Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working nights again tonight along with part of tomorrow. I get to leave long enough to go feed my dogs and go get my morning weight/cardio session in. Meals still way off and will be until probably Tuesday so I can't beat myself up over any weight gain though I haven't stepped on the scale at all. Not really hungry or eating since doing nights only hungry when I wake up.... kinda forced myself to eat spicy black beans and cornbread. Didn't track weights lifted tonight but did hit the gym hard

Cardio: none

Arms/abs

Drag curls: 15 reps, 12 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps

Close grip curls: 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps

1 arm preacher curls: 4 sets 12 reps

Overhead Rope extensions: 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps

Rope pressdown: 15 reps, 12 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps

1 arm tricep extension: 4 sets 15 reps

Plank: 1 min, 1 min. 90 sec

3 way weighted crunch on bosu ball: 3 sets 20 reps

Weighted hanging knee raises: 3 sets 20 reps

It is similar to Polenta. It is a quick cooking bread that is just a base of cornmeal, liquid and a few other ingredients and baked. I would love a big bowl of Polenta instead of the bread but my sister was cooking.

I am actually snacking tonight at work. So far I sauteed up half a block of tofu in a little coconut oil, baked a sweet potato and mixed in a lil syrup and cinnamon and roasted 1/3 of a butternut squash. No idea why but orange vegetables make me feel so much better and I could literally just eat those all day long!!! I know I need to snack on some greens and will do so around 3:30-4 which will be right before I go to the gym. Ready to see if I can handle a heavy quad workout in a couple hours after the killer glute workout Saturday. Workout buddy was complaining about his glutes and how they are really going to hurt today. Like trainer said... women like a nice firm ass!!!!

It is now 3:42 in the morning and I am having issues trying to eat. I managed to eat a black plum and am sitting here munching on black soybeans and I really don't want to be eating but know I need to fuel up for my workout. Being on nights has me so jacked up!!! I literally have had a headache since Saturday morning after I found out no sleep was in order for over 24 hrs... I just have to hold out until 11am and then I can go nap and get life back to normal!

Night detail at work got extended a couple more days.... Full blown exhaustion to the point that I feel dizzy, foggy and look like a hot mess! I am tempted to take my dogs to day care in the morning just so I can get full blown 8+ hrs of sleep just worried I wouldn't wake up in time to pick them up lol!! Will probably go take over my mom's bed after I know her and my stepdad have gone to work just so I can sleep! I literally took a nap in my car today cause I was just to tired to walk to the house after making a coffee run. Forcing myself to eat just to keep some strength up and haven't missed a workout. Trainer told me do what I can to get calories in and do light weights just to maintain. Going to skip 2 a day tomorrow and just do 1 awesome workout with my buddy. I won't tell work how exhausted and worn out I am because I need the hours to be honest. No work no food or gas or trainer or money for my birthday!!! This hot mess has 6.5 hrs left of work and I can't wait to crawl into bed and sleep!!!!!

Ok since at work I have managed to eat 2 large fuji apples, 1 black plum, a baked sweet potato and 2 scoops of protein powder. The apples by far have helped me feel the best and seem to be helping me hydrate up some. Also the foggy dizziness has gone away now that I am kinda carb loaded lol. I think between the lack of sleep and food I just wasn't doing good. Doing my hardest now to keep nurished and hydrated

Appetite is coming back with a vengence!! I made 2 lbs of maple glazed brussels sprouts that I will munch on all night long,a baked sweet potato and I brought an apple and plum and tofu to help fill the void. Hitting the gym felt fantastic today but now that I am at work starting to feel a bit sleepy but I think that is only because it is so quiet and dark. Cardio was feeling excellent until my asthma kicked in and I realized I didn't have my inhaler so I had to stop 7 mins into running to go home and use my inhaler. Packed it in gym bag but didn't take it with me like a fool... Will try running again after shoulder workout and hope I can get home early enough to get some sleep in. Going to skip yoga so that I can get that extra lil bit of sleep even though I have no idea if I am even working nights after tonight. Best to be prepared I guess. With only a couple days to go until my run I am getting really nervous about it and well.... scared I will chicken out . Didn't do my 2 workouts today but combined them so that I could get some sleep

