176 x 4

STRETCHES

CONCEPT II ROWER

5mins @ level 10 / 1,040m

SATURDAY 6th OCTOBER

EZ BAR FRENCH PRESS

55 x 10

77 x 6

So does this mean 55 lbs of coffee beans into 10 cups coffee, then 77 lbs into 6 cups?

How was this an exercise? Did you manually grind all the beans and then hold the press up while the coffee was brewing?

Okay, just so I am feeling really good I have decided to tack on an extra heavy week this coming Monday. After that I will deload and take things from there, but overall I'm really happy with my training and confident I can post some good numbers by the time the meet rolls around.

Squats were a concern for a while, but now I'm hitting 242 with 7 weeks to go; my competition raw squat PB is 264 so I reckon I can at least equal that... 275 would be great though. In my first ever powerlifting meet I went 308, but that was with knee wraps so I don't really factor that one in.

I AM READY FOR WAR.

242 is pretty average, squats are my weakest lift. Always thought bench was until I went to a meet and found that a 220+ bench in my weight class is actually quite good lol.

Deadlifts are my strongest lift (video on the previous page), hoping to get close to 430 if all continues to track well. Gotta stay focused as I still get days where I miss the running.

I noticed you're into doing a lot of volume with your exercises as well. I feel like it's a great way to get conditioned leading up to the meet. Do you start to taper off when you get closer to the meet? I'm still new to competing and although the guys at my gym give great advice, I'd like to get some advice from someone that has decently equivalent dietary commitments.

I noticed you're into doing a lot of volume with your exercises as well. I feel like it's a great way to get conditioned leading up to the meet. Do you start to taper off when you get closer to the meet? I'm still new to competing and although the guys at my gym give great advice, I'd like to get some advice from someone that has decently equivalent dietary commitments.

Yeah I do, although thinking about it I don't know if that's a conscious thing... just seems to happen that way for some reason

If you look at some of my sessions I often go in and just squat, or just DL (maybe with one or two ancillary/posterior chain exercises). But yeah lately I've upped the volume a little, I follow a rough training plan but generally train fairly instinctively. Right now for example I'm finding that the weakest part of my lift in the bench and squat is powering back up out of the hole. So I've been looking at things like Bottom~up squats and Dead~stop bench to try and develop a bit more explosiveness. Next time I hit a DL variation it will likely be speed pulls for the same reason.

Congrats on your lifting btw, very impressive. I'll be following along in your journal as you prep for your meet, good luck! Will it be your first one or you've done a few before?

Yeah I do, although thinking about it I don't know if that's a conscious thing... just seems to happen that way for some reason

If you look at some of my sessions I often go in and just squat, or just DL (maybe with one or two ancillary/posterior chain exercises). But yeah lately I've upped the volume a little, I follow a rough training plan but generally train fairly instinctively. Right now for example I'm finding that the weakest part of my lift in the bench and squat is powering back up out of the hole. So I've been looking at things like Bottom~up squats and Dead~stop bench to try and develop a bit more explosiveness. Next time I hit a DL variation it will likely be speed pulls for the same reason.

Congrats on your lifting btw, very impressive. I'll be following along in your journal as you prep for your meet, good luck! Will it be your first one or you've done a few before?

Thank you very much. This will be the second competition that I'll be doing. I train pretty instinctively too. I have the main exercise of the day and then one other main movement (sans deadlift days because I'm doing the Coan Routine right now) and then get in a good amount of accessory stuff. Volume sort of helps me work out the kinks in my technique as well.

Unfortunately there aren't too many exercises that constitute a heavier amount of weight at the bottom of the lifts and I completely feel your pain on that. I was having some problems with being weak off the chest and decided to implement some dumbbell work in conjunction with my dynamic efforts that day and that really helped me out. Do you do many low box squats?

Go get it!

You can count on it Robert

Have been eating really well, pretty clean overall apart from yesterday where I made a massive pizza. Tasted so good I devoured the whole thing.

Last night I just headed to the gym and did so low box squats, trying to develop some more power out of the hole, speed pulls and some deficit deads. Good session, plenty of calories to burn off lol.

SATURDAY 13th OCTOBER

BODYWEIGHT: 140

TRAINING TIME: 5.30pm

DURATION: 50mins

WORKOUT COMMENTS: GOAL WAS GOOD SQUAT REPS WITH 176, ALL ELSE WAS TECHNIQUE

WORKOUT: MEDIUM

RESTING PULSE RATE: 48

APPETITE: GREAT

PRE WORKOUT NUTRITION: Freshly juiced celery, spinach beets & carrot (see pic)

POST WORKOUT NUTRITION: Homemade Pizza (see pic)

PAUSED D.BELL CHEST PRESS

44 x 10

57 x 8

70 x 7

80 x 5

ATG RAW SQUATS (PAUSE AT BOTTOM)

BAR x 8

88 x 6

132 x 6

176 x 8

132 x 8

SPEED PULLS

132 x 10

200 x 10

DEFICIT DL's (PERFORMED AS SINGLE REPS)

176 x 6

242 x 6

308 x 4

311160_10151117787828720_343634617_n.jpg

374 x 3

1000437214_Homemadepizza.jpg.4315ca20040b321326231fa8ca9b85a8.jpg

97472487_Rawjuice.jpg.e778c902d3d3785530a79ba29d421caa.jpg

Hey Mini forklift, can you tell me how the titan singlet works out? I have to grab one for a meet next year!

Seems good, I used it for that session I just posted above. Get it from here, Mike is a great guy to deal with and I've always had fast service with zero problems. Prices are pretty competitive as well

This is the one you'll want to get if it's a raw meet you'll be competing in:

http://www.liftinglarge.com/Titan-Powerlifting-Singlet

** Non supportive singlet for raw meets. Also an excellent non-supportive suit for benching or for deadlifters who prefer non supportive suits

** Cut and manufactured specifically for powerlifting (Not a wrestling singlet)

** Features Comprexx© fabric. Comprexx© provides muscle control compression for active athletes. Athletes muscles keep warm and loose enabling high levels of performance

I got a medium and it fits perfectly ~ there's a size chart at the bottom of the page bud.