Vegan Curious

Cown

I haven't reintroduced any overhead work yet...I think that will be the last thing I bring back. I really, really miss doing pull ups though lol I can't wait to have them back in my life! haha

I've been seriously neglecting my physio work, for both shoulder and leg...Really gotta get back into that. I see the therapist on wednesday though, I think he's gunna be a little disappointed that I can't do what he prescribed at my last visit.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving! My family sent me home with lots of tofurkey That's one benefit of being the only one eating it lol

Oh, and just thought I'd mention, mostly to you, MiniForklift, that my name is Sam lol Cown is an abbreviated version of my last name that was created in college as part of a joke.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and just thought I'd mention, mostly to you, MiniForklift, that my name is Sam lol Cown is an abbreviated version of my last name that was created in college as part of a joke.

Eh, what do I owe that honour ?! Get back to your physio exercises you slcker, hehe. Good to hear you are limiting the OH stuff, shoulders and backs are terrible things for giving us lifters grief. Just take it easy, maybe eat some cake or something ?!

Eh, what do I owe that honour ?! Get back to your physio exercises you slcker, hehe. Good to hear you are limiting the OH stuff, shoulders and backs are terrible things for giving us lifters grief. Just take it easy, maybe eat some cake or something ?!

Haha I singled you out because you're the one that made me realize no one on here knows my name. Plus, I talk to you more than anyone else on here lol

Don't encourage me to eat cake...that's the last thing I need.

Btw, any opinion on tvp? I've never tried it, but I was thinking I should introduce it into my diet.

TVP is great, definately need to 'sauce' it up as it tends to be a little on the dry side. I use it a fair bit, usually have it with tortellini, pasta or quinoa. Cheap too which is a bonus.

Nobody on here knows my name either haha, you can flick me a friend request on Facebook if you want to find out. Just search for Mini Forklift hehe.

Got in a light workout yesterday on lunch...I'm not sure what's more frustrating; not being able to do anything, or having to hold back so much.

I didn't try anything for back, and no overhead presses or movement of any kind. Blah.

Lateral Raises w/ 10lb DB 10 x 3

Incline Bicep Curls w/ 10lb DB 20 x 2

Tricep Cable Push Downs 20lb - 15 x 3

I thought about doing push ups, or trying bent over BB rows again, but my shoulder felt good/tired and I didn't want to push my luck.

Think I'll go back in tomorrow and do the same thing over again.

Today was physio...My therapist was pretty disappointed, as I expected. He said he had this big to-do list all ready for me I'd rather be doing that list. Based on the movement tests, it seems that I'm worse than at my first visit. So we're going back to the initial light exercises for now and hope that I start improving again, otherwise it's back to the doctor I go..

Much on for the weekend, any wild girls-night-out parties?..

No such exciting things lol I have to work in the morning, then I'm staying at my bosses' place over night to watch their 9 animals while they're gone.

I did another workout yesterday..didn't get much time, I had to rush so I could get back to work because a guy was coming to do maintenance on one of our machines. I did learn, however, that my right shoulder (the one without the rotator cuff injury) isn't as strong as I thought...I wanted to add another shoulder exercise, so I tried front BB raises but it felt kinda weird in my right shoulder... I can pop the joint in and out at will...it doesn't hurt when I do it, but afterwards it's pretty tender. Guess I won't be doing those anymore! lol

What I did do...

Lateral raises w/ 10lb db 10 x 3

Incline bicep curls w/ 10lb db 20 x 2

Front raises w/ 20lb bb x 12

Preacher curls w/ 20lb bb 15 x 2

Cable tricep pull downs w/ 20lb 20 x 2

My boss got a TON of halloween candy for at the reception desk...I'm so screwed lol

Haha, Halloween seems to be quite a big deal in the States am I right?

Not really a big fuss over here, we get the odd trick~or~treaters coming round but that's about it. It's a good excuse to get rid of some of the crap that's built up in our pantry!

Haha In comparison to that, yes, it's a pretty big deal here, but I'm most definitely not in the U.S = P

There's been candy out in the stores here for weeks, and all the bars and such places do big parties...Everyone loves to dress up lol

Quick upper body session yesterday...I did 2 exercises for my back and it's toast today (in a good way!).

Lateral raises w/ 10lb db 10 x 3

Incline bicep curls w/ 10lb db 20 x 3

Tricep cable pull downs w/ 20lb 20 x 2

Reverse pec deck w/ 20lb 12 x 3

Close grip cable rows w/ 20lb 15 x 3

Pushups 15 x 3

The cable rows made my shoulder feel a little sensitive so I was being pretty careful on those, but overall I think it was good. No pain afterwards that wasn't from destroyed muscle haha

If I'm able to keep improving like this, I'll get a set workout plan, but for right now I'm just kinda winging it.

