Greetings from Australia

Ajax83

Hi all,

My name is Andrew. I'm 29 and I live in Melbourne.

Last year I tried going vegan, and true to my form I just rushed in blind and had to go back to a vegetarian diet because of health problems. So now I'm taking my time and looking at all the nuritional information I can get and am slowly making changes to my diet. Hopefully, within a few months (given everything else that's going on in my life), I'll be feasting on animal free cuisines.

I've been pretty inactive in the exercise department for several years, but I feel that I've reached a stage where it's time I got my physical health completely handled. I will probably never go into competative bodybuilding, but I am interested in body sculpting, although right now, to be completely honest, I'm just trying to get throught a basic workout without the overwhelming nausea.

I will be posting again in the General Fitness section (if that's the correct section) about what I'm trying to achieve, and I hope (and very much appreciate) if you guys would take the time to give me some feedback.

I'm really excited about being part of this community and I hope that I can bring something positive to your experience of it too.

Thanks a bunch,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, welcome to the group. I love Melbourne I visited there last year. I would suggest creating and keeping a fitness log in the journals section. You should check out others for examples of how its done best. I wouldn't use mine as an example though, its way too wordy and I rarely post actually numbers. I think posting numbers like keeping track of reps and exercises is a great way for you to track your progress.

-Dylan

Good to see you on here Andrew, no reason you can't start a journal on here as well like Dylan mentioned. I have a journal on here and the other is on the MD forums, both are the same but the bonus is you obviously get different comments, reactions and suggestions between the two. Check out some of the journals on here and you can start to get a feel of how people lay things out.

I'm across the ditch, Christchurch NZ. Good to see some more people from the Southern Hemisphere !!

@ Dylan: Neither. I do it by hand in a notebook. I'm a bit old fashioned that way; I like the feeling of writing it all down.

@Mini Forklift: I currently have 5 weeks left of classes at Uni, so I'm focusing on that for now. Next year I'll be doing only one subject (my last one - FINALLY!!!), so when I'm done in a few weeks I'm really going to devote some time to planning all this out and I think I will start a journal on here too. What's the MD forum?

Andrew