Hola, 3rd time is a charm

versatile783

Hi just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lynn. I am currently a Paramedic in Atlanta, prior military Actuve duty Army Hooah!! Been contemplating for awhile on becoming a vegan again and I finally just decided to stop thinking about it and do it. This is my 3rd time doing it but this is my last time. The last 2x I got so weak and lost so much muscle mass that I stopped and regretfully began eating meat again. But now I have taken the time to truly learn from my previous mistakes. This is a lifestyle change for me not a diet and I love love love it.

There are a few things I realize I could be doing better on:

-Eating enough times a night (I work overnight)

-supplements

-working out properly do that I can achieve and maintain the body I want

The hardest thing for me is eating enough. For years, i mean all the way back to my teenage years I would eat one big meal a day. I still struggle with that to this day.

Anyway I could go on but I don't want to be long winded lol. Looking forward to chatting and getting advice from like minded people. Hope everyone is having a great day/night. Dueces!

Welcome Lynn!

Great to have you here on the forum.

Thanks for the intro. One tip you might want to try is to prepare foods ahead of time and pack them with you when you go to work, the gym, etc.

I often keep fruits, nuts, bars, other snacks with me everywhere I go. It's not really a hassle, it becomes second nature and a preference to do so.

I also prepare foods like brown rice or beans in quantities so I have food to last for days at a time at home. That way I can eat smaller meals throughout the day.

Overall, having a diversity of fruit with me seems to be the best fit. Flavorful, full of nutrition, quick and easy, it's a good way to go.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Welcome welcome. I rock a night shift sometimes too. It can take a toll on eating and sleeping patterns. You just have to be aware and make an extra effort to adapting and making sure your body adjusts and that you are getting enough food and sleep.

-Dylan