Synny's training journal

I will look through the dvr yoga and see if I can find one gentle enough but I do try to avoid any activity because I start skipping rest days. Saturday and sunday are my active rest days. I decided that Thursday will be my gaming day when I will just chill at home and play an online game to keep me relaxed and my mind off the gym. I do love sleeping in on rest day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..... didn't even make it that far into my workout tonight with my trainer when my knee got VERY angry with me and sidelined me. One of the trainers is a chiropractic student and checked it out... good thing tomorrow is rest day. My trainer had me do triceps instead and no cardio tonight. This is frustrating but I listened to my body and when it said enough I told my trainer to much, racked the weight and walked around and told him no more. He is hoping that with resting tomorrow but moving it will help it heal faster. Willing to take a week or 2 off of low body to let my knee heal as long as I can at least walk on the treadmill. I wish I hadn't pushed myself this morning in yoga but I thought I had it.

Triceps

Band pressdown: 4 sets 20 reps

Skullcrusher: 30 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 15 reps

Kickbacks: 4 sets 10 lbs 15 reps

Bench dips: 4 sets 15 reps

From my training to be PT, they talked alot about joint stabilization (I swear that the book is geared toward the geriatric club, with a huge chapter on chronic illness and diseases! that depressed me right out - so my heart is with you, as I couldn't never be able to do your job at all - at least in my moment now - next year could be a different story). When your knee gets better, the one exercise that I have taken on is the deep squats on the BOSU ball - body weight only. I could feel all the muscles in my legs, knees, and butt, working to keep me upright on that thing. And it was all the little muscles - my prime movers Quads and Hamstrings were just there for the ride! And I was sore for the next 3 days (DOMS? haven't had that in months!). Yoga's warrior pose would be good too - but that is just forward and backward, Bosu makes it 360.

I honestly wish I could deep squat but I can only hit parallel or just a hair under before I get into trouble. The chiro student said it was my ACL and Meniscus that were angry. The TKE I do is supposed to help strengthen them. Can't go see a doctor cause I don't have insurance and can't afford to pay out of pocket. But if it gets worse I will figure out a way to afford it....

I think I am going to invest in a heart rate monitor (one that has a chest strap) to monitor what and where my spikes are so I can start basing my meals around them. Thinking I might go ahead and do some yoga at work to maybe help my knee feel better. I have on a supportive brace that has 2 cushions on both sides of the knee and some flexible bars too. Will continue to ice my knee and take some aleve.

Ok fell into old habit of eating crap when depressed... Lapse of judgement moving on and not going to beat myself up.

So I am adding back in my green monster twice a day again cause I feel I am missing them and how they make me feel. Won't care to much about calories since it is fruits and vegetables. Gonna be fun pack my blender around lol!!!

Ok back on my green monsters and cravings have decreased. Had a lil slip up and had a slice of cake.... Which I can say is by far better all I was shoveling in with my cravings and stress. Glad to have them back twice a day cause hoping my cravings will go away altogether and can break my nasty food addiction. Knee felt good until last set of walking lunges. Prone curls didn't bother me so I went ahead and did them

AM cardio: 40 min elliptical, 55 min gentle yoga

Legs

Leg extension: 3 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

Body weight squats: 3 sets 20 reps

Weighted squats: 45 lbs 20 reps, 65 lbs 15 reps, 85 lbs 12 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps

Deadlift: 4 sets 135 lbs 8 reps

Walking lunges: 4 sets 20 reps

Prone leg curl: 3 sets 80 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps

Thanks my trainer is very proud of that pic and was quick to post it on his Facebook lol. Did good on eating aside from the piece of cake. So yay very proud of myself. Once my body is back to normal I will switch back to a single green monster a day. I can already tell that tomorrow my back will be tight and powerful feeling. Hmmm to use my stress relief body wash or my yummy lavender soap......

