Portia's training diary 2012

Yesterday I did legs should have been shoulders but it’s been bugging me and did not want to aggravate it. Also had to lower the weight as I did not want to aggravate it getting the weight off the rack.

Squats 70/10 70/10 70/10 70/10

SL deadlifts 70/10 70/10

DB lunges 35/6 35/6

Did intervals on bike, 20 sec sprint 40 sec recovery for 25 minutes.

Today I did Chest, there replacing the barbells at my gym so they were not there today used Dumb bells for chest press.

Dumbell Chest Press 30/8 30/8 30/8

Dumbell Incline Press 25/9 25/9

Assisted dips 100/10

Practiced my GXT test again.

Managed to type up two blogs I wrote for my website, studied. Got to write a new workout for my sister and do one for my case studies.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I did a superset Bicep & tricep Workout

Lying Triceps extensions 20/12 20/12 20/12

Bicep Curls 40/12 40/12 40/12 I rested for 60 seconds after each set.

DB over head press 30/12 30/12 30/12

Incline Bicep Curls 15/12 15/12 15/12 I rested for 60 seconds after each set.

Cable pushdowns 35/12 35/12 35/12

Hammer curls 17.5/12 17.5/12 17.5/12

I did a run today warm up for 5 minutes then 1 minute intervals 7.0mph-8.0mph for 20 minutes then cool down.

Plans for tonight are to cook meals for tomorrow, gym bag and study minus the TV again!

Today I did a superset Calves & Shoulder Workout

Seated Calf Raises 130/12 130/12 130/12

Db Shoulder Press 20/12 20/12 20/12

Leg Press Calf Raises 180/12 180/12 180/12

Lateral raises 15/12 15/12

Standing Calf Raises 85/15 85/15 /85/15

Rear Laterals 20/12 20/12 20/12

I ran today at 7% incline and did alternating intervals 6mph it was tough and I really enjoyed it, last weekend of my personal training course this weekend I think I have learnt loads and enjoyed being a leader only two of us came back to retake it.

• 2 weeks later...

So first day back after a 9 day break from the gym, I was so exhausted last week I really needed the week off. I caught up on my sleep and studied spent the time away from the gym resourcefully by studying.

By Wednesday I was itching to get back to the gym, today I hit it hard. I am starting to train for a 10k run as I want to be able to challenge myself in another way. I did legs today my heart rate was just pumping today I kept rest to a minute between sets and this keeps my heart rate up the whole time.

I did 20 minute cardio on the spin bike varying sprints with some hill climbs; I now have a cough from the hard intensity. Absolutely loved the feeling after my workout today!!

I have been having a green smoothie for breakfast pre & post workout with spinach a banana, some berries and a scoop of protein powder seems to be giving me more en energy also for now stepped away from Tofu and including more legumes in my diet.

I have started my daily disciplines again they kind of got put on the back burner as life got busier but I know they help me keep striving for more, when my ipod broke and computer broke I stopped listening to my daily dose of Anthony Robbins and other motivational speakers , I have started do this daily especially whilst lifting.

Edited by pphelps

Yesterday I did chest & triceps superset limited to 1 minute between sets I was wiped, also did interval runs 4x400m sprints round the track (on the treadmill).

Today I did back & biceps Supersets with 1 minute rest and a 3 mile run which took me 29 minutes exactly it was tough my head was on fire afterwards!!

Daily disclipines being actioned every day which feels great to be back doing these!

Edited by pphelps

Yesterday was shoulders and abs, and a30 min run with 10 min fast in the middle, my legs have been so sore from running using muscles that I don’t usually use! Been stretching at night and post workout.

Today I did calves and a 30 minute easy run, it’s a little bit trial and error as I’m trying to build up my exercise bank and try new stuff

Edited by pphelps

Today I did Chest & back supersets, my shoulders giving me grief today seem to have a really bad headache. Also did 5x400m intervals at 8mph at 1% inlcine.

Weekend was good run on Sunday outdoors in was cold! And yesterday did legs with matt and some sprints on spin bike.

Edited by pphelps

Looks like I have not updated for a few days lol!! Good news is Matt got accepted via his job from the BC Government which means we can apply to stay in Canada Permanently which is just awesome!! Huge relief off our shoulders to be honest!!

We plan to make some real plans this weekend as were both off.

Training has been going good, today I did a kettle bell workout circuit style it was great I have been trying new workouts to gain some more knowledge.

Edited by pphelps

Today I did chest & back, I have been trying to incorporate some more single limb movements to help imbalances I have and using the bosu as well to improve my core muscles and stability.

Did 20 minutes on the spin bike with intervals for my cardio.

Edited by pphelps

Today was bicep and triceps and some spin bike intervals, I have been incorporating more BOSU work into my workouts to focus on stabilizing myself and single limb movements.

I will study tonight, I need to get the exam sorted soon and I contacted the YWCA about volunteering as you get free membership so would save us money!

Edited by pphelps

So the past few days …………

Wednesday I did legs a lot of single leg stuff and unbalanced stuff to get me using them little muscles, cardio on the spin bike.

Thursday I did shoulders again single arm stuff and unbalanced I did the x trainer for cardio

I also went to an interview with a personal training company called innovative fitness it was a group interview had to answer some questions and role play a gym based scenario I thought it went well but who knows either way it was a great experience.

Friday I did a kettle bell circuit and some skipping, and for my cardio I ran stairs my gym happens to be on the 4 floor of the YMCA building so ran up and down don’t know how many times but it was great felt like rocky!!

Edited by pphelps

So not updated for a week!! Seems I have been too busy trying to study, getting paperwork sorted for immigration and life in general.

Yesterday found out my job will not be renewed next week, sad because its income every week but I truly find myself bored each and every day. Planning on booking my exam and getting it done so I can do what I want in life and stop doing these crappy boring jobs.

The gym has been going really well, been doing alternative cardio like sprints on the basketball court, skipping, stair running.

I took mattpb through a One hour session on saturday i loved it . Also spent sunday gathering Permanent residency forms i have to say we were on the ball with this ! Found out though Mattpb has to take an english reading, writing exam hope he passes lol being english an all!!

Gym going great at the minute and life in general i made some vegan peanut butter cups i will post picture when i get home!

Still studying and I buck up and act like those equations and anatomy are the studying i love to study

Awesome package from Skip too, filled to the brim with MM250, creatine , glutamine and other products i have yet to try

Thanks Skip

http://i50.tinypic.com/3344s50.jpg

Vegan Peanut butter cups

Vegan chocolate

Tablespoon spoon of coconut oil (Optional)

Natural peanut butter

Stevia

Muffin cases ( i Used small ones)

I melted Vegan chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and added the coconut oil once melted i spooned two table spoons of melted chocolate into the muffin cases and swirled round so it coated the edges and placed in the fridge to set.

While that’s in the fridge place a few spoons of natural peanut butter in a bowl and add some stevia I used 2 table spoons and a dash of salt give it a good mix, and spoon this into the muffin cases you left in the fridge then cover with melted chocolate, place back in the fridge and wait for the chocolate to set. You can add chopped nut to the top, whatever you like and eat!

Wanted to make something non vegans would eat and not immediately go eww its vegan like most people do even if it tastes good

• 4 weeks later...

Daily Disclipines

Completed planned Mass machine workout & cardio ? Scheduled week off

Intensity at the gym? scheduled week off

Read/listened to motivational material today? i have been reading talent is not enough and skips podcast

Studied for minimum of one hour? Yes ACSM textbook

Posted journal online? Yes

Updated food on myfitness pal? Yes ate 8/10 today had a few dates there like candy to me!

What was great about today?

Studied

updated journal online

eating was much better than the past few days

What could of been better

not eaten the dates

got to the library and got the book i had on hold

What can I improve on

Eating get it 100%

Daily Disclipines

Completed planned Mass machine workout & cardio ? N/A

Intensity at the gym? N/A

Read/listened to motivational material today? YES Finished reading talent is not enough, got two more books from the library

studied for minimum of one hour? YES at the library for one hour then at whole foods for an hour

posted journal online? YES

Updated food on myfitness pal? YES and it was 100% today

Studied for 2 hours

Read Talent is not enough

Housework

Eating was 100%

Drank more water

What can I improve on

Study more and remember its all money in the bank, so to speak!

Daily Disclipines

Completed planned Mass machine workout & cardio ? Yes arms and cardio

Intensity at the gym? Yes

Read/listened to motivational material today? none today

studied for minimum of one hour? No went cinema with mattpb

posted journal online? yes

Updated food on myfitness pal? yes

spent time with mattpb

no hangover for new year, went gym instead (FYI i'm stone cold sober 365 days a year anyway)

Went to watch silver linings playbook great film

Studied and read more must make up for it tomorrow

What can I improve on

Study and reading

Better mind muscle connection

Tuesday Arms

Straight bar curls x2 30lbs 6 reps

alt DB curls x2 25lbs 8 reps

Curl bar Curls x1 30lbs 6 reps

Triceps Pressdowns x2 52.5lbs 6 reps

Overhead triceps ext x2 35lbs 6 reps

Barbell wrist curls x2 20lbs 15 reps

reverse barbell curls x2 15lbs 8 reps

Mass machine Cardio 20 minutes level 3 distance 6.87 beat yesterday

Daily Disclipines

Completed planned Mass machine workout & cardio ? Yes shoulders & Cardio

Intensity at the gym? 7/10

Read/listened to motivational material today? Yes 10pages of 5 levels of leadership

studied for minimum of one hour? Yesquiz cards and acsm text book

posted journal online? yes

Updated food on myfitness pal? yes

Ate as planned

completed workout and cardio

studied made up for yesterday

Supplements from bb.com here there in Ontario ??

What can I improve on

Having more faith in my studying - you are an anatomy mass machine!!

ay shoulders (i do around 3 sets to work up to my working sets)

straight bar military press x2 20lbs 8 reps

Db press x2 25lbs 6 reps

Db side laterals x2 20lbs 6 reps

Rear Laterals x1 25lbs 8 reps

Upright rows x2 30lbs 6 reps

Mass machine cardio 20 minutes level 3 distance 6.74