calories

Pacgirl

hi everibody!

im new on bodybuilding and first of all would like to loose some fat

i have been reading about the amount of food you eat and i cant believe you eat that much without getting fat!

my experience tells me that if i eat little more than 1300 calories a day my jeans wont fit in a week, and i train at least 3 times a week

i dont know what im doing wrong!

maybe the comparision is not useful because im a 1,56 m , 51 kg girl, maybe because of my size i have to eat very little and im not used to it !

this week i will pay attention to the amount of protein im taking, i will also try to eat more tofu instead of lentils and chickpea in order to get less calories

any advice?

(sorry my english sucks)

hi everibody!

im new on bodybuilding and first of all would like to loose some fat

i have been reading about the amount of food you eat and i cant believe you eat that much without getting fat!

my experience tells me that if i eat little more than 1300 calories a day my jeans wont fit in a week, and i train at least 3 times a week

i dont know what im doing wrong!

maybe the comparision is not useful because im a 1,56 m , 51 kg girl, maybe because of my size i have to eat very little and im not used to it !

this week i will pay attention to the amount of protein im taking, i will also try to eat more tofu instead of lentils and chickpea in order to get less calories

any advice?

(sorry my english sucks)

Hi Pacgirl, It isn't all about calories in vs calories burned. That is a huge myth. The quality of food is very important. If you eat a large amount of nutrient dense foods, your body will be satisfied quicker and you will likely consume less food. But foods that have high nutrient density, meaning they have a lot of micronutrients versus the number of calories, also require more energy to extract those nutrients.

First thing is to forget protein. You are getting plenty.

I am not sure if your stats are correct? You are 1.56m and 51kg? That gives you are BMI of 21 which is low normal. If you are that thin and you have fat you want to shed, you need to do so by exercising. I would actually recommend you eat much more food and exercise at least an hour a day. HIIT is one of the best methods of burning fat, and it will also tone and build muscle. When you exercise, you are telling your body that more muscle and less fat are needed for increased performance.

Good luck

thank you so much PittyLove !! I will read about HIIT and give a try,

and yes, those are my numbers, i dont have any muscle, i have small bones (i look like a 11 years litlle boy!), but have lots of fat specially in my legs, i know people who have my size and they weight more and look less fat than me,

lets see what happens!

Hi Pacgirl,

Yes, definitely sounds like you need more exercise and more calories, not less. A lot of people think that little of no exercise means their bodies won't create muscle, but in reality, little or no exercise cause your muscles to actually reduce in size. You need enough resistance exercise to convince your body that you need more muscle. If you only diet and lose fat and weight, then you body will also give up muscle because less weight means a need for less muscle for the same activity level. HIIT will provide you with a lot of cardio plus it is also good for muscle building of the lower extremities in particular. Resistance training with weight for the upper body should also be included, but I would start with cardio first and get your body used to the extra stress. Work your way up until you can do HIIT and then add in resistance training.

And I would trade lentils or chickpeas for tofu. Lentils and chickpeas are both whole foods with a much higher nutrient density than tofu. Tofu is processed and I don't consider it nearly as healthy as whole soy beans or any other bean.