PM cardio: 25 min interval program lvl 5 elliptical

Back

Superset

Band row: 3 sets 20 reps

Ball crunch: 3 sets 8 lbs 30 reps

Superset

Pull ups: 2 sets 10 reps, 1 set 12 reps

Band lat pulldowns: 1 set 20 reps, 2 sets 15 reps

Superset

Dumbbell bent over row: 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Rear delt band pull underhand grip: 3 sets 20 reps

Superset

Upright row: 2 sets 15 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 15 reps

Armpit pulls: 2 sets 15 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 15 reps

I swear with each green monster I drink the better I begin to feel!!! Today I added a tbsp of vitamineral green..... pure heaven! My taste buds are dancing and my tummy is singing. Yeah I am weird lol!!! I didn't go to my bakery today because I have had such a bad binge week I didn't need anything else since I am trying to clean my system up from those bad days. Making some spiced applesauce in the slow cooker. Cardamom, ginger, cloves and cinnamon best of all no sugar or sweetener added. Can't wait to smell that as it warms up. Might blend it up and strain it and drink the juice and use the pulp for oatmeal hehe

So today I will be going to a ball game that offers nothing healthy and french fries being my only option for something to munch on..... I will have to deploy operation large purse. I am thinking some dried pears, maybe run and get some gluten free graham crackers IF I can find a vegan brand, a large bottle of water, protein powder, and a clif bar if all else fails. Want to get a nice long steady cardio session in before the ball game which I am super excited about even though we don't have a winning team. I know I might run the stairs a bit while I am there cause I do get bored just sitting.

Watched a friend fight and win her first boxing match last night and needless to say after being around a BUNCH of skinny chicks in little clothing I feel super fat. Can I just say the ring girls looked like shit... toothpick arms and legs, no ass but had a lil ab definition working for them, nasty fake blonde hair and 1 acted like she needed a stripper pole.

Switched to gluten free steel cut oats. I sure hope it helps my tummy feel better.... I don't know what I will do for breakfast otherwise. Regular cereal doesn't have enough protein for my liking and usually has sugar and additives and such that I don't want.

What an awesome rock star of a morning I am having!!!! Yes I woke up on the best side of the bed and my workout rocked! Am I slowly becoming a morning person???? At this rate I will be keeping 2 a days as my routine .

Cardio: resistance 30 20 min elliptical

Quads

Leg extension: 45 lbs 20 reps, 60 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps

Leg press feet as low on plate as possible: 180 lbs 20 reps. 270 lbs 15 reps, 360 lbs 10 reps, 450 lbs 10 reps, 500 lbs 10 reps (feeling badass)

Box squat: 95 lbs 15 reps, 115 lbs 12 reps, 135 lbs 10 reps, 155 lbs 10 reps, 185 lbs 10 reps

Hack squat: 50 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 110 lbs 10 reps, 110 lbs 10 reps

My legs are turning into a powerhouse that I have kept leashed for so long!! Now if only my upper body would respond as fast lol!!! With this new week I need to clean my diet up tighter and see if I can drop a few pounds. Coming off the Lipo 6 cause it hasn't done a thing for me... Also think I am going to start posting my meals back on here so I can really be held accountable for my progress.

Post workout

1 scoop pea and rice blend protein powder

1/2c Westsoy unsweetened plain soymilk

Breakfast

1/3c gluten free steel cut oats

1/2tsp cinnamon

1tsp cocoa powder

3/4c soymilk

1tbsp agave

Morning Snack

3 kale leaves

1c spinach

3 tbsp hemp seed

1c mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)

1/2c fresh pineapple

1 banana

1 tbsp Vitamineral Green

Ok so I felt pretty damn beastly today!!! This morning's beastly beginning carried over into my evening workout. I did get a hold of a friend cause was feeling super excited and needed a release. I am not one for a quick booty call or anything but sometimes I gotta do what I gotta do!! Told my trainer I am keeping the 2 a days and he willingly agreed mostly because I am making strength gains pretty fast which he loves and I am willing to rest and give myself 1 week to break from 2 a day training. Next week will be my last week on this round of 2 a days.... Need to make every workout really count. BTW I soooooo wanted to binge on anything at any point BUT I stayed strong and didn't cause I really didn't want to put it down here......

