much harder to get shredded after 40?

boardn10

I am 42 and spent the last two years bulking up. Right now I am over 230 lbs at over 6'2".

I look at my stomach, and I feel fat but other people see me with my shirt on and think I have little fat.

However, I am used to very little fat so any amount makes me feel chubby

I just look like a fairly big and muscular guy right now.

At 42, I am not sure I should continue packing it on or try to get cut soon.

What do you all think? I feel it gets harder with age.

Well your metabolism is much slower in your 40's than in your 20's but don't let that stop you. There are tons of super fit people in their 60's even some in their 70's and older. There is a marathon runner in her mid 70's that is really impressive.

-Dylan

Well your metabolism is much slower in your 40's than in your 20's but don't let that stop you. There are tons of super fit people in their 60's even some in their 70's and older. There is a marathon runner in her mid 70's that is really impressive.

-Dylan

I totally got ya......but I am fearful I am going to shed too much muscle as I lose fat.

• 3 weeks later...

Just make sure you take in more calories than you burn off. DO you like eating? hahah its one of my favorite pastimes. Oh and make sure you continue to train your upper body. Your legs will stay strong with the running don't forget about your arms, core, back, and shoulders.

Harder, yeah probably a little but purely comes down to diet and nutrition. Your metabolism will be a little slower so bear that in mind with your macros and daily calories. Definately possible though.

BTW, this is me aged 25:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1492

This is me aged 35:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1493

I'm pretty sure at 40 and 45 I'm still going to look fairly similar. Just work out what works for you and be consistent with it