Calves and Biceps

Seated calf raise: 90 lbs 30 reps, 2 sets 100 lbs 30 reps

Standing 3 way calf raise: 3 sets 75 lbs 20 reps each direction

EZ bar curl: 50 lbs 15 reps, 60 lbs 12 reps, 70 lbs 10 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps

Hammer curl: 25 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 35 lbs 10 reps

Bisolator: 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 10 reps

Concentration curl: 4 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Bosu crossover: 3 sets 20 reps each side

Incline crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

I could include my diet I suppose even though I haven't really measured anything out so these are just assumptions

2 slices of ezekiel bread toasted

2 tbsp natural peanut butter

1 tsp coconut oil

2 tsp agave

1c vanilla coconut milk

2 scoops protein powder

2 servings baby kale salad mix

2 tbsp lite raspberry and walnut vinaigrette

maple glazed brussels sprouts

baked sweet potato with cinnamon and agave

Yeah it has been a tough week and I am happy I maintained my weight with this kind of stress I put on my body. I managed to get about 7 hrs of good sleep only up once to use the bathroom but right back to bed and out like a light. Got a good shoulder workout in before I came home to crash. I skipped the abs, cardio and yoga which I NEVER do but everyone is in agreement I need sleep more than even working out. My biceps are feeling fuller today but also did biceps yesterday. My buddy is in the mind frame of building bigger arms and that is what we are killing.... Tonight is legs and well I am still feeling Saturday and Monday glute and quad workouts. The rest of my meals from last night until I passed out this morning goes as follows

1 package tofu cut up and baked until warm with BBQ sauce

1 fuji apple

overnight oats( 1/2c oats, 1c soy milk, 1 tbsp cacao powder, 1/2tsp cinnamon, vanilla, agave, 1 banana, 1 tbsp whole flaxseed ground up)

2 scoops protein powder

Toast with peanut butter that has coconut oil and agave mixed in seems to be my new go to when I wake up in the afternoon. I know the bread has gluten but is all I have in the house and well need to finish it off since Ezekiel bread isn't cheap! Chase it with a little glass of coconut milk and I am one happy camper!

Back to day shift I go! I knew I shouldn't have slept all day yesterday but my body said otherwise was up for about 7 hrs and was back in bed for the night and slept like a log. Will update my workouts later this morning as my notebook is in the car.... I should be trying a practice run today before my run Saturday but at this point I need to save my legs and will just focus on a nice LONG walk for cardio tonight on the treadmill with the alpine program for a nice mix up. Today is active rest day no weight training.

Breakfast

1/2c oatmeal

1c soymilk

1 tbsp cacao powder

vanilla

1 tbsp whole flaxseed ground up

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Morning snack

1 black plum

1 kiwi

1/4c pumpkin seeds

Super hungry today!!!! I can't believe all I have eaten at work so far lol!!!

Mock chicken salad

sweet chili tortilla chips

1 box of gluten free vegan french toast sticks (3 servings a box and didn't eat all at once)

baked sweet potato mashed with maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and cloves

Strawberry serenity kombucha

I still have a giant salad with apple and black soybeans to eat. Will also consume 2 Vega protein shakes to keep full. Found some coconut cocoa tea today that is yummy!!!!!!! Tonight I am hoping to actually do some cardio since I have gone so long without it due to work schedule.

I am the same way. Give me coffee or tea and I am happy as a lark. When I saw the teas this morning I stopped dead in my tracks dropped to my knees and investigating. Needless to say I grabbed the coconut cocoa and will be grabbing the apple cider tea and red velvet chocolate tea tomorrow . Bring on the cold weather as long as I have a stockpile of yummy teas

Well I get to do a nice long job hunt..... My client went to a nursing home to leave me jobless and my boss can't give me steady work. So since I am a bit stressed and depressed and ate junk I am gonna go do cardio!

I WON TICKETS TO A HOCKEY GAME!!!! That kinda perked me up after a rough day. Now to find someone to go with since I have 2 tickets lol

Race day so will have a new pic to post today after I run. Wish they were handing out beer instead of pie and cider..... kinda shocked that I had a comment on my facebook about my shrug pic from a self absorbed trainer/ bodybuilder from my gym. A compliment from him is worth a lot lol. Time to start getting layered up for the run cause it is a cool morning.