Hello, my name is Yosevu

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

yosevuk
Finch

Hello, my name is Yosevu

#1 Postby yosevuk » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:04 am

Hi! I am Kenyan-American currently living/going to school in Seoul, South Korea. After some serious self-examination, I chose to stop eating animals in 2007, summer. The main reason I joined this forum is because I would like to hopefully learn more information about nutrition and bodybuilding, particularly in an environment which is not even vegetarian friendly i.e. Korea.

I also hope to interact and share experiences with anyone who is interested!

Thank you,

Yosevu

jaguar
Rabbit

Re: Hello, my name is Yosevu

#2 Postby jaguar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 am

Hello Yosevu it's nice to meet you, I'm new here too =D
I know a little about Korean vegan food, such as kimchi... I have a great vegan recipe book which includes a Korean section so if you like I can give you some recipes and names of dishes to look out for (I'll have to fetch it back from my friend's house first though!!)
Do you currently do any training or track your food at all?
Enjoy the forum!
Opal

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:32 am

Welcome Yosevu,

Great to have you here!

Thanks for joining the community. Hope you enjoy our group. All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Hey Yosevu, welcome to the group here. Kenyan-American living in Korea! You sound like a very interesting person. I love Korean food but I can relate, especially in the states eating at Korean restaurants often the non-animal options are very limited.
I think you landed in the right place for the information you are looking for. Hope to hear more from you , keep sharing with us.

-Dylan

yosevuk
Finch

#5 Postby yosevuk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 am

jaguar wrote:Hello Yosevu it's nice to meet you, I'm new here too =D
I know a little about Korean vegan food, such as kimchi... I have a great vegan recipe book which includes a Korean section so if you like I can give you some recipes and names of dishes to look out for (I'll have to fetch it back from my friend's house first though!!)
Do you currently do any training or track your food at all?
Enjoy the forum!
Opal

Hi Jaguar, Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate your offer for some recipes and would be glad to try some except I live in the dormitory and cannot cook :( I do weight training and dance and table tennis and I do try to track my nutrition. I've decided to try sprouting actually for my main source of food. What about you, what do you do/eat?

yosevuk
Finch

#6 Postby yosevuk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 am

C.O. wrote:Hey Yosevu, welcome to the group here. Kenyan-American living in Korea! You sound like a very interesting person. I love Korean food but I can relate, especially in the states eating at Korean restaurants often the non-animal options are very limited.
I think you landed in the right place for the information you are looking for. Hope to hear more from you , keep sharing with us.

-Dylan

Hi C.O. :D

Nice to meet you. I guess korean food is more popular than I thought! I love it too, but it can be problematic for a vegetarian if you cannot cook for yourself or go to vegetarian restaurants everyday.

yosevuk
Finch

#7 Postby yosevuk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:51 am

robert wrote:Welcome Yosevu,

Great to have you here!

Thanks for joining the community. Hope you enjoy our group. All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Thanks Robert!

Your vegan bodybuilding and fitness looks interesting... I will have to see if I can find it here.

Return to “Introductions”