Hey Guys

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

biggreengiant
Finch

Hey Guys

#1 Postby biggreengiant » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey there guys,
I've been weight lifting since my pre-teens, and now have about 9 years under my belt of serious training. Last year got into a horrible car accident and lost some gains, but you gotta love muscle memory. After my surgery I started living a vegan lifestyle, and I think it helped me recover faster but who knows.

Baby Hercules
Elephant

Re: Hey Guys

#2 Postby Baby Hercules » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:39 pm

biggreengiant wrote:you gotta love muscle memory. After my surgery I started living a vegan lifestyle, and I think it helped me recover faster but who knows.

You come to the game already armed with important knowledge, BGG. Some of us learn by watching others, some of us learn by getting into things like accidents (Groan! Been there!) But now that you have the kind of wisdom people spend their whole lives stockpiling, I've no doubt that your next nine years of weightlifting are gonna blow you--and us--away. Welcome!

Baby Herc
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

biggreengiant
Finch

#3 Postby biggreengiant » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 am

School of the hard knox, huh ahah. Thanks a lot for the reply.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 am

Welcome to the forum!

Glad to know you're back in the game and making gains again.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kareno
Gorilla

#5 Postby kareno » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:36 am

Hi there, and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your accident, but it sounds like you're making a strong recovery, both physically and mentally! Hope you'll start a training journal here and let us all follow your progress! Again, welcome aboard!

biggreengiant
Finch

#6 Postby biggreengiant » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm

kareno wrote:Hi there, and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your accident, but it sounds like you're making a strong recovery, both physically and mentally! Hope you'll start a training journal here and let us all follow your progress! Again, welcome aboard!

thanks, i've been thinking about starting a training journal

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#7 Postby C.O. » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 am

Hi did you ever start a journal? Your story is really great. I bet your healthy diet definitely has contributed to faster healing and muscle re-growth. How have you been since you joined us here in the forum? Things going well?

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”