Comedian looking for vegan material

C.O.

Hey all, I do stand-up comedy and I'd like to enter into the corp gig world. This means, the dreaded CLEAN MATERIAL. So I would really appreciate if any of you would drop me a line and mention some funny things about being vegan, diet, fitness, etc. Anything ideas or topics or stories I could use to brainstorm with would be great!

Thanks,

-Dylan

Here's a comedy bit I did this summer spoofing Durianrider. Feel free to use any of my jokes. I retired from stand up in 2010 (not that I was anywhere near famous).

Also, I am writing a Mike Tyson impression right now that will be based around his vegan diet. I'll make a video soon and send it along.

hey c.o., Durian rider is a raw vegan triathlete who runs a site called 30bananas a day.He also has a youtube channel which is successful, I believe he is a youtube partner.

And if you don't already you should listen to the Joe Rogan podcast on youtube for learning to be a comedian. 70% of the guests he has on there are comedians and he is too.

Lot's of stories about when they started out in comedy and tips and VERY entertaining.

^playlist of the first 250 of his podcasts ^

I recommend starting out with anyone of them with duncan trussel hes been on the podcast 12 times and is everyones favorite guest even joes.

^duncan trussel podcasts^

Good luck with your comedy and I hope it turns into a successful career ^__^

ps. i know they avg 2 hours each but its worth listening.hard work and dedication is key to everything!

Thanks cold fission. I've been doing comedy for several years. I was just looking for ideas for new material to work on a new "clean" set.

I am very familiar with Joe Rogan and have seen him perform live. I haven't listened to his podcast I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Dylan

The best jokes are stuff people can relate to. I think you should go to a health food store or a gym and observe peoples behavior. You can come up with some good material. For instance I see people park in the handicap space at the gym but yet goes for a jog on the treadmill or take a bootcamp class. I tend to notice that it is very rare to see a fit person naked in the locker room but yet so many out of shape people are walking around the locker room naked.

The gym that I go to doesn't have many tv stations to watch but yet most people are on the cardio machine watching the food network.

jokes about doctor offices are also funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Co,

Got some other ideas for you. You can goof on when you are paying for something and the bill comes out to something like $6.02 and you give the cashier $11.05 so you will get back $5 but the cashier looks so clueless and looks at the cash strangely. Usually you will have to explain to the cashier that you want $5 back.

Does it drive you crazy when a local politician sends you flyers every day. I want to send their flyers back to them with other junk mail so they get the hint to stop sending me junk.

You live on the east coast. It is funny how so many people are at the supermarkets this weekend stocking up on food and water. Meanwhile the health food store has normal traffic volume. Good question for your vegan crowd is what food do they stock up before a storm. What is the essentials. Are they paranoid. Would be an interesting topic to get all involve. Some could be funny.