Meal replacement high calorie high protein supplement needed

Broadway

I have just started the vegan lifestyle and still sifting through everything so I cover all my nutrient bases. I am not a body builder and my workout style is more in line with circuit drills using my own weight resistance with high cardio or I may do a P90X program to keep switching it up. When I do my circuit training drills up to a 1.5 hours or run 12 miles I am burning loads of calories that I cannot afford to loose. I need to find a high calore high protien supplement to put 900 calories or so into my day. Before my lifestyle change I was using "Mass-Tech" (70 grams protein and 1000 calories). I am looking for something similiar, but vegan. Any thoughts?

Most of the high-calorie supplements out there are pretty much mediocre-quality ingredients that are easy to replicate for your own creations - usually just a big protein overkill (not much need to worry about ever getting more than 40-50g in a serving max, since too much just goes to waste if your body can't make good with it) combined with a simple carb overload that often is just maltodextrin added in for caloric density and natural sweetening, and that's about it.

You can easily make your own with any standard vegan protein source like Vega, NitroFusion, Sun Warrior, etc., just add in some maltodextrin (easy to find at most health food stores) or waxy maize powder, you'll basically get the same thing, just a vegan version of it. Very easy that way to make a big 700+ calorie shake for post-workout training with such a thing - 50g protein will give you 200 cal., 100g carbs will add another 400 cal., and if you throw in some healthy fats as well like a tablespoon of healty oil, you can add another 130 or so calories to that easily enough. Or, just add in more of the carbohydrate source powders for another calorie kick if you don't think you have enough, like I said, it's easy to make your own!

• 1 month later...