!! I'm so ashamed of this posting!!! and I really hope that it is the last one dealing with this...that's not a training and nutrition journal, that's just my failure and... from now on, and I really mean NOW no failure is allowed:

EAT CLEAN
------------------------------------------

I'm a bit stressed out too...my step-brother, with whom I practically shared flat (we're neighbors but spent a lot of time together) has a girlfriend now and almost no time for me...that's fine cos I'm in the gym a lot of time and I want to sleep enough but sometimes in the evening I feel lonely and maybe that's the reason I tend to overeat... :( I used to visit him for dinner and chatting a bit about the day since his place is 5 min. walking from mine and then I'd go home (where I didn't store any food but for breakfast) and practically go to bed.... Now all that has changed of course and I need to get adjusted to it... Fuck! I sometimes do really feel lonely....

--------------------------------

Nutrition today (the daily disaster)

around 1700 calories (maybe more!)
around 150 carbs
around 100 protein
around 50 fat

I haven't really counted , it's just what I estimate... so maybe it was much more.... fuck! ... eatingwise it was an awful day :evil: ... trainingwise it was good tho :)

------------------------------------

Training:

25 min CX worx (core training)
1 h. bodypump (light lifting)
1 h. bodycombat (cardio) :boxer:

can't wait to tomorrow, the new choreos of bodycombat and bodypump with "my" trainer....I want to attend to his 5 classes like last monday...and that he says he's proud of me <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 am 
Rabbit

what I dropped in a week is there again :( :( :( 48.2

Breakfast:
2 scoops Sun Warrior
5 strawberries
20 gr. oatmeal

I already feel bad for having eaten so much.... fuck! the day starts awful....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 pm 
Rabbit

well, I'm proud of myself:

Nutrition:

breakfast:
sun warrior 2 scoops
5 strawberries
oats (20 gr)

lunch:
alad w/mushrooms, asparagus and seitan
sun warrior 1 scoop

pre-WO:
1/2 banana
20 gr. oats w/ 5 strawberries
sun warrior (1 scoop)

post WO
Vega recovery accelerator

dinner salad w/ carrots, mushrooms and olive oil
vega protein powder
2 scoops sun warrior

Total :
calories about 1200
carbs: 80
protein : 165
fat : 25

Workout:

1h bodycombat
20 min abs training
1h bodypump
20 min Crossfit
20 min abs training

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:31 pm 
Manatee

Hey MuscleKatze,

I agree with WonderWoman, you seem to be very hard on yourself. If you cheat, and everyone does to some degree, I wouldn't get too down on yourself. Yeah, don't be happy that you did it, but don't get so down that it depresses you.

Maybe you should try not focusing on exactly how many macros you are getting and just try to eat as healthy as possible. I personally don't keep up with all that info. I did once for a week or so, just to get an idea of where I am at generally. But some days you may be more hungry than others, when I am I eat more. In other words, follow the clues your body is giving you and not be set in a mind frame that I got to eat a certain amount of macros.

The one thing I would say concerning your macros which I mentioned to you before in another thread, is imo your protein intake is high. I weigh 60lbs more than you and you are eating over twice as much protein as me some days. My suggestion would be to cut back on the protein powders some and try to concentrate more on the amount of phytonutrients you are taking in.