Leangains Cut - macros advice for a vegan diet

Hi, I'm about to try the leangains approach but am having trouble figuring out how I can get my macros in in the required amounts.

I'm doing a cut of +10%/-35%kCal 2200kCal/1300kCal and have calculated the following macros:

Training: P170/F30/C255

Rest: P170/F60/C40

Thing is, I'm not sure how I can cope on 40g of carbs on rest days. I eat such a vast amount of fruit alone that skyrockets my carb intake up. I understand I'll have to limit this but my only worry is bad nutrition because of such a restricted diet (fruit+veg wise). My usual protein sources, chickpeas, lentils, quinoa etc., are all high in carbs. The only thing I know that's low in carbs is tofu and to get 170g protein I'll have to eat buckets of it - I just can't live on 4 blocks of tofu alone a day, that alone can't be healthy.

So what can I do? Should I be adapting my macros, as they are intended for a meateater? Will having high carbs detrimentally affect me?

Hopefully someone with leangains experience can chime in.

Thanks in advance!

• 8 months later...

try searching those key words in the upper right hand corner of the forum in the search and posting your questions on other people's threads that are talking about it if you dont find what you are looking for on their pages.

-Dylan

• 5 weeks later...

I too have been struggling with the idea of eating low carb and keeping the protein up as well. I'm going to start a "cutting" diet in a few weeks. I'm guessing I will be using a lot of protein supplements. But I will run into the problem of high carb fruit smoothies, or foul tasting, gritty protein shakes. If you come up with anything new, give a shout. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, are you planning on eating 2200kcal on workout days, and only 1300 on rest days?? That seems really low. Especially for trying to get 170g protein in that range.