Hi, Im New Here.....Vegan Now!

MMAHerb

I have been weight training for 6 years now. With in the last two weeks I have changed my eating habits and went Vegan, and I love it. This site is amazing, I have found so much infomation here, it make me excited to continue my lifesyle. As I have been weight training for the last 6 years and have been in martial arts for 17 years, and I still teach MMA today I wanted to find a better way for the one thing I was lacking and that was my diet. Since being Vegan for the last two weeks I have found so many new and exciting foods, I never wanted to try before because I was caught up in the hype about protein, and other foods. Right now i'm 220lbs, 6'1" and musclular and I plan on keeping it. I am looking forward to my new great lifestyle and hope I can help anyone here do the same! Thank you for having such a great site. Look forward to be a part of all of this!

Welcome!

Thanks so much for joining our community! Great to have you here.

Sounds like you've got some great size and muscle. Awesome stuff! Please start an online training journal here so we can follow your progress and see how you train.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Hi there! Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on making the healthy switch to a vegan diet! I agree with you, that it is exciting trying out new foods for the first time! Sometimes I'll go to Whole Foods and make it a point to find and try one new vegetable I've never had (or sometimes even heard of!) before. Kudos to you! I hope you will share your wealth of knowledge with the community at large! Again, welcome!

• 5 months later...

So many MMA guys are going vegan its an excellent and inspiring trend. How have things been going for you? Are you still eating a plant based diet or have you struggled or had issues with it? Has your training improved, as far as recovery time and over all feeling like you have more energy?

-Dylan