Need some help with my diet

So I've come to a bit of a standstill lately and my self diagnosis is that I need more fat in my diet. I have always been a super skinny guy and I think my results of the first year of working out have been from toning up. Now I need to put more weight on to build more muscle. I think I must have a very high metabolism because it is very hard for me to put weight on. I have posted below an example of what I eat on a typical day and maybe you can give some input.

Bear in put I haven't really created this diet from any knowledge of diet plans. It just happens to be what I eat. I only changed a few small aspects of my diet when I started working out so thats why I need the help.

Breakfast:

Porridge with soy milk, Soy yoghurt on top and a banana (or other pieces of fruit)

11.00am

Brown rice and vegetables or cous cous and vegetables or spinach salad, a few pieces of fruit.

2.00pm

Salad with various leafy greens - spinach, various lettuce, rocket etc. Plus onions tomatoes sesame seeds, black onion seeds and a stick of celery

Big dinner!

Fried potatoes and pizza with naan bread or curry with tofu or quorn schnitzels with broccoli and peas etc etc.

Bear in mind all these meals are big and i also snack throughout the day mainly on fruit but also on nuts (almonds, pistachio's, sunflower seeds).

So there you go. Looking at it written down like that it seems quite measly :S

So hopefully you can help a bit.

I ussually work out after breakfast so that second meal is my post workout dish.

Can you help?

• 4 weeks later...

It appears you are eating fairly healthy and you eat a good amount of vegetables and fruit. To increase calorie/fat intake, nuts/seeds/nut-seed butters is a good way to go, but it appears you are already eating them now.

But if you aren't gaining the weight you desire, then you simply must eat more.(since you are already working out ) So you may want to increase the nuts/seeds even more, maybe try some avocados as well. You may just have to play with it and keep increasing your intake until you start gaining the weight you want.

• 3 weeks later...