newbie pics before and now

hey joined the site tonight, just sharing some pics as its good to have a face to put to a name. pic with my late staffie cross is from 2011 when i was eating high animal product diet, no idea what the ratio of nutrients was but it wasnt good! the other pic is tonight eating a high carb, low fat, low protein, vegan diet for 10 months. nursing a slight neck injury at the moment so havent been able to do a huge amount of training, but starting again monday hopefully!

mike

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.4a255fbb926e299737303f38185c40f9.jpg

Edited by mrbear666

hey buddy thanks for the compliments, evryones kind words are really motivating! i was really serious about lifting for about a year until august 2010 when i had a really bad pec injury bench pressing. i was off work for 2 1/2 months and could barely use my left arm for a while, was painfull just to use a knife or fork when eating! i got really into cycling after that and turned vegan as i felt it was better for my cycling. i didnt weight train again properly till about 2 months ago id just bench press the bar on its own a couple of times a week trying to strengthen my chest again. finally able to bench press properly again now so really happy just trying to stay injury free and healthy now! no more ego lifting haha

i train at home so chins and rows are my back staples! do you think bent over rows are better than one arm dumbell rows?

thanks again

mike

hey buddy thanks for the compliments, evryones kind words are really motivating! i was really serious about lifting for about a year until august 2010 when i had a really bad pec injury bench pressing. i was off work for 2 1/2 months and could barely use my left arm for a while, was painfull just to use a knife or fork when eating! i got really into cycling after that and turned vegan as i felt it was better for my cycling. i didnt weight train again properly till about 2 months ago id just bench press the bar on its own a couple of times a week trying to strengthen my chest again. finally able to bench press properly again now so really happy just trying to stay injury free and healthy now! no more ego lifting haha

i train at home so chins and rows are my back staples! do you think bent over rows are better than one arm dumbell rows?

thanks again

mike

Very cool. I work out at home too. Do you mean BB bent over rows and 1 arm rows? I think using both a bar and dumbbell play equal and important roles in building a physique. You cause a lot more CNS demand when using a barbell because of the dual recruitment, in my opinion. I don't have a bar at all but do two armed dumbbell rows for the CNS demand sometimes.

no im in cold and wet wales in the uk!

yeh i can only do bb bent rows as i dont have and dumbells but may buy some now im getting back into weights again...... 2 arm dumbell rows? ive not thought about those, i bet there pretty good as youll have a more free range of motion.

mike