Vegan Detox

Hi guys, I've been vegetarian for over 20 years and vegan since February. I'm thinking of detoxing possibly every 12 weeks (seems to be suggested from initial research) However, I am very cleaning eating so I wondered if anyone here were following any detoxing programmes that might be able to give me a few pointers on foodstuffs and preferred frequency.

Thanks!

Leena

Well, I'll start by saying that I do not believe there are health benefits to a 'detox diet' and altho you may lose a bit of weight, most gain it back in a very short time. Also if the diet is very low cal, you'll be losing muscle moreso than fat - negative impact on your body compositition.

I think clean eating would be the way to go as opposed to 'detoxing' ... ie. eating clean includes cutting out alcohol, coffee, excess salt, simple sugars and simple (white) carbs and anything processed/prepackaged (including the fake meats and cheeses and protein powders etc)

Some people go RAW as sort of a detox too and apparently have had good training and weight loss results. I haven't tried it myself but thought I'd throw it out there in case you may want to look into it as an option.

• 10 years later...

When it comes to vegan detox, there are a few things you should be aware of. Detox refers to the process of removing toxins from the body, and a vegan detox aims to achieve this through a plant-based diet. Here are a few key points to consider:

Plant-based diet: A vegan detox involves eating only plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds. It excludes all animal products, including meat, dairy, eggs, and honey.

Increase fiber intake: A vegan detox often includes high-fiber foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Fiber aids digestion and helps remove waste and toxins from the body.

Hydration: Drink plenty of water while detoxing. Keeping hydrated helps flush out toxins and supports overall bodily functions.

You should also check out
https://brainboxblog.com/10-day-detox-cleanse-a-step-by-step-guide-to-clean-eating/ in order to understand a little more in this topic and decide whether you need it or not. I hope I was helpful to you!