1.75 oz mung bean noodles

1/2c marinara sauce

Post workout

24oz Bananarama smoothie with double protein

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Active rest day today so will hit up some step mill after work and maybe help my buddy out on his workout lol. Think on rest days I will drop some extra calories and protein since I won't be as active as normal days. So instead of 2 double protein shakes I will have 1 and instead of pb sammy, apple and soy milk I will opted for pumpkin seeds, orange and soy milk saving me 129 calories not to mention cutting back on the carbs but adding healthier fats and same amount of protein.

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats

1c soy milk

1 tsp cacao powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 tbsp whole flaxseed

1 banana

2 tsp agave

Soaked in fridge overnight

Morning snack

1/4c raw pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

1c soy milk

Nov 1

Lunch

4.65 oz homemade seitan

1 small baked sweet potato

1c broccoli

roasted butternut squash, onions, carrots and red potatoes (just kinda munched to sample my work for my client's daughter who had never had butternut squash before and she loves it)

Afternoon snack

4.65 oz homemade seitan

1c broccoli

Supper

1.75oz mung bean noodles

1/2c spaghetti sauce

Post workout/ evening snack

2 scoops protein powder

1 banana

Oct 31

Legs

TKE: 3 sets 20 reps

Squats: 65 lbs 20 reps, 85 lbs 15 reps, 85 lbs 15 reps, 135 lbs 12 reps

Lunge/squat: 4 sets 15 reps (walking lunge, walking lunge, squat count as 1 rep)

Superset

Step ups: 4 sets 15 reps

RDL: 45 lbs 15 reps, 65 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 85 lbs 15 reps

Offically signed up for 2 5k runs Nov 17 and Dec 15....

AM cardio: 50 min yoga, 14 min HIIT elliptical, 20 min treadmill booty lifter

Triceps

Rope pushdown: 60 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps

Overhead DB press: 20 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps

Superset

Bench dips: 4 sets 15 reps

Kickbacks: 2 sets 12.5 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Bench leg lifts: 3 sets 20 reps

Russian twists: 3 sets 6 lbs 30 reps

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats

1c soy milk

1 tbsp whole flax seed

1 banana

1 tsp cacao powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

vanilla

Morning snack

1/4c pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

Lunch

5 oz homemade seitan

1c broccoli

Gravy (cornstarch, water, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic powder)

So yesterday we got to train at the trainer's new studio!!! It is so nice not being watched and we can joke around and have fun! The old studio was shared with sports conditioning guys and the looks we got weren't always the greatest. My sister feels much more comfortable now and I bet she will start doing better . Woke up completely famished this morning. Have been up for about an hour and finally eating breakfast. Wish the gym was open so I could do some running training for my 5k runs. It is to dark and I live in the 16th most dangerous city to live in even though it is a suburb I won't go out while it is dark. The crime is starting to trickle my direction and my dogs wouldn't protect me as they are people lovers...... So will wait for tonight and hit the mill for boring run. Have decided I need to drop some weight before my run so hoping to get back down to at least in the 160's. So all refuel days are on hold until after race day which is going to be tough but need to start practicing self control. So far so good since last weekend I was about 184 I am down to 177.2 (with all the running around and lack of exercise and bad food choices and beers, I paid the price).

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats

1 tbsp whole flax seed; freshly ground up

1 tsp cacao powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1c soy milk

1 banana

Morning snack

1/4c pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

Lunch

2 servings tofu

1/4c brown rice cooked in water

1c mixed veggies

Snack

2 servings tofu

1/4c brown rice cooked in water

1c mixed veggies

Dinner

nothing i forgot

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

1 small fuji apple

Edited by Synny667

new studio sounds great! My trainer-buddy and I are the only women who lift heavy at the gym (and who stay in there for a considerable length of time), we have a reputation for being the two loudest grunters. People have often asked if we get 'looks' from other people but to be honest I've never really noticed as my friend and I just talk to each other and do our own thing and don't look much at others. But last week she went on her own and told me she really did notice the 'looks' and it wasn't comfortable!

