Yo~

Iconoclast

Whelp, I am a "long time" vegan, about 4 years (hey, that's a perspectively long time for me ), and I've been a vegetarian since I was 13, soo 8 years, plus 4, 12 years with no meat.

Read the Skinny Bitch book, lost 60 pounds. Found all the vegan junk food and stopped exercising and gained 17 pounds.

Which totally sucks, all the "new" clothes that I bought now are tight on me because of the weight gain.

Not to mention I feel like a fat slob, and I am seriously weak.

So now I am getting serious about fitness and incorporating body building as my sport.

No one thinks I can do it, I only mentioned it one time on facebook, but everyone will soon see my amazing future gains.

I also think that if people are serious about the animal rights movement they must invest in their own bodies. It's no time to be weak, in body or mind. The person you're going to have to rely on the most is you.

Welcome!

Great to have you here. All the best with your current fitness goals.

I think leading by example is an excellent approach. Being healthy, happy and fit is a great way to inspire others achieve the same.

Keep after it!

-Robert

I've found since I've been eating vegan (healthy vegan lots of fiber) I feel very satiated... no big snack cravings anymore. So I think if you can give up the junk food and start exercising then you should be well on your way.

I read somewhere if you want something you find a way, and if you don't you will find an excuse.. I put that quote where I see it and it motivates me to go to the gym even if I don't feel like it.

I find it quite motivational too when people tell me I 'can't' do something. lol.

Welcome!

• 5 months later...