Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday Oct 22

Hahahah my back to normal idea went out the flipping window after breakfast!!! Morning snack an hour late, lunch an hour late, afternoon snack was a toss up between chips and salsa and poptarts... I ate chips and salsa, got off work an hour late and barely made it to the trainer on time where in the middle of training I had to wolf down my banana and protein shake to help fuel me since I didn't get to eat dinner. Client home and only reason meals should be late but not missed now will be because I am in the middle of tending to her needs... Worn out so I didn't do my pm cardio.

Chest

Push ups: 3 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell incline press: 35 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 10 reps (trainer has to help me get the dumbbells up in the air but after that it is all me until I am on my last couple reps. Loving getting stronger)

Dumbbell chest fly: 2 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Push ups: 2 sets 20 reps, 2 sets 15 reps

Ball crossover: 3 sets 30 reps

Bench leg lifts: 3 sets 20 reps

Ok woke up with a case of the drops... It was like everything I picked up I dropped!!! Don't feel strong today but that is due to lack of food yesterday. Glad it was calves day!!!

AM cardio: 20 min step mill fat burner program lvls 5-9 (upped the level on the slower parts to make them faster and on the faster parts slowed down cause damn it gets fast!!!)

Calves single leg only

Standing calf raise: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

Seated calf raise: 3 sets 35 lbs 20 reps

Donkey calf raise : 3 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

1/2c soy milk

Breakfast

2 tbsp pumpkin puree

1/2c dry oats cooked in water

1c soy milk

1 tbsp agave

2 tsp cacao powder

1 tsp cinnamon

Morning snack

1 honeycrisp apple

2 slices Ezekiel flax bread

1 tbsp fresh ground peanut butter

Ok not going to lie.... has been a difficult week at work. Doing good to maintain my weight at 178 (would love it to be lower), not binge which I end up doing cause I still haven't learned how to deal with stress at work especially now since I can't leave to go for a run or something, lift heavy and get all my cardio in. I am also very exhausted this week and I am glad next week is my "recovery" week which is lighter weights higher reps. I need to really find the time to post all my workouts.... Had a dinner date with a friend last night and it was good to get some girl time we went out for sushi. I got an order of edamame and tofu skins (hollowed out tofu pocket stuffed with rice and sesame seeds) and a side of vegetables. My day 1 day off this week will be spent volunteering for a 5k obstacle course which a friend is running, making a mad dash to a bodybuilding show to cheer on a friend and for my friend running the race to decide if he wants to compete on stage and then make an appearance at a Halloween party.... really??? I will be short on sleep cause I have to be at work by 8am Sunday morning....... Oh well I guess I will just crash super hard Sunday night after Once Upon a Time lol

Aww diva i don't do much really. Just eat to live, train like hell, cheat daily and start the next day all over again. Finally getting it through my head to eat what i want but in moderation. When its time to cut then i will be critical of my eating. All these yummy fall flavors are not going to be missed by me!

Diet won't be up to par today but then again I won't be at home, around a fridge or even a microwave or stove. That's right kiddos today I will be volunteering for a 5k obstacle course. Packed a vega all in one packet, vega protein bar, PB sammy, thai sesame peanut wrap, apple, 4 servings of protein powder and sweet chili sprouted tortilla chips. That doesn't include dinner which will be on the way to a BB show where I will have dark chocolate and wine with a friend who is competing.... well after she is done and can enjoy a little indulgence

I wish the gym was open!! To damn cold and dark to go for a run. Tired and slightly sore from standing around shivering yesterday at the run I volunteered for but wouldn't change any of it. The BB show was awesome! My yoga instructor swept all of figure open, masters and overall. I think my workout partner is really leaning towards the board short category but still has some thinking to do on it

2049106767_gymbuds.jpg.b4e1871a9df000012a0f08c4c7e7a35d.jpg

Thanks man. I actually love to look at pics of the new me and sharing them. Granted I still love being behind the camera it is getting much easier to be in front of it now. The main reason I posted this pic today was because I needed a reminder close by of what I am striving so hard for... just to compete and prove to myself that I can do something, not quit and not be the person I used to be at 270.....