Diet yesterday was terrible, but it was my birthday lol so I'm told it's allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit disappointed that I only got into the gym once this week...I was there on tuesday, and the plan was to go yesterday on lunch as well, but I'm fighting a cold and it's kicking my ass lol I've been exhausted...Passed out cold at 9am last night. Sadly, I won't have time to get back in until next thursday. Work, puppy sitting, and a date tomorrow, then on sunday I leave for a 3 day conference/course in Niagara Falls. Although...maybe the hotel will have a small gym...hmm...

• 2 weeks later...

Got into the gym last thursday and yesterday...still really light and nothing overhead. I'm still scared to try pull ups, too.

My hips (yes, it's both now) are getting worse and worse. Before it was just constant discomfort, but now it's basically pain all the time. Sitting and even walking are getting to be unpleasant. I see the physiotherapist on monday (was supposed to be today, but I had to go into work) and I've made an appt to see the doctor again, but not until the 19th I'm hoping to get xrays done asap and get the ball rolling with a solution to this...

If anyone is interested in a light read, google F.A.I - femoral acetabular impingement, I'm pretty sure that's what my problem is. Only fix is surgery My boss thinks I shouldn't go through with surgery (mostly because we don't think too highly of human doctors), but I can't tolerate this anymore. I'm too sedentary and it hurts too much.

Well this was a cheerful post...lol On a brighter, and completely unrelated note, I'm seeing someone new! haha Fortunately, he goes to the gym and understands my love for it.

Surgery ~ no.

Boyfriend ~ yes.

Good choices haha !!

lol I'm so confused as to whether that's sarcasm...

If surgery is what's needed to get me back to the gym, I'm all for it. I never thought I'd miss cardio so much, but you'd better believe that by this time next year I'm going to be healed, one way or another lol and appreciating every minute I'm on any type of cardio machine.

According to the schedule at work for today and tomorrow, I'm going to have excess time for lunch, so I figure I'll hit the gym both days. Yay

Got to the gym on thursday, but between being extremely sore from that and running on very little sleep, I didn't go on friday.

Thursday was pretty productive, though. I did bench press again...a pathetic 2 sets of 10 with just the bar, but I'm pretty happy that I can comfortably do it at all. Yesterday after work my parents brought my old girl to me to stay permanently, so I've been hanging around the apartment with her this weekend (to clarify, she's my dog..lol).

A friend of mine, who used to be extremely fit, has asked me to help her get involved in the gym...Unfortunately, she lives a few cities away so I can't actually show her things, but I can hassle her via text to make sure she gets to the gym when she says she will, and I'm also setting up a routine for her. Made me feel pretty good to be asked

Well, my PT and doctor are kind of at a loss right now...I'm still getting worse, and they don't know why. To hopefully rule some things out, I'm being sent for xrays and a bone scan, which is to rule out the possibility of a tumour. It sounds scary, but they said they doubt that's my problem...it's very rare at my age to have a bone tumour, and even more rare to have a malignant tumour.

On the bright side, my shoulder is still slowly improving lol I'm gradually increasing quantity of exercises I do in a single gym visit, but not the weight that I'm using. I'm really tempted to try assisted pull ups, but still a little scared.

Tests are done (for now) and I've decided that every department in hospitals should be like the nuclear medicine dept. They were extremely prompt (even early!) and everyone was so, so nice and cheerful. It was a really nice change to the normal hospital staff lol not that they don't have reason to be a little grouchy most of the time. I would be if I dealt with people as much as they do.

I have to wait until Dec. 3rd for my results...it's only just over a week away, but I don't want to wait..lol Even though I don't really think that these tests are going to show anything.

If it wasn't for my hips, I would have been competing this weekend. I keep trucking along because I'm determined to make it to a competition one day. I'd prefer to compete in figure, but if I have to do bikini because my body can't handle the heavy training, then so be it. I will get there eventually!

On the bright side, my work christmas party is tomorrow! My new guy is joining me. My bosses' are sending a limo to pick everyone up, then we go to dinner where they pay for everything, including all the drinks we want, THEN we go back to a party room at a hotel (via the limo) for more drinks, desserts, and secret santa! It's gunna be a good night!

Who's 'the new guy'? Careful when you go back to that party room after a night of fun and free drinks, you don't want to find yourself back at the hospital again in 9 months time lol.

Have a great night anyway, the limo sounds fantastic. Get some photos !!

Lmao! I actually burst out laughing at that. The party room will be filled with my coworkers and my bosses, though lol Oh,and the 'new' guy is the same one I mentioned a few weeks ago, I just don't know what to refer to him as since we're not really in a relationship.

I'll definitely have some pictures! There's no way I'd get dolled up like I am if there wasn't going to be a way to show it off haha