Yeah everyone thinks by workout buddy and I are dating or should be dating.... Last night I ran in my new running shoes on the treadmill, which is the last time I will use it until after I run my first 5k, and they felt good. Today I will try my hand at a 5k route I found which will include hills. I gave myself a goal to get back down into the 160s by the time I go do this 5k well I am almost there! I am made my second batch of seitan interested to see how this batch turns out. I ended up rolling it out some to help get some air out. Next week I think I will just make it a log and slice it after it is cooked.

Breakfast

2 mashed bananas

1/2c dry oats

1c soy milk

1 tbsp whole flax seed

1/4tsp cinnamon

1tsp cacao powder

Morning snack

1 naval orange

1/4c pumpkin seeds

Lunch

2 scoops protein

1 spicy Thai sesame peanut wrap

1 serving sweet spicy sprouted tortilla chips

Afternoon snack

1c cereal

1c soy milk

Supper

1 serving Miso soup (2 servings per pot: 2 servings tofu, 8 baby bella caps, green onion, dulse flakes, water, vegetable broth and 2 tsp miso paste added to bowl)

Cardio: run walk to and from shopping center 30 min steady pace elliptical resistance 40

I guess I went a lil overboard on the sodium yesterday without even realizing it but my legs felt stronger during my workout! I could feel the bloat in my abs and feet but that is starting to go away as I keep drinking water and moving around. Once I get some coffee going in me that will help some too.

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1 banana

1/2c oats

1 tbsp whole flax seed freshly ground

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp cacao powder

1c soy milk

Morning snack

1 naval orange

1/4c pumpkin seed

AM cardio: HIIT recum bike 14 min

Quads

Leg extension: 75 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 12 reps 105 lbs 10 reps, 120 lbs 8 reps

Squat: 85 lbs 12 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps, 135 lbs 8 reps, 155 lbs 6 reps

Hack squat: 90 lbs 15 reps, 110 lbs 12 reps, 130 lbs 10 reps, 150 lbs 8 reps

Leg press: 270 lbs 12 reps, 360 lbs 10 reps, 450 lbs 8 reps, 500 lbs 6 reps

Leg extension: 90 lbs 12 reps, 105 lbs 10 reps, 120 lbs 8 reps, 135 lbs 6 reps

Lunch

2.70 oz seitan

1c broccoli

Afternoon snack

2.85 oz seitan

1c broccoli

Supper

1.75 oz mung bean noodles

1/2c spaghetti sauce

Post workout

32 oz double protein banana smoothie made with almond milk

PM cardio: .66 mile run with dogs (was getting dark to fast to go farther and basset wanted to start sniffing everything)

Chest

Push ups:3 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell bench: 35 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 9 reps (PB!!)

Smith incline: 50 lbs 14 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 80 lbs 4 (shoulder felt uncomfortable)

Pec fly: 30 lbs 15 reps, 55 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 55 lbs 10 reps

Knee raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Ball crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

That time of month is a cold hearted MF!!!!! I swear aside from the extra large simple smoothie I put weight on..... bloating, no bm, swollen legs. I know I can't trust the scale this week but damn I need to get into the 160s for this run cause I know it will ultimately feel better on my body!!!! Went to go vote and lord the parking lot was FULL!!! Will go before work during the lull time and will be glad when this day is over... I am tired of this election and the mud slinging and all the hateful messages floating around. I kinda want to find a deserted island and stay there.

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1/2c oats

1c soy milk

1 banana

1 tsp cacao powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

splash of vanilla

Morning snack

1/4c pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

AM cardio: 20 min elliptical steady pace resistance 40

Calves

Free standing calves: 4 sets 20 reps

Seated calf raise:4 sets 115 lbs 15 reps

Standing calf raise: 2 sets 120 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 135 lbs 15 reps

Stressful day that is all there is to say.... My buddy is glad I am off my recovery week cause he is trying to kill me!!!!!

PM cardio: steady pace elliptical 23 min resistance 40

Biceps

Dumbbell alternating curls: 22.5 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 17.5 lbs burnout, 20 lbs ez bar burnout (workout buddy thought I should do 2 burnouts.....)