You really have come a long way, but you still have some distance to go. I know from personal experience that one can look at the progress one has made and the feeling of accomplishment takes away from what still needs to be done. That is a bigger risk right now that the very difficult task of reverting to your former self. Do not settle yet! I am watching you!

Trust me reverting is not an option. My eye is still on the long term and know I still have a long road ahead of me. It is now a matter of getting my work stress level under control which will get my binging under control but when I can go running or even zone out to clear my head it makes it super hard.

AM cardio: 20 min treadmill starting speed 2.8 ending speed 5.2 starting incline 15% ending incline 0%

Quads

Leg extensions: 45 lbs 20 reps, 60 lbs 15 reps, 60 lbs 15 reps, 75 lbs 10 reps

Squat: 75 lbs 15 reps, 95 lbs 12 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps

Leg press: 270 lbs 15 reps, 300 lbs 12 reps, 360 lbs 10 reps, 400 lbs 8 reps

Leg extension: 3 sets 75 lbs 20 reps

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1/2c oats

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1c soymilk

Snack

2 slices ezekiel bread

1 tbsp PB

1 honeycrisp apple

Lunch

1 packet all in 1 vega

Mock raw chiken salad

1 serving sweet chili sprouted tortilla chips

4 quinoa crispbread

Dinner

2oz brown rice noodles

2 servings tofu

1/2c marinara sauce

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

1 banana

1 orange

1/4c pineapple

1 tbsp hemp oil

Chest

Superset

Pushups: 4 sets 20 reps

Reverse crunch: 4 sets 20 reps

Superset

Band fly: 4 sets 15 reps

Woodchops: 4 sets 15 reps

Superset

Pushups: 4 sets 20 reps

Spider man:4 sets 20 reps

I forgot to mention my afternoon snack was 1/3c raw pumpkin seeds and an orange. The scale showed i either had to much or i had to much salt. I think it is both lol. I actually did soak my oats so they are ready, coffee pot just needs started and i forgot to pack my lunch last night... I tried my hand at making seitan but looks more like dumplings lol. 1/2c oats, 1tbsp whole flax seed, 1c soy milk and a tsp vanilla. Before i left for the gym i drizzled on some agave and sprinkled on cinnamon. Never had cold oatmeal before.....

I started thinking about adding in HIIT cardio 3 days a week but do it twice a day on those days. Need to work on blasting some fat off this body. From what I have read it won't hurt my muscle mass so it is worth a try. Especially since 2 of the days a week are long boring days at work so will help me with a nice afterburn while I am stuck inside not able to go out or do anything. I should be able to go back to doing yoga this week thank god! I wish I could nap today but will just get to bed early tonight. My boxer decided that during the night she was going to whine and scratch at her kennel door to get out. She just wanted to snuggle with me and my basset.

AM cardio: 15 min step mill weight loss program starting lvl 5 ending lvl 8

Calves

Seated calf raise: 3 sets 45 lbs 30 reps

Standing calf raise: 3 sets 60 lbs 30 reps

3 way leg press calf raise: 3 sets 110 lbs 30 reps

Bench leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats

1c soy milk

1 tbsp whole flaxseed

1 banana

2 tsp agave

cinnamon

Morning snack

2 slices ezekiel bread

1 tbsp peanut butter

1 honeycrisp apple

1c soy milk

Edited by Synny667

Lunch

4.70oz homemade seitan

1c broccoli

1 small baked sweet potat

cinnamon

1 tsp garlic chili sauce

1 tbsp rice vinegar

Afternoon snack

4.70oz homemade seitan

1c broccoli

1 small baked sweet potato

cinnamon

1 tsp garlic chili sauce

1 tbsp rice vinegar

Supper

1.75 oz mung bean noodles

1/2c marinara sauce

Post workout

1 banana

2 scoops protein powder

Yes I got ahead of myself but once I get home tonight I will be passing out early so I can get yet another early start. Didn't want to forget my meals my workouts I can always input in later