PM cardio: NONE

Chest

Barbell flat bench press: 45 lbs 20 reps, 85 lbs 12 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps, 135 lbs 10 reps (yeah I surprised even myself)

Dumbbell incline press: 35 lbs 15 reps, 35 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps

Push ups: 4 sets 15 reps

Low band fly: 3 sets 15 reps

Plank hikes: 3 sets 40 reps

Cross toe touch: 3 sets 40 reps

Lunch

1.75 oz mung bean fettuchini noodles

2c broccoli

Afternoon snack

1.75oz mung bean fettuchini noodles

2c broccoli

Drive home snack

1 scoop protein powder

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

1/2c soymilk

Bedtime snack

1 tbsp natural fresh ground peanut butter

Oh woke up to thunder and lightening this morning and was ready to bust out my workout. Was a really good workout even if it was rather boring body parts lol.

AM cardio: 20 min upright bike manual program lvl 5

Calves and abs

Seated 1 leg calf raise: 35 lbs 20 reps, 40 lbs 20 reps, 45 lbs 20 reps

Standing 1 leg calf raise: 3 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

3 position calf raise: 3 sets 45 reps

Incline crossover: 3 sets 20 reps

Incline leg raise: 3 sets 20 reps

Post workout

1/2c soymilk

1 scoop protein powder

Breakfast

1/3c dry GF steel cut oats

1c soymilk

1tsp cocoa powder

1/2tsp cinnamon

Morning snack

3 kale leaves

1c spinach

1c mixed berries

1/2c pineapple

1 banana

1 rounded tbsp Vitamineral Green

Lunch

2c broccoli

1oz onion

Afternoon snack

2c broccoli

2oz onion

Preworkout

1 scoop protein powder

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

1/2c soymilk

1 tbsp fresh ground pb

Drinking coffee again and drinking it black. I have thought about binging all day but seriously I don't want to fess up on here what I cheat with.... Now Saturday will be a different story when I go to the bakery to buy more coffee cause I will end up getting me a little treat in the form of a scone and probably a cookie or I will get a bagel or whatever looks good along with a nice hot chai tea latte YUUMMMMMMM!!! This bakery was featured in VegNews a while back

PM cardio: jogged 6 min @ 5.5 walked 14 min @ 3.0 on treadmill (workout buddy has me training for the monster dash 5k)

Biceps and abs

Straight bar curl: 40 lbs 20 reps, 50 lbs 12 reps, 50 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 8 reps

Bisolator: 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 100 lbs 10 reps

Concentration curls: 5 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Hanging leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Incline crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

I do feel beastly this week!!! Despite my wavers to want to slip up and binge I have stopped myself every single time! This morning a friend of mine snapped a pic of me doing rope pulls and didn't know it until she put it on Facebook lol!!!! Might need to look into something to help give me a major boost in the mornings so I can fire up my workouts more. Now that I am off Lipo6 I am not as peppy as I would like. My lower abs are on fire today. So glad I have no more abs today or tomorrow!!!

AM cardio: yoga 50 min, treadmill 2.5 @ 10% for 20 min, elliptical 20 min lvl 5 manual program

Shoulders

Dumbbell shoulder press: 20 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Cable side delt raise: 20 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 20 lbs 10 reps, 20 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt rope pull: 100 lbs 15 reps, 100 lbs 15 reps, 110 lbs 15 reps, 110 lbs 15 reps

Plate front raise: 25 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Rotary twist: 3 sets 80 lbs 15 reps each side

Bosu crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

rope.jpg.5d3b7c466959b630e1e32b2078f35cd5.jpg