EZ bar curl: 50 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 80 lbs 8 reps

Superset (buddy's idea)

Bisolator: 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps, 90 lbs 8 reps, 100 lbs 8 reps

Concentration curls: 15 lbs 12 reps, 15 lbs 10 reps, 17.5 lbs 8 reps, 17.5 lbs 8 reps

Incline crunch: 5 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps

Side bends: 3 sets 45 lbs 20 reps each side

Lunch

3 oz seitan

1c broccoli

Afternoon snack

3 oz seitan

1c broccoli

Supper

nibbled on maple glazed brussels sprouts

bite of brown sugar cinnamon unfrosted pop tart

Post workout

2 scoops protein

1 fuji apple

You know you are in for one of those days when you can't get your alarm clock turned off..... Going to do my best to keep a positive attitude even though I know it will be met with tons of resistance today at work. My morning workout felt awesome but wished I had a spotter for a lift so I could of went heavier....

AM cardio: 25 min step mill lvl 5 weight loss program, 55 min yoga

Shoulders

Seated dumbbell shoulder press: 27.5 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 35 lbs 10 reps (wanted to go for 40 but couldn't quite get the dumbbells up and needed a spotter)

Machine delt raise: 4 sets 15 lbs 10 reps

Arnold press: 17.5 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt raise: 7.5 lbs 15 reps, 10 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 10 reps

Weighted bosu crunch: 3 sets 1- lbs 30 reps

Bench leg lifts: 3 sets 30 reps

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1/2c oats

1 banana

1c soy milk

1 tsp cacao powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 tbsp whole flax seed

Morning snack

1/4c pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

My morning workout felt awesome but wished I had a spotter for a lift so I could of went heavier....

Yes! I know this all too well! I miss my workout partner!

Great attitude on knowing there is going to be resistance in your life for the day. Somedays, you just wish you had a spotter for that too!

Work was work today. Had an accident that caused a bit of a problem but I got that cured. Aunt Flo wasn't playing nice.....

Lunch

3.6 oz seitan

1c broccoli

pineapple

Afternoon snack

3.65 oz seitan

1c broccoli

2 oreos (sweet tooth would not go away but this really helped calm it down and was a better option than a pop tart since I ate all the pineapple lol)

Supper

1.75 oz mung bean noodle

1/2c spaghetti sauce

2 dates

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

1 apple

PM cardio: 20 min step mill speed interval (played with different levels still trying to find my sweet spot)

Legs/hamstrings

Leg extension: 3 sets 60 lbs 15 reps

Squat:85 lbs 12 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps, 155 lbs 8 reps, 190 lbs 6 reps, 205 lbs 6 reps

High step ups: 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 10 reps

Walking dumbbell lunges: 4 sets 30 lbs 10 reps

Single legs RDL: 2 sets 35 lbs 10 reps

Felt pretty damn strong with my legs tonight. Just need to get to the point I can do a deep squat without my knees feeling super tight. Tomorrow is an active rest day so will probably take a run in the morning and then do incline treadmill to work my glutes more. Need to start filling that in more lol. I think tomorrow I might switch up my morning snack to half a PB sammy and apple and use the orange in the evening with a protein shake. And it is almost time to start stocking up on beans for the winter. If only I could tolerate the taste of chickpeas.....

I am feeling that last set of squats this morning. My trainer has never complained about my form on squatting just tries to get me to squat deeper. My workout buddy seems to think i am not pushing myself hard enough since apparently my legs are stronger than his. I was surprised i could hold 205! I know i can deadlift it which i haven't done in a while. Last night i got a surprise message from my oldest nephew and he actually told me he loves me and was wondering how i was doing and that he posted a pic on Facebook for me. It was a deer squatting down and said hey vegetarian, my food poops on your food. Gotta love family members

Looking at a diet change up again..... seitan is constipating me hardcore and even stool softners and laxatives aren't helping. Will stop and pick up a couple cans of no added salt beans and bags of salad to finish out the week. Was really hoping I had my gluten sensitivity under control but oh well will go back to having it as an occasional treat so it doesn't cause this issue anymore. Will toss out the seitan I have made so I am not tempted to eat it.

