Help with diet

Hi. I am new to the forum. I have read quiet a bit and even followed one of the meal plans posted on the main site.

The past year i lost about 60lb while working out. Sadly i was starving myself for the most part. I had a car accident a few months ago and was unable to walk for a month and gained 40lb back by the time i could hit the gym again.

I've been working with a trainer 3x a week and doing cardio on the other days but i'm still not losing any weight, i've actually gained even more. I was hoping someone could review my diet and help me out a little with some suggestions. I have also been veggie most of my life but i was always the lazy kind that only ate bad stuff.

Breakfast:

1 scoops of Rice Protein Powder= 60 calories

8oz of almond milk = 60 calories

½ cup of frozen strawberries = 39 calories

two teaspoons of Vitamineral Green = 18 calories

AM snack:

1oz of almonds = 163 cal and 1 mini-box of raisins = 42 calories Snack Total = 205 calories

Lunch:

1 Veggie burger = 130 calories

1 slice of Sprouted Bread ("Ezekial") ---- this is the better choice = 80 calories Meal Total = 210 calories

Mid Afternoon Snack:

1oz of almonds = 163 cal and 1 mini-box of raisins = 42 calories Snack Total = 205 calories

*Workout

Pre/Post Workout Shake:

1 scoops of Rice Protein Powder = 60 calories

8oz of almond milk = 60 calories

½ cup of frozen strawberries = 39 calories

two teaspoons of Vitamineral Green = 18 calories

Dinner:

Seitan = 113 calories or 1 Veggie burger (no bread) = 130 calories

steamed vegetables or spinach salad = about 50 calories

w/ ½ avocado = 161 calories and (balsamic vinaigrette) = 10 calories

Meal Total = 334 – 361 calories

Shake total = 177 calories

Daily Total Calories = 1,308

Hi vegandoll,

What's your height/weight?

A first look at your diet, I would say that you should probably

- try to add more genuine vegetables

- vary from that lunch veggie burger,

- skip the raisins or replace them by grapes as their glycemic Index is higher, they make sure you get hungry quite fast

- bread in addition to a veggie burger doesnt sound too good (I guess it's white bread, isn't it?), if you have too, go for rye or pumpernickel,

- try to add beans, lentils, quinoa, amaranth in your diet and you will surely lean down

Hi Vegandoll,

You need to change your diet pattern include lots of whole grain in your diet. Change your workout technique every week if it's not working. For me cardio exercise are the best exercise to lose your weight. Try squat jumping and side planks some of the effective cardio exercise. I am sure it's gonna work.