What type of diet to start on

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

ozjay
Rabbit

What type of diet to start on

#1 Postby ozjay » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am

Hi All,
I have been vegan for almost a year now after a few failed attempts it's for good now. I am about to start training but i am wondering about the type of diet i should follow. I have a bit of a big gut right now, should i follow one of the bodybuilding diets which have seem to be geared for bulking up, or should i look for a weight loss diet, if so can i still gain muscle mass or should i lose my gut first and then start body building.

Thanks for any help
ozjay

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: What type of diet to start on

#2 Postby C.O. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Sounds like you want to burn fat. As you build muscle your metabolism will increase and the weight will come off faster. I wouldn't start by bulking if you are trying to work on losing your gut though, that wouldn't make sense.
I recently started a side business of building fitness based meal plans. I wouldn't charge you hardly anything because you are a forum member here and I am just getting started, I've only had 3 clients so far.
Private message me if interested.

And welcome to the group,

-Dylan

ryansmith
Rabbit

#3 Postby ryansmith » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:37 am

What do you want to do lose a weight? or you want to build a muscle. I am confused :-?

ozjay
Rabbit

#4 Postby ozjay » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 am

I want to build muscle , but have a bit of a gut to get rid of and am not sure if i should be doing only cardio until i get rid of my gut before lifting weights , and eating a muscle gaining diet

stcalico
Manatee

#5 Postby stcalico » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 am

As a 'beginner' you may be able to do both (lose weight & gain muscle) at the same time.. for a short time anyway. Just get started!

Here is an article about how to lose belly fat. :)
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”