Breakfast

1/2c oats

2 bananas

1c soy milk

1 tbsp flax seed

1 tsp cacao powder

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Morning snack

1/4c pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

Lunch

half butternut squash roasted

1 baked sweet potato with maple syrup and cinnamon

1c black soy beans

2c mixed baby greens

1 fuji apple

Cranberry vingerette

pecan pieces

Snack

half roasted butternut squash

1 baked sweet potato with maple syrup and cinnamon

1c black soy beans

2c mixed baby greens

dressing

1 fuji appl

pecan pieces

1/2c brussels sprouts

Dinner

2 scoops protein powder

Post gym

2 scoops protein powder

Kind of a off day. Was hungry so went with it but confident I did good. Figured a little maple syrup (real stuff not fake) wouldn't kill me. Had every intention of running but my buddy took his time training tonight so by the time he was done I was pooped and to sore still from last night. Will hit cardio up good tomorrow though. Probably won't eat like that again lol!! Tomorrow I will cut out the squash, brussels sprouts, an apple and syrup.

My phone rang in the middle of the night and I didn't hear it.... pretained to work and all hell is breakin loose here. I am ready for a vacation even if I lose money!!!!! Running this morning felt like an epic fail but then I started thinking about it and realized it can't be an epic fail as long as I did it knowing that there are so many others that don't even try! It was a little to cool and my lungs were not happy after the run so I might have to remember to take something to help keep me a tad warmer around the nose and mouth area which luckily I have!!!!

AM cardio: 2.98k run/walk in 23 min..... 50 min yoga

triceps

Tbar pushdown: 40 lbs 12 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 60 lbs 8 reps

Skullcrushers with dumbbell: 40 lbs 12 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 60 lbs 8 reps

Reverse grip pushdowns: 60 lbs 12 reps, 70 lbs 10 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 8 reps

Kickbacks: 15 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps

Bosu cruch: 10 lbs 30 reps, 10 lbs 30 reps, 10 lbs 30 reps

Cross toe touch: 3 sets 30 reps each toe

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

Breakfast

1c Optimum slim low fat vanilla Nature's path cereal

1c soy milk

Morning snack

1/4c pumpkin seeds

1 naval orange

No more Ms Nice Nancy at work!!! I was drill instructor and wasn't putting up with any crap today. Of course orders were barked at me and I smarted off with you know you will get farther with sugar and spice and everything nice ya know....

Lunch

1c black soybeans

2c mixed baby salad greens

1/2 apple

7 pecan halves

2 tbsp raspberry walnut vinaigrette

1 small baked sweet potato with maple syrup and cinnamon

Afternoon snack

1c black soybeans

2c mixed baby greens salad

1/2 apple

8 pecan halves

2 tbsp raspberry walnut vinaigrette

1 small baked sweet potato with maple syrup and cinnamon

Supper

1.75oz mung bean noodles

1/2c spaghetti sauce

Post workout

2 scoops protein powder

PM cardio: none

Back

Lat pulldown: 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps, burnout set starting at 100 lbs down to 50 lbs....

Back extensions: 4 sets 20 reps

Bent over dumbbell row: 30 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Seated cable row underhand grip: 50 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps

Upright smith machine row: 20 lbs 12 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps

Leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

45 degree oblique crunch: 20 reps each side, 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps each side

Exhaustion is settling into my body at a rapid pace, it is about midnight and I am stuck at work doing everything I can to attempt to stay awake!!! Coffee, cold water, sugar high (donuts....) anything at this point to keep my eyes open. The house is so dark that it only invites sleep all the more. I am hiding out in the kitchen for I can manage to get some light. Today I worked part of the morning and most of the afternoon only to come back for a night shift with no sleep and I get up at 4:30a daily so I am approaching the 20 hr up mark....I decided I needed a glute day cause not entirely happy with them so my workout buddy manned up and did glutes with me lol!!!

Cardio: 20 min elliptical lvl 6 interval program

Glutes/legs

Seated leg curl: 60 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 80 lbs 10 reps

Walking lunges: 2 sets 35 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 15 reps

Leg press: 290 lbs 15 reps, 380 lbs 12 reps, 400 lbs 10 reps, 410 lbs 10 reps

Prone leg curl: 70 lbs15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 12 reps, 110 lbs 10 reps

Glute ham raise: 2 sets 30 lbs 20 reps single leg, 30 lbs 40 reps both legs, 50 lbs 30 reps both legs

Gluteflexor: 50 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 80 lbs 15 reps

Meals way off today but not much I can really do about that with my current schedule and lack of planning and well lack of notice. Have my oats soaking so that I can eat that before I head home so when I pass out I have something filling and long lasting in my stomach to hold me over till I wake up... I hope. Ready for things to get back to normal cause I love routine I hate change!!!