Hello from San Diego

OliveBlood

I am currently recuperating from an injury I got while hiking and I decided to go on a spree of forum browsing.

I am not a vegan, however I do sympathize with the majority of vegetarian food theory and generally eat accordingly (aside from chicken/fish/fish oil).

I am already pretty advanced in strength training. Here are some of my pre-sprain stats:

height: 5'10"

weight: 220 lbs

body fat: ~15%

overhead press: bodyweight

deadlift: car

barbell curl: 155x5

These days I'm actually focusing less on weights and more on cardio and flexibility, as I feel I've gotten unbalanced as the years. I'm really joining this forum more to trade nutritional info and to learn about different healthy lifestyles.

Hi, another welcome from the group. Impressive stats. Don't worry there are a lot of non-vegans on here. Its good to hear you are like-minded though. Get a journal going and check out other peoples to see their workouts and what they are eating. And ask questions, this is a great place to soak up other people's knowledge.

-Dylan

It was Iron Mountain last Friday. I sprained my ankle really bad about 20 feet from the summit. I'm not even kidding, I was still right freakin' there. My girlfriend helped me gimp all the way back down the mountain. It's Wednesday and I'm just now barely taking my first wobbly steps on it.

I'm not even attempting to maintain my size or strength, I'm pretty much just sitting here not eating anything - why should I take in more calories when I still have body fat remaining? Screw it, I'll wait until my foot grows back.

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the forum!

Hope your ankle is getting better. Hiking is an awesome thing to do outdoors and stay in shape while being in nature. I enjoy it well, especially out west where I have done most of my hiking (Mt. Hood, South Sister, Topanga Canyon, etc.)

Have fun on the forum. Welcome to the team!

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
How has your injury been healing? Back to eating and working out again or still hurt, not eating and not able to train?

Hope things are going better for you.

-Dylan

Things are going much better for me. I'm going to take your advice and start a journal in another subforum in case you're wondering.