Progress photo update

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

Progress photo update

#1 Postby VeganEssentials » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:47 pm

My, what a road it has been these past few years! :D

Me at my low point circa late 2009, perpetually injured and just plain out of shape despite still doing some lifting

Forward to 2010, a much better time after lots of dieting and work to lose what fat I could

Then, injuries stacked up again, went from around 225 lbs. in the photo above to about 242 lbs. and was about 18-20 lbs. from looking like I did in the first photo. No photos of that time, was just too depressed to bother.

Now on to the current day! Lower back rehab complete, on the comeback trail with a better diet and a good training protocol that works for me, more upper body mass @ around 226 lbs. bodyweight but lost a few lbs. in the legs over the past few years while rehabbing and not doing much lower body work. Only regret was not being able to get a good back shot, it is by far my strongest point as my back width and thickness has gotten MUCH better in the past year

Here's to hoping I'll have some shots for 2013 that feature the big legs I used to have along with less fat!
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Rabbit

Re: Progress photo update

#2 Postby STICKY » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm

You're looking huge dude! Monstrous! Great work. Keep at it!! \m/

blabbate
Gorilla

#3 Postby blabbate » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:39 am

Holy crap, VE. You are where I want to be. Mind if I ask your height? I didn't see it in the post, and I remember you being quite tall.
--
Bruce

MattSxvx
Gorilla

#4 Postby MattSxvx » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 am

Holy shit man! You look completely different! Whats your diet like now? Calories?

vegan_rossco
Batman

#5 Postby vegan_rossco » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 am

This is amazing dude! You make my arms look like spaghetti :D
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

Cellar Yeti
Gorilla

#6 Postby Cellar Yeti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 am

Man, you look great. Nice work!
Live cautiously to make it safely to death

theVeganInitiative
Manatee

#7 Postby theVeganInitiative » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm

You are looking great! Keep representing!

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#8 Postby VeganEssentials » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! :D It is an interesting progress, now the mission is to stay injury-free and be stronger and in better shape when I hit 40 in a year and a half than I've ever been before!

blabbate wrote:Holy crap, VE. You are where I want to be. Mind if I ask your height? I didn't see it in the post, and I remember you being quite tall.

I'm a fraction of an inch shy of 6' to the mark (I think all the heavy compression may have squished me down a bit over the years, I seem to remember being 6' at one point :) ) Not short but not a giant, despite early predictions that I was going to be close to 6'5" when I towered over all the other kids through elementary school.
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Richard
Site Admin

#9 Postby Richard » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 am

Holy shit, if you want to update your profile on the site any time, let me know man

robert
Site Admin

#10 Postby robert » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Awesome work, Ryan!

I always enjoy seeing you in person, but it has been an entire year since I've last seen you.

Looking strong and fit!

Great physique update! Glad things are going well and you're managing to recover from injuries and be consistent with your training, feeling good about it.

Outstanding work!

Keep after it!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kareno
Gorilla

#11 Postby kareno » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 am

Wow, Ryan! Amazing! You look great!

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”