Thinking about competing in Bikini category for the 1st time

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

designjessie
Rabbit

Thinking about competing in Bikini category for the 1st time

#1 Postby designjessie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

I've never competed before, but I'm more and more interested and I see there are some competitions coming to my state in April of 2013. Is 5 months long enough to prepare to compete in the bikini category? Right now I'm about 15lbs "softer" than I usually like to be. ;-) And if I decide to compete in April, where do I start to prepare? I'm clueless about competing except that I know you need a sparkly bikini, lol.

Synny667
Elephant

Re: Thinking about competing in Bikini category for the 1st

#2 Postby Synny667 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm

I think bikini is the easiest to train for and 5 months should be good. You don't want to be soft but you don't want lots of definition and is more about a diva attitude and lots of sass! You don't need a sparkly suit but one that is bright and compliments your figure. Just clean up the diet and the bikini girls I know break it down to body part per day and lift medium weight.
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

carrot topless
Rabbit

Re: Thinking about competing in Bikini category for the 1st

#3 Postby carrot topless » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

I want to compete in the bikini category one day. I have the bikini right but I think I need to lose some weight since it doesn't fit that well, I also think I need to gain some more chest size.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”