Help with nutrition: iron deficient and low energy

Hi!

I've been vegan for almost 2 years now, it's been tough lately because I'm in grad school and working, and now I am having low energy levels and I'm iron deficient (not anemic). Just ordered some Vega products to help make it easier to get the nutrition I need.

My main problems:

1. Low iron

2. Low energy

3. gained 10 lb, and having a hard time losing it

4. My husband is having the opposite problem, lost 20 pounds, having a hard time eating enough to maintain/gain muscle mass. Makes it hard to meal plan since I'm the one doing basically all of the cooking

I was trying to decrease my carb intake and up my protein, but having a hard time doing that without straight eating tofu/tempeh every day (can't have too much seitan because too much gluten upsets my stomach).

Most carbs come from veggies, beans, lentils (unless i"m really bad and indulge in my sweet tooth).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS. Is there a thread here for the females? No offense guys, but would love to easily see what the ladies are up to.

I would check out the journals section and you can see specifically what a lot of the ladies here on this forum are doing as far as eating and workouts.

Also I have started a side business of meal planning and am offering a highly discounted rate for members of this forum as I get started. I am working with 4 individuals currently.

If interested please private message me on here or you can email me at [email protected] for more information.

-Dylan