Behold the Rovolution

Hey VBB friends, decided to start my training journal in order to keep a record of my progress and also get feedback from those of you with far more experience!

Me:

23 year old male

6 feet tall and weigh 150lbs

I've been vegetarian my entire life and beginning to go vegan

Goal:

Put on size - add some mass to my frame

Build a sculpted body

Enhance my stamina and endurance

Improve flexibility. Had surgery on my meniscus 2 years ago and working on strengthening my legs and increasing flexibility.

Currently:

In School - finished my undergrad and went back

Living on residence - 5 minute WALK away from the gym (so I have no excuse really!)

Been doing a lot of reading about fitness programs and putting on size. I'm working on modifying my diet to increase calorie intake and eating health meals.

Starting a 10 week program (got from bodybuilding.com) based on Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST) + integrating some additional items from Nate Green's book Built for Show.

Feedback & comments are welcomed and encouraged. Looking forward to learning from other vegan bodybuilders and seeing some results!

Edited by rovolution

Oct 4th

sets x reps x weight

Squat

3 x 15 x 115lbs

Leg Curl with Stability Ball

3 x 15

Shrugs

3 x 15 x 105lbs

Cable Wood Chop

3 x 15 x 25lbs *both sides

Side Plank Flies

1 x 20 x 9lbs *both sides

Stretches

General body stretch + working on hip flexors & hamstrings

Oct 11th - getting destroyed by midterms, but made it out to the gym today for an upper body workout

sets x reps x weight

Incline Bench Press

3 x 15 x 65,75,75lbs

Wide Grip Pull

3 x 15 x 70lbs

Dips

3 x 15

One-Arm Rows

3 x 15 x 15lbs

Incline Hammer Curls

3 x 15 x 10lbs

Lying Triceps Extension

3 x 15 x 10lbs

First time I felt like I did a decent workout to my triceps - felt great after...and rewarded myself with a big healthy dinner! I need to work on adding some chest exercises and taking it easy on the chest press - I was barely able to finish the last set on 75, so I might go back to 65 and keep proper form. All the while adding another exercise to target that area.

Hi Robert! Thanks for the welcome! I joined a while ago...but was just a board browser at the time Now i'm definitely serious about getting in shape and looking forward to learning from the community and other journals!

Toronto is awesome as always! I'm actually going to school in Windsor right now. Did you come down to the Toronto Vegetarian Association Food Fair this year? I missed it unfortunately, but it's an awesome event - it's how I learned about this website 2 years ago!

Cheers!

Welcome to the group! Looks like you joined a while back.

All the best with your training goals and your return to leg strength after your surgery.

How are things in Toronto?

Keep after it and have fun training!

-Robert

What time of year is the Toronto Veg food fair? I always wanted to visit that city and it'd be cool to plan it around an event like that.

Also looks like you have a good start to your fitness goals with that workout routine. Keep pushing!

-Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Oct 14th

sets x reps x weight

Squat

3 x 15 x 115lbs

Leg Curl with 26" Stability Ball

3 x 15

Shrugs

3 x 15 x 105lbs

Cable Wood Chop

Side Plank Flies

Stretches

Oct 19

sets x reps x weight

Medicine Ball Squats

1 x 12lbs

Incline Bench Press

3 x 15 x 65,75,75lbs

Wide Grip Pull

3 x 15 x 70lbs

Dips

3 x 15 - really feeling this one...don't know why but they were really difficult to finish

One-Arm Rows

3 x 15 x 25lbs Increased 10lbs!

Incline Hammer Curls

3 x 15 x 15, 10, 10lbs

Lying Triceps Extension

3 x 15 x 10lbs

Oct 24

sets x reps x weight

Warmup Squats

1 x 15 x 45lbs

Squat

3 x 15 x 115lbs

Leg Curl with 26" Stability Ball

3 x 15

Shrugs

3 x 15 x 105lbs

Cable Wood Chop

Side Plank Flies

Stretches

Oct 25

sets x reps x weight

Incline Bench Press

1 x 15 x 65lbs - I have no idea what happened to me on this...maybe it was because I did it as my last exercise, but I just couldn't finish more than one set. I really need to work on my pre-workout nutrition and hydration during workout to keep up stamina and strength.

Wide Grip Pull

3 x 15 x 70lbs

Dips

3 x 15 - Began to find the dips on the Stand difficult, so began to alternative between the stand and using a bench to do shoulder dips

One-Arm Rows

3 x 15 x 25lbs Increased 10lbs!

Incline Hammer Curls

3 x 15 x 15, 10, 10lbs

Lying Triceps Extension

3 x 15 x 10lbs

Hey Dylan! The food festival is usually the first week of September! Their website for more information is festival.veg.ca - check it out! The city is pretty awesome to visit around that time - the weather is awesome and the festival is usually hosted on the harbourfront!

Thanks for the feedback on the routine Much appreciated!

What time of year is the Toronto Veg food fair? I always wanted to visit that city and it'd be cool to plan it around an event like that.

Also looks like you have a good start to your fitness goals with that workout routine. Keep pushing!

-Dylan