Split vs Full body... wait!

mythil

Ahh no no, yea you see this put up on a lot of forums and yea I already know the arguments for and against each side. I've seen people bulk and shape with both setups.

Question is, I may be traveling around for a while due to work and I don't want to miss a split workout day. Was wondering if it would be okay if I switched to full body for a while just in case, for example, I would have to drop a shoulders day.

i know a few people who have made great improvements with a 2 day whole body routine, workout 1 on monday and workout 2 on thursday etc..... some of the old school bodybuilders used to do it too. probably a good idea to do different exercises in the 2 workouts though! maybe the heavier compound lifts in workout 1, and isolation type exercises in workout 2. i think it would work well if like you say you have to travel alot!

mike

ah i see, just give it a go and see how you get on, just be careful of over training and injuries, ive always found that training a muscle group hard more than twice a week ends up causing injuries, that may just be me though! if its just for muscle maintenance rather than muscle building while your travelling im sure youll be